MPAA & "Hard R" Rating

Started by Darkness, Mar 12, 2007, 07:33:06 PM

Author
MPAA & "Hard R" Rating (Read 20,351 times)

RIJOENPIAL

RIJOENPIAL

Fawdrey, I don't know about you, but I don't want a movie that just meets my expectations...I want it to surpass them and be memorable in a good way...Making a 'surgical' movie to meet fans' expectations is just wrong...Movies should be creative and definitely surprising, mind-boggling, showing us something we've never seen before, always within boundaries such as preserving continuity, respecting the previous material they are spelunking...  About Vancouver, from the pics I've seen, they were shooting on residential streets, to make it look like a small town...A large city would be too much for a sole predator to find lurking Aliens...not to mention a million potential hosts... The R-rating will just show more blood, guts and a huge work from the prothetics department, kinda like Starship Troopers...    ;D    And we all know what that movie was worth, apart the satirical anti-war subtext... So the R-rating will just be a more disgusting movie, not a better one...Gore and maimed bodies, after 4 movies with Xenos doing it, is getting boring, actually...we need additions to the mythos, not an 'auto-pilot' movie, showing us what we want to see...that is just a waste of time, in my book... and precious resources that could be used to do a REAL Alien or Predator movie... After reading the advance script and realising what remained from that first draft, I fear that this will be the definitive nail in the ALien coffin...

RIJOENPIAL

RIJOENPIAL

I know, I'm a party pooper! I just want to save you guys  $ 5 and a ton of disappointment...    ;)     8)  

RIJOENPIAL

RIJOENPIAL

..But December is still far away, so I've got time...   ;D     ;D  

Gill Predator

Gill Predator

I hope there is a lot of blood and gore in AvP2

Danger Close

Danger Close

I think we all want a movie that will exeed our expectations, The first movie FOX needed to know that they could make money, now that they know the money is there, they might relax. The movie will depend on story first and formost. Your right that a gory movie is not what makes this franchise great. You are also right that the pictures show a more small town feel... but no small town I have ever been to has a sewer system that is big enough for an Alien. Every press release just seems too scripted. I just think with the way the hype machine works these days and the lack of actual details, It wouldn't be out of the question for the directors to pull the wool over our eyes and make a movie that will actually kick ass. Maby i am giving them too much credit or maby my hopes are to high, but if you (RIJOENPIAL) are a true fan... then you too, are hoping for a great movie.

Danger Close

Danger Close

If they are going to add a bunch af gore, It may be interesting to see some new predator trophy rituals. Although, if the Predator is there to clean up an Alien outbreak, it may be difficult to explain some human trophies with all those Aliens around.

RIJOENPIAL

RIJOENPIAL

Sure I am, Fawdrey... although all seems pointing the other way...a script produced too fast after AVP, a movie produced too fast after AVP, and the rest, seems that they are pulling the wool over the wool they pulled    ;D   Maybe that's just Fox's marketing strategy...to divert attentions...but unless they do a pre-screening before the premiere, this is just noise... ~  I don't know how big the sewers are in a small American town, but I don't even know if the Aliens would fit NY sewers    :D   However, from the looks of it, especially the characters involved and actors' statements, I get the feeling this will be in a small town kinda like the 'Outbreak' one, to enabl some self-containment and desinformation from the Weyland and police authorities...so it has to be a remote location otherwise there will be too many variables that will result in a flawed script and movie, and they and we don't want that, right? So, my bets are still the setting advanced by the first draft, with some alterations, especially the K-Mart scene being dropped...The sewers are still there, the sole Predator responding the distress call...but, man, a WHOLE Predator clan wiped out!!! So, the Aliens already won....!!       :(  

Danger Close

Danger Close

How about we both hope for the best. I would be nice to see some of the Directors previous movie experience. But for now, other than the 1 production still, there is no telling which way it will go. Could be good... could be bad. I'm gonna go with good. I don't feel they are rushing the movie either, they finished shooting a full year before it is set to release. (Not including reshoots).

RIJOENPIAL

RIJOENPIAL

Hey, I sure hope the Strause Bros. can get something out of Shane Salerno's script...and make the Alien and Predators look lifelike, as best as possible... About the setting, my wishes are that they discover a credible way to maintain the mystery around the Xenos for the Nostromo events 150 years later... Pretty tough job... but they looked serious enough to make it work...IF the script is well-written...otherwise...Paul's AVP will be the least of your worries...   ;D     >:(     :'(  

Danger Close

Danger Close

The script is the big thing.... AVP 1 was just so far-fetched, things happened in that movie that were impossible. Fans are not stupid... Chopper's death was cool but.... how long was that tail? If you have read the comics, they did the perfect setting in the first one. That is the movie they should make, that way you don't have to explain why the Aliens don't spread outside the town. I really hope they don't make the same mistake that Alien 4 made. When Ripley died, that should have ended that arc. They should have started new... think of the first bit of the first FINAL FANTASY movie. the city was distroyed and humans sit above in a space station trying to reclaim the planet. AVP 1 should just end... forget that mess and go to the comic for referance. If you have not read it, your missing out. With that said, there is a lot of potential with this one, we could be in for some new stuff, ie the Predalien, unless it turns out like the Newborn from Alien 4.

RIJOENPIAL

RIJOENPIAL

IMO, the Predalien will be the first major test for the ADI crew because it needs to be scary, credible (from what we know about the mixing of different DNAs, Xeno with humans or Preds...) and if it fails, the rest will fall apart like a castle of cards... About the AVP comics, I just skimmed through them, so i don't know what went in that non-canonic Dark Horse series... What I do know is that they need AVP to respect Alien continuity and, if possible, add to it without disrupting what will happen 100 years later with Ripley and the Nostromo crew...Fox already said they will make the bridge between AVP and the Alien saga with AVP2, so this AVP2 will not only be the redemption of AVP1, but a more important movie than we give it credit for... S they better do it right...

RIJOENPIAL

RIJOENPIAL

You got to remember that despite the fact you would like transposing a stroy from the comics to movie, you know tha what works in comics doesn't necessarily work in a movie...That is why the Batman movies feel very different than the comics...in comics, there are a lot more characterisation of the characters than in a 90, 100-minute movie... I think it's a mistake to make the sequel on Earth...It would be so much better the spaceship landing on the Yautja planet and the Predalien wreak havoc among them... And the situation being so desperate that the Predator king or whatever would instruct some Predators to go an seek Lex, Dutch and Harrigan to help them... Now that would be an awesome movie, unpredictable and with immense possibilities...this AVP2 setting sounds lazy, looks just a re-hatch of the first one, only in a different, more urban setting, like the Pred II was to Pred I...

War Wager

War Wager

I think it should be HARD R because all the other movies (exept AvP   >:(  ) were all R-rated

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

To quote you, RIJ... "Don't pretend to know me." :)  Please do not put words in my mouth. I have never given eany indication I have "hated for Paul." What gave you that impression? I actually liked the film more than several in both series. It could have been better than it was, but happened to be entertaining. All I said was that the other people reported as allegedly being at the einterview were shown not to be, which makes it dubious. The event it was supposedly taken it did not even exist.  I don't see why or how they could retrieve any remains if the items in question happen to be incinerated and the like. Even if they aren't, how would they locate any and identify them for what they are? How do we know the things don't just decompose unless treated with something?  And if they do study bits and pieces of them, what would it matter? The general public won't ever know. We don't even have any indication that Weyland's company would be in the film. They might not have any knowledge about this event. They could well be getting broken up and sold off to create the new entity of 'Weyland-Yutani', by this time, for all anyone knows.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Or hatred for Paul, even...  Also, the script is not too quick. A script, depending on the quality of the writer, can be written in only a few days, if it's good enough. I've done scripts in under a week which have got great reviews (no, nothing for money yet, but something is in the pipeline which gives me hope) and they were all done in well under a month. Having three entire years to do it is nothing.  In fact, it could have been a story the writer happen to have had in mind for a long time, were given this project and then simply adapted it to the characters and setting requried.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed