Aliens' Ripley rides aboard SpaceX's Crew

Started by Biomechanoid, Mar 02, 2019, 09:36:22 PM

Author
Aliens' Ripley rides aboard SpaceX's Crew (Read 585 times)

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

'Astronaut' dummy Ripley rides aboard SpaceX's Crew Dragon bound for space station.

"Alien" fans, Ripley rides again.

That's the name of the space-suited dummy aboard SpaceX's Crew Dragon that launched Saturday, a hat tip to Ellen Ripley, the heroine of the sci-fi movie series.

Mods, I searched the first couple pages and couldn't find this, but if it's announced elsewhere, please feel free to delete this post.  I placed here since it has to do with Aliens......but there is no Aliens sub-forum........

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/02/tech/spacex-ripley-trnd/index.html

Corporal Hicks

I really do love this. I've not been keeping up as much with the space news lately but I was glad to see this posted everywhere so I didn't miss it.

Biomechanoid

Agreed. It's pretty cool when someone or a group give a nod to the Alien franchise/Ripley, etc. outside the fan base.

Roby

Awesome!

Quote from: Biomechanoid on Mar 03, 2019, 09:49:56 PM
Agreed. It's pretty cool when someone or a group give a nod to the Alien franchise/Ripley, etc. outside the fan base.

I think naming it Ripley means they're in the fan base ;)

Biomechanoid

Quote from: Roby on Mar 03, 2019, 09:54:15 PM
I think naming it Ripley means they're in the fan base ;)

Yea, I could have worded that better. My intent is the franchise getting a nod outside the typical fan base venues. Meaning, CNN or  space programs are not exactly known for Alien franchise fanfare. So the nod to Ellen Ripley is cool because they could have picked Dave Bowman from 2001 ASO, or Roy Neary from Close Encounters, or Sam Bell from Moon, etc.

Huggs

Don't open the hatch!

The Old One

The Old One

Duncan Jones' Film Moon <3

Huggs

"There's definitely something in there with her"

The Old One

The Old One

Us.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed