[Spoilers] More Alien: Romulus Leaks, Including More Connections To The Original Film!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 13, 2024, 03:26:28 PM

Author
[Spoilers] More Alien: Romulus Leaks, Including More Connections To The Original Film! (Read 46,906 times)

PsyKore

Quote from: aliens13 on Jun 06, 2024, 10:14:57 AM
Quote from: SiL on Jun 06, 2024, 07:36:03 AM
Quote from: Scott Conover on Jun 06, 2024, 07:21:09 AMI always just assumed the special order was just something Wey Yu used for all alien species and technology - I never thought it was specific to the Xeno.

The special order is explicitly specific to the Nostromo.

Investigating potential life forms is the general order.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it doesn't the Sevastopol station start running with the Special Order before WY buys it?

Special order 939 comes after WY buys Sevastopol from Seegson.

BlueMarsalis79

I never thought about Ripley being new honestly, I am aware the Nostromo specifically got rerouted, I just prefer the idea that it might have been due to vicinity not a planned operation from the very beginning.

SiL

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jun 06, 2024, 10:42:00 AMI never thought about Ripley being new honestly, I am aware the Nostromo specifically got rerouted, I just prefer the idea that it might have been due to vicinity not a planned operation from the very beginning.
I mean it was both. It was the next ship going out that way they could redirect to "intercept" the transmission.

All the Ash line does is confirm that the rerouting was done before they left Thedus without their knowledge, it wasn't done on the fly.

BlueMarsalis79

And I suppose it makes more sense for someone to have specifically requested Ash be aboard than them having secret Synthetics on every vessel, can you imagine the lawsuit potential?

But that also makes it much more obvious, that it is probably a chancer, or group of them that somehow learned about the signal before others and decided on this course.

Which I never like as much as something like this being systemic.

SiL

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jun 06, 2024, 10:51:45 AMAnd I suppose it makes more sense for someone to have specifically requested Ash be aboard than them having secret Synthetics on every vessel, can you imagine the lawsuit potential?

But that also makes it much more obvious, that it is probably a chancer, or group of them that somehow learned about the signal before others and decided on this course.

Which I never like as much as something like this being systemic.
Systemic doesn't make sense because every single science officer ever would have to be in on it.

Ripley's conversation both establishes and enforces that crew changes are common and no big deal, so they could swap out the science officer as needed for their task.

For it to be systemic would require ridiculous amounts of coordination and frankly prayer that nobody got caught, with every. Single. Ship. Holding some kind of sleeper agent.

BlueMarsalis79

Yeah I know so why I said could you imagine the lawsuit.

I just buy and find systemic injustice more compelling than your Carter Burkes of the world.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed