Predators Rated 15 in UK

Started by Darkness, Jun 25, 2010, 05:31:18 PM

Author
Predators Rated 15 in UK (Read 14,272 times)

Darkness

Darkness

The BBFC has officially rated Predators a 15 in the UK for “strong violence, gory images, language and sex references”. It was passed with no cuts made. Both AvP and AvP Requiem were rated 15 here but all previous Alien and Predator movies were originally rated 18.

Thanks to Darkoo for the news.

Keyes

Keyes

Also note - "Run Time 106m 49s"

good news for box office income, bad news for 18 rating fans, here's hoping that the US's unrated dvd will be an 18.

Kobee12

Kobee12

I dont understand how this works, can someone explain what 15 and 18 mean

mjv100

mjv100

thats pretty lame. was hoping for a 18 certificate. still looks good from what ive seen on this site. roll on 8th july!...you set us UPPPPPPPPPPPP! ;)

Keyes

Keyes

I'm surprised it's a 15 here in the UK, considering the "Hard R" hype from the makers (equivalent to an 18 rating here), but the description of the rating sounds what we would expect, so that's good. Interestingly, Predator 2 was re-rated from an original 18 down to a 15 in recent years. Perhaps the rating for Predator 1 will go down to a 15 once the new Blu-ray edition is released in a week or two. 18 rated films are more in line with the extreme graphic nature of the "Saw" franchise or movies that contain sex scenes.

thomas.howes

thomas.howes

nothing to fear for gore fans. i mean silent hill was a 15 here and that had barb wire shoot up a womens gash and split her in 2

MicroN

MicroN

LOL 2 from 13 age restriction. What an f up. ::)

asdf

asdf

Not too bothered, Aliens would barely be a 15 these days - it's all about the mood of the film.

Neon_Knight

Neon_Knight

Booooooooooooo

Alien³

Alien³

This doesn't throw me off the film.

Federick Gonsa

Federick Gonsa

ITs about the tolerance of the times. Many films that were rated R in the past could easily get a pg13 rating if they were rated or released today.

BUGZ

BUGZ

TOTAL BOLLOCKS! C'mon man a f**king 15 ???

JESUS!!!

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

From what I've seen this film seems to be as "graphic" as P1. The lower rating could very well be the product of the continual pushing of boundaries in cinema. What was an "18" 20+ years ago isn't necessarily an "18" now.

Neilsonshire1982

Neilsonshire1982

dont worry if it had a single scene of full nudity along with the gore then it WOULD be an 18 .besides it dont matter how violent movies are these days anyways they will still rate it 15 . its a different time nowadays.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed