Alien: Romulus - Fandango Summer Movie Preview Production Still

Started by Mike’s Monsters, May 21, 2024, 02:09:47 PM

Author
Alien: Romulus - Fandango Summer Movie Preview Production Still (Read 10,284 times)

BigDaddyJohn

And
Spoiler
we do know that there is a hybrid reveal towards the end, so that already fits the spot
[close]

SiL

And

Spoiler
pretty sure egg morphing would have also warranted a mention.
[close]

Acid_Reign161

For me personally, as much as I love eggmorphing, even if they don't go that route,  I'd be even happier if they simply showed *growing* eggs in a hive (some smaller than others/developing in resin, as per the Alien 3 prop) - that would finally put the egg on sulaco thread to rest.

Immortan Jonesy

Local Trouble

Quote from: SiL on May 28, 2024, 08:52:03 AMI don't think two things is over complicated.

No queen? Egg morph.
Queen? Lay eggs.

If we want to impose some limits, it's also possible that each soldier gets only one shot at it.

We could even attach an additional limit and speculate that it's fatal to the soldier, akin to a honeybee sting.

SiL

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 28, 2024, 12:25:36 PM
Quote from: SiL on May 28, 2024, 08:52:03 AMI don't think two things is over complicated.

No queen? Egg morph.
Queen? Lay eggs.

If we want to impose some limits, it's also possible that each soldier gets only one shot at it.

We could even attach an additional limit and speculate that it's fatal to the soldier, akin to a honeybee sting.
And we don't even need to invent these limits, it's pretty much the plot of Alien.

Local Trouble

That's the beauty of it.

Scott Conover

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 27, 2024, 07:18:29 AM
Quote from: Scott Conover on May 27, 2024, 05:45:34 AMAre there any lingering questions with that? Seems pretty cut and dry

Since I assume Russ Jorden got impregnated with a soldier, we still don't know where the queen came from. 

I never bought Cameron's explanation that the other colonists went into the derelict after seeing what happened to Russ, so I'd prefer to think that whatever popped out of him captured and eggmorphed at least one other colonist back at Hadley's to produce a queen egg.

Romulus could show us something like that happening, but maybe without spoiling the reveal of an adult queen prior to Aliens.

True.

I always just assumed the first Xeno was/became a queen, seems like the easiest and most logical outcome.

That Cameron idea is a bit too Looney Tunes over the top stupid for my tastes.

Titus

They're forever trying to find that Ripley replacement aren't they. Give it up.

GrimmVision

BigDaddyJohn

They're forever trying to say the same shit aren't they ? Give it up.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed