Ridley Scott implies "Hard R" intention

Started by Keyes, Jan 14, 2016, 07:46:58 PM

Author
Ridley Scott implies "Hard R" intention (Read 56,328 times)

whiterabbit

DiCaprio getting chestbursted is intriguing, never the less perhaps a love interest for fassbender. Shit DiCaprio could play a decent robot.

Astronoë

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 17, 2016, 07:07:50 PMApparently he also had dinner with Leonardo DiCaprio last night. Could it be for a possible role in Covenant or another upcoming film?

I bet my monies on Bladerunner.

HuDaFuK

I really like DiCaprio, but for some reason I don't think he'd be right for Alien.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 17, 2016, 07:07:50 PM
Not sure if this could have anything to do with Alien: Covenant or whether it's for one of Scott's myriad other projects?

https://twitter.com/tilburyboy/status/699979584159272961
I recall a few months ago someone claimed that Scott Free was doing location scouting for Covenant at Dunluce Castle.

Yeah, someone claimed on Twitter that they said they were scouting for Prometheus 2.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 18, 2016, 08:38:54 AM
I really like DiCaprio, but for some reason I don't think he'd be right for Alien.

He's too big name for me.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 18, 2016, 09:09:42 AM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 18, 2016, 08:38:54 AM

He's too big name for me.

Apart from maybe Fassbender, they don't really have a star studded cast yet as was the case with Prometheus.

While I would personally prefer a cast of unknowns, you can't really mount a film with a budget north of $100 million without any big names attached. DiCaprio is currently hot in Hollywood after The Revenant's success. Might even be in line for an Oscar later this month.

He might not be ideal for an Alien film but at least he can act.

Perfect-Organism

Mixed emotions about DiCaprio.  I still have "I'm the king of the world" ringing in my ears, but, he kind of won me over with Inception.  He is captivating and compelling on screen.  I would be cautiously optimistic about him being cast, which is exactly how one should regard any upcoming Alien film.

Primordial

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 18, 2016, 02:16:44 PM
While I would personally prefer a cast of unknowns, ....

Same, ideally, provided they have this unexplainable aura I feel some actors had in the previous movies, which fitted so well the Alienverse. Regardless the role they were given. For example :

'Alien'                   :  Tom Skerritt as Dallas
'Aliens'                  :  Sigourney Weaver as Ripley, Carrie Henn as Newt
'Alien 3'                 :  Charles Dance as Jonathan Clemens
'Alien Ressurection'  :  Michael Wincott as Elgyn

Some others didn't, like Ron Perlman who btw I appreciate in 'Sons of Anarchy'.

Enoch

Enoch

What if Ridley spoke with DiCaprio about his collaboration with Tom Hardy in Revenant...?
It is only mine presumption, but that picture showing Ridley's arrival at Tilbury Fort made me suspect that he came
there to met with Hardy who is filming Taboo series there (Ridley is executive producer on that one)...

So maybe Ridley wants Hardy on Covenant?
What do you think?

Tom Hardy wasnt on BAFTA awards, and we can see that in video below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7upsq6GsI0

In that Twitter post it is explicitly stated that Sir Ridley Scott arrived
at tilburyfc this morning (yesterday), for filming at TilburyFort... As far as I known, filming
for any of Ridley's own projects is yet to begin...!

Covenant starts shooting at the begining of April, right after Fassbender end his  filming of Snowman. Fassbender recently said that he plans to make a break (sixt months) after shooting Alien: Covenant... Maybe Covenant is going to be a big take for him, and he was really busy working on several big projects. At least we for sure know that he ll do Covenant, and that's important ;)... I am still struggling to understand what will happen with Noomi Rapace and her character?

Once again this (about Hardy) is a mere presumption...
but in my opinion, an interesting one ;D

I myself think that DiCaprio is a solid actor, but not a good fit for the Alien universe,
Hardy on the other side is perfect match for any role in Alien: Covenant!

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Enoch on Feb 18, 2016, 05:21:33 PM
It is only mine presumption, but that picture showing Ridley's arrival at Tilbury Fort made me suspect that he came
there to met with Hardy who is filming Taboo series there...

Interesting... that solves the mystery of what Ridley was doing at Tilbury. Apparently he is an executive producer for the mini series. So most likely just there to show his face.

But Tom Hardy is also currently another hot property in Hollywood after Fury Road and The Revenant's positive reception, so I wouldn't be surprised if Ridley considered him for a role in Covenant. He has starred in one of Scott's films before.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 18, 2016, 06:08:04 PM
Quote from: Enoch on Feb 18, 2016, 05:21:33 PM
there to met with Hardy who is filming Taboo series there...

Interesting... that solves the mystery of what Ridley was doing at Tilbury. Apparently he is an executive producer for the mini series. So most likely just there to show his face.

But Tom Hardy is also currently another hot property in Hollywood after Fury Road and The Revenant's positive reception, so I wouldn't be surprised if Ridley considered him for a role in Covenant. He has starred in one of Scott's films before.

Which film of Scott's?

I think Hardy is great.  One of the hallmarks of a great actor is when he plays different roles, that his actual character is so different that you can't tell it's the same actor playing.  He has that.  I know some of his characters had masks, but still, between the body language and voice, you couldn't tell it was him playing.

Enoch

Enoch

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Feb 18, 2016, 06:18:49 PM

Which film of Scott's?

I think Hardy is great.  One of the hallmarks of a great actor is when he plays different roles, that his actual character is so different that you can't tell it's the same actor playing.  He has that.  I know some of his characters had masks, but still, between the body language and voice, you couldn't tell it was him playing.

Black Hawk Down

It would be great to have another good and "tested" actor in Covenant.
Fassbander is great in my opinion, but I dont know much about Waterston and McBride...
I liked some aspects of Noomi Rapace and her acting (Fassbender is a lot better), but now her fate is unknown to us?

Maybe Ridley wants to show his face on set of Taboo, and to
cast another role for Covenant (Hardy) :laugh: ;D
He likes to kill two birds with one stone...

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 18, 2016, 09:09:42 AM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 17, 2016, 07:07:50 PM

I recall a few months ago someone claimed that Scott Free was doing location scouting for Covenant at Dunluce Castle.

Yeah, someone claimed on Twitter that they said they were scouting for Prometheus 2.

So they scouted  locations in England, Australia and New Zealand... its too much for one movie??
I doubt that they are going to shoot in England... Maybe one scene or something minor. Major locations will
be in New Zealand and New South Wales (Fox Studio).

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Enoch on Feb 18, 2016, 06:22:59 PM
He likes to kill two birds with one stone...

Aye, he does indeed.

Quote from: Enoch on Feb 18, 2016, 06:22:59 PM
So they scouted  locations in England, Australia and New Zealand... its too much for one movie??

Not really, Prometheus was filmed in 4 different countries, Iceland, England, Spain, Jordan and Scotland.

But yeah, there's been no solid evidence to suggest that anything will be filmed in England, just internet rumours. Can't really see how medieval castles would fit into Alien: Covenant anyway. There was also another rumour a while back, that Covenant will be filmed in Rome, Georgia USA but I think we pretty much managed to debunk that one.  :)

Corporal Hicks

He was in Black Hawk Down? I don't remember that.

Enoch

Thats Tom Hardy... ;D

Perfect-Organism

This is my point exactly.  Tom hardy just carries himself so differently from film to film that you sometimes don't remember that he was in a film.  He's like a chameleon..

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed