The Occult

Started by Gr33n M4n, Nov 16, 2020, 01:54:28 PM

Author
The Occult (Read 4,846 times)

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

Here we can discuss the supernatural, mystical practices, and paranormal phenomena.

Shugsi

Shugsi

A bit light hearted one here. Bowie and his L.A swimming pool...and the Devil (plus loads of coke)
https://deathtotheworld.com/articles/bowie-and-the-devil-in-the-pool/

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

Haunted America: The Spooklight

The Spooklight is a ghost light reported to appear in a small area known locally as the "Devil's Promenade" on the border between southwestern Missouri and northeastern Oklahoma, west of the small town of Hornet, Missouri. The Spooklight is usually described as a single ball of light or a tight grouping of lights that is said to appear in the area regularly, usually at night. In 1946, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers studied the "Hornet Light", but could not find a cause for it. In their words, it was a "mysterious light of unknown origin".

Numerous legends exist explaining the origin of the Spooklight, one of which involves the ghosts of two young Native American lovers looking for each other. According to most accounts, it has appeared continually since the late 19th century, although it was generally not well known to anyone but locals until after World War II. Some date the first encounters with the light back to the Trail of Tears in the 1830s. Many explanations have been presented over the years including escaping natural gas, reflecting car lights and billboards, and will-o'-the-wisps, a luminescence created by rotting organic matter. However, all of these explanations all fall short of being conclusive.

https://www.legendsofamerica.com/mo-spooklight/

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

Haunted England: The Shrieking Pits of Aylmerton

The Shrieking Pits are circular pits in Norfolk, England. It is said to be haunted by the spectral figure of a woman in white, that emits shrieks and agonizing cries. One story goes that the woman's child was killed by her jealous husband for believing the child to not be his own. The husband buried the child in the pits. He then returned to dispatch with his wife, and her spirit haunts the pit for eternity, searching for her long-dead child. She is said to be tall and clothed in white. She wanders and looks into the pits, wringing her hands and shrieking. The spectral figure has been seen at all hours of the day, and is not confined to the typical spectral hours of dusk and night. These pits are thought to be the remains of a some kind of prehistoric settlement. The pits could also be the result of medieval iron ore digging and smelting pits from the 9th and 11th centuries. Possible natural explanations for the eerie noises and sights are mist and the cries of birds.

Sources:
Burialsandbeyond
Occultworld

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

Modern Satanism: Anton LaVey - Last Interview before his death.

''Remember, Evil spelled backwards is Live." - LaVey

Anton Szandor LaVey was an Occultist who founded the Church of Satan in 1966, and author of the The Satanic Bible. LaVeyan Satanism is an atheistic religion. Satanism is a materialistic belief, rejecting the idea of God and the afterlife. Satanists do not believe that Satan literally exists and do not worship him. The use of Satan as a central figure is intentionally symbolic, and Satan is used as a positive archetype representing pride and enlightenment. Satan is embraced as a symbol of defiance against Abrahamic religions, which Anton LaVey criticized for suppressing humanity's natural instincts. Anton LaVey used the work of Friedrich Nietzsche and Ayn Rand for the basis of his philosophy.

Read more: https://www.churchofsatan.com/

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I understand more than you could possibly know.

Spoiler

[close]

Oh, actual content you say? How about a short article on Synchronicity?

https://www.psychologytoday.com/nz/blog/passion/201712/synchronicities-sure-sign-youre-the-right-path

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

Haunted France: Catacombs of Paris

''Paris may be one of the most beautiful cities in the world, but when you factor in the creepy dark tunnels winding underneath, it's more like City of the Dead. The Catacombs of Paris is one of the eeriest and most haunted places in the world, and is also considered the largest grave in Europe. This underground labyrinth with skeleton-lined walls and chambers filled with human bones is home to the remains of about six million people. Opened in the 18th century, it was part of the city's efforts to decongest its space. The deceased would be buried above ground, and then their skeleton remains would be dug-up and placed in the catacombs. There are several stories of people getting lost in the catacombs and never being found alive again.

One such case was a man named Philibert Aspairt who vanished in the catacombs in 1793 and was found only in 1804. His corpse was discovered only a few feet from the exit. Strange orbs, spectral lights, voices in the walls, touches from invisible sources, and other paranormal sightings are reportedly considered regular occurrences in the catacombs.''

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Nov 19, 2020, 06:19:20 PM

https://www.psychologytoday.com/nz/blog/passion/201712/synchronicities-sure-sign-youre-the-right-path

I have an eerie habit of randomly checking the time on my phone, computer, TV, etc. and it consistently being 38 minutes into the hour, night or day.  Doesn't matter where I am or what I'm doing.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Gr33n M4n on Nov 20, 2020, 08:01:05 PM

''Paris may be one of the most beautiful cities in the world, but when you factor in the creepy dark tunnels winding underneath, it's more like City of the Dead. The Catacombs of Paris is one of the eeriest and most haunted places in the world, and is also considered the largest grave in Europe. This underground labyrinth with skeleton-lined walls and chambers filled with human bones is home to the remains of about six million people. Opened in the 18th century, it was part of the city's efforts to decongest its space. The deceased would be buried above ground, and then their skeleton remains would be dug-up and placed in the catacombs. There are several stories of people getting lost in the catacombs and never being found alive again.

One such case was a man named Philibert Aspairt who vanished in the catacombs in 1793 and was found only in 1804. His corpse was discovered only a few feet from the exit. Strange orbs, spectral lights, voices in the walls, touches from invisible sources, and other paranormal sightings are reportedly considered regular occurrences in the catacombs.''

I read somewhere that the catacombs of Paris inspired David's laboratory in Covenant.

Interesting.

Quote from: Gr33n M4n on Nov 19, 2020, 06:03:39 PM
Modern Satanism: Anton LaVey - Last Interview before his death.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raBKjFwauYQ

''Remember, Evil spelled backwards is Live." - LaVey

Anton Szandor LaVey was an Occultist who founded the Church of Satan in 1966, and author of the The Satanic Bible. LaVeyan Satanism is an atheistic religion. Satanism is a materialistic belief, rejecting the idea of God and the afterlife. Satanists do not believe that Satan literally exists and do not worship him. The use of Satan as a central figure is intentionally symbolic, and Satan is used as a positive archetype representing pride and enlightenment. Satan is embraced as a symbol of defiance against Abrahamic religions, which Anton LaVey criticized for suppressing humanity's natural instincts. Anton LaVey used the work of Friedrich Nietzsche and Ayn Rand for the basis of his philosophy.

Read more: https://www.churchofsatan.com/

It is an atheistic satanism if I am not mistaken. That is, they do not believe in God or Satan, they only use the latter as a symbol of free thought or whatever.

SM

SM

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 20, 2020, 08:30:24 PM

I have an eerie habit of randomly checking the time on my phone, computer, TV, etc. and it consistently being 38 minutes into the hour, night or day.  Doesn't matter where I am or what I'm doing.

I read this at 8:38am.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

It's spreading.  :o

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

Gnostic Symbolism: The Baphomet

''Baphometis the symbol of the "sabbatic goat," portrayed as a half-human, half-goat figure, or a goat head. The English occult historian Montague Summers suggested the name was a combination of two Greek words, baphe and metis, or "absorption of knowledge." Baphomet has also been called the Goat of Mendes, the Black Goat, and the Judas Goat. A French Occultist named Éliphas Lévi published ''Dogma and Rituals of High Magic" in which he included an image he had drawn himself, which he described as Baphomet and "The Sabbatic Goat". The depiction represented the sum total of the universe. That being intelligence, the four elements, divine revelation, sex and motherhood and sin and redemption. White and black crescent moons at the figure's sides represent good and evil. The Pentacle (Star on the forehead) represents the 5 elements Spirit, Air, Earth, Water and Fire.''

''Aleister Crowley named himself Baphomet when he joined the Ordo Templi Orientis, a sex magic order formed in Germany at the turn of the 20th century. The Church of Satan, founded in 1966 in San Francisco, adopted a rendition of Baphomet to symbolize Satanism. The symbol is a goat's head drawn within an inverted pentacle, enclosed in a double circle. In the outer circle, Hebraic figures at each point in the pentagram spell out Leviathan, a huge water serpent associated with the devil.''

Statue made by the Satanic Temple

Read more: https://occult-world.com/baphomet/

Shugsi

Shugsi

Quote from: Phobos on Nov 20, 2020, 08:01:05 PM

I've been there twice. It really is something to see in person.

Heard the coach with a quite a few people. I was at art school at the time. You could hear the coach pass on the wind clearly and fast. Was quite something.

"Blickling Hall, near Aylsham in north Norfolk, is said to be haunted by the ghost of Anne Boleyn.

The apparition is said to appear there every year on the anniversary of her execution.

Anne, who was the second wife of King Henry VIII, was beheaded on 19 May 1536 just days before her husband married Jane Seymour.

Her ghost is said to draw up to the door of the stately home in a carriage pulled by headless horses and driven by a headless coachman.

The house was built on the site of a former manor which was once home to Anne Boleyn, who was the mother of Queen Elizabeth I. Some people believe it was her birthplace, although there is no evidence to support this.

Anne's father, Sir Thomas Boleyn, is also said to haunt Blickling Hall, a National Trust property."

My own photos. Took these in 2017 when I stayed in a cottage on site a different time to the art school one.

I watched that movie the Nun. And wondered if it was at all inspired a tiny bit by the Borley Rectory hauntings. It's something I grew up with. Was apparently a French Nun who was killed there that was one of the main ghosts.

Take all this with a pinch of salt. But just had a look: https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/a23106047/the-nun-movie-true-story-ed-lorraine-warren/

There are so many tales here in the UK of stuff. But it is fascinating and ancient at times.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IcMi0gppVc&feature=emb_logo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCke_eBkJWc&feature=emb_title

Local stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i6Yf8gSVec

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

Crystal Skulls

''Few of South America's mysterious artefacts have generated as much interest as the legendary crystal skulls. In all, thirteen of these skulls have been discovered, each carved from various types of quartz crystal including clear quartz, amethyst, smoky quartz and rose quartz and each now bearing its own name. Most of the skulls were discovered within or near ancient ruins in Mexico or South America suggesting that they formed an integral part of the belief system of the indigenous cultures such as the Maya and the Aztecs.

The most famous and possibly the most controversial of the crystal skulls is the Mitchell Hedges skull, rather dramatically nicknamed 'The Skull of Doom'. This beautiful clear quartz skull was allegedly discovered amongst Mayan ruins in Belize, in 1924 by the daughter of British explorer F.A Mitchell Hedges. If the Mitchell Hedges skull and some of the other crystal skulls are genuine, then we need to consider what their purpose might have been. Commentators tend to agree that the most likely use for these amazing artifacts would have been as part of Shamanic rituals conducted by the priests in their worship and communication with the gods.''

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed