Different version of the launch trailer

Started by fiveways, Apr 30, 2012, 03:11:42 PM

Author
Different version of the launch trailer (Read 39,741 times)

TimmyTurnersDad

Quote from: szkoki on May 02, 2012, 10:27:46 AM
i think we are f*cking confused with the trailers, they really tricked us about what happens and when

That's how trailers usually work; you can get the general gist of the content, and do a relatively decent job mapping it all out in successive order, but you're never really sure where exactly specific clips are located in the film, or when parts are pulling your leg.

For an example, for all we know, the collapsing/rolling Juggernaut could turn out to be an early nightmare experienced by Shaw or Vickers, rather than the obviously figured location of somewhere towards the end of the second act or somewhere in the third act. It's more likely the latter, but like I said, you never know when the trailer is messing with you.

Look back at the trailers for The Dark Knight; people figured for a while that Rachel Dawes was going to meet her end in the film, but as I recall, it really kicked off with the part in the trailer where the Joker lets her fall out the window, which in the final film, we find Batman manages to save her only so that she can die via a violent explosion a few days later...

But then again, I could just be babbling nonsense and in which case, I sincerely apologize.  ;D ;)

EXTERMINATUS

EXTERMINATUS

More along the lines of holloway and or weyland realizing their mistake even if one isnt even human anymore and does something to save humanity.I would even include david in that mix.

tp3000

The video keeps saying it is private now and won't play.  What's up with that?

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Admittedly, I used to think maybe David became the Jockey, always thought it an interesting idea that he might want to become something other than just a machine.  It will be even more interesting to find out what becomes of the 2 people we know get infected, Holloway being another Jockey candidate I seem to remember. As for David, well it still could be him if not the real Jockey himself I guess, though the image below would seem to suggest otherwise...

...but then, isn't it possible there could also be more than one David!!

The_Moseph

All I get is "This video is private". Kind of difficult to add to the discussion when I can't even watch the footage in question.

I am aware of screencaps out there of the scene, but I'd really rather watch the trailer for myself.

Where was this trailer released? All I've ever seen is the one with those shots removed.

The_Moseph

Quote from: OpenMaw on Apr 30, 2012, 05:13:59 PM
Quote from: Eva on Apr 30, 2012, 03:39:33 PM
Quote from: CanisMajoris on Apr 30, 2012, 03:22:44 PM
OH f**k.... CHESTBURSTERS CONFIRMED!  :o

edit: nope.... that thing is coming out from MOUTH  :o

...which could be a small nod to the xeno and its inner mouth shooting out from its outer mouth, right?  ;)

Excellent find - we've seen so little and I'm really freaked out by melting heads, snakehuggers etc etc... This is going to be wonderfully terrifying  ;D

Makes me wonder if Ash new about mouth bursters and that was why he was so adamant to get that spoon in Kane's mouth.

No, Ash was putting a spoon in Kane's mouth to prevent him from grinding his teeth and breaking them. That's an actual technique, not a secret subplot planted 30 years ago by a time traveling Ridley Scott or him at the time knowing he would make Prometheus 30 years later.

OpenMaw

Quote from: The_Moseph on May 07, 2012, 05:51:26 PM
No, Ash was putting a spoon in Kane's mouth to prevent him from grinding his teeth and breaking them. That's an actual technique, not a secret subplot planted 30 years ago by a time traveling Ridley Scott or him at the time knowing he would make Prometheus 30 years later.

Okay, okay, okay. I get it, holy crab burgers, Batman!

Mastes1

Quote from: RoaryUK on May 05, 2012, 05:19:42 AM
Admittedly, I used to think maybe David became the Jockey, always thought it an interesting idea that he might want to become something other than just a machine.  It will be even more interesting to find out what becomes of the 2 people we know get infected, Holloway being another Jockey candidate I seem to remember. As for David, well it still could be him if not the real Jockey himself I guess, though the image below would seem to suggest otherwise...

Just a bit off topic (well not really), where did all this 'people changing into jockeys' ideas come from?

andyc

there is a set pic somewhere with Ridley & a David-a-like....assumed it was just a stunt double but maybe not??

Deuterium

Deuterium

Quote from: The_Moseph on May 07, 2012, 05:51:26 PM

I am pretty sure that this is a myth that has been dramatized in television and movies.  It is not recommended practice to try to put anything in a person's mouth who is undergoing a seizure.  People do not "swallow" their tongues.  If they do happen to bite their tongue, during the onset of the seizure, this usually heals quickly.  People undergoing seizures usually have constriction of their jaw muscles, and their teeth are clenched shut.  They are not "chomping away" at their teeth or tongue.  Furthermore, trying to forcefully wedge something into a person's clenched mouth is more likely to cause damage to the person's gums and teeth, than the actual seizure episode.

From the Epilepsy Foundation:

QuoteGet Seizure Smart is a grassroots initiative led by the Epilepsy Foundation, aimed at teaching people – from school children to first responders – how to respond to seizures. Many people still think you should put a spoon in the mouth of someone having a seizure, but that is untrue. You should never put anything in the mouth of someone having a seizure. Certain things you can do to be helpful include: Putting something flat and soft, like a folded jacket, under the head; clearing the area of anything hard or sharp; and turning the person gently to one side, to help keep the airway clear.

http://www.epilepsyfoundation.org/news/It-Is-Time-to-Get-Seizure-Smart.cfm

dizmo101

Quote from: Mastes1 on May 07, 2012, 06:20:02 PM

Just a bit off topic (well not really), where did all this 'people changing into jockeys' ideas come from?

Scott said there could be two?
Quote from: Mastes1 on May 07, 2012, 06:20:02 PM

xii22loop

Quote from: TimmyTurnersDad on May 02, 2012, 09:45:10 AM
Quote from: EXTERMINATUS on May 02, 2012, 03:53:40 AM
Just a thought.Maybe Weyland or Holloway turn out to be heroes in the film.We see Janek step up to the plate.Maybe the story is about that,a small group  of humans stepping up to save the world.I wonder if thats the twist.Everyone doing the right thing.

Yeah, I'm very, very, very doubtful either Holloway or Weyland will be the heroes. Not to mention my personal skepticism of LMG's capability of carrying what could potentially become a new franchise for the ALIEN-verse as the main character.  :P

It's going to end up either being Shaw and/or Vickers that live to see another day. Shaw is the more obvious choice, what with all the heralding from the media as "the new Ripley," but I actually kinda hope it's Vickers who pulls through. :D

If the story were to continue on in whatever direction Prometheus brings out, Vickers could make a very interesting lead and the possibility of a more interesting dynamic between the (anti-)heroine and Weyland Industries upon her return. Just food for thought.  ;)

When I first saw the movie PITCH BLACK in theaters I totally thought the Carolyn Fry character was going to make it to the end, it seemed like she WAS the main character/hero. It was so unexpected that she suddenly met her end and Vin Diesel's anti-hero character ended up being the hero/main survivor. Not so expected now since his character IS basically the franchise but back then he wasn't as big. Would be cool to be totally invested in Shaw and rooting for her and then BAM! Vickers ends up taking the glory.

JaaayDee

Anyone able to save this trailer before it went private?

redalert51

Quote from: mastermoon on Apr 30, 2012, 03:20:43 PM
This trailer is very different from the one back in march.
Hi There ,
                            I cannot seem to view this trailer , if know a way I can see , it would be appreciated ....

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed