Different version of the launch trailer

Started by fiveways, Apr 30, 2012, 03:11:42 PM

Author
Different version of the launch trailer (Read 39,743 times)

Mastes1

Quote from: PHANTOM on May 01, 2012, 03:49:13 PM
Hmmm...

someone made Prometheus darker in this trailer, mother f--ker is at it again.

They better not make the final product needlessly dark on IMAX 3D, it better be nice and bright, detailed with solid black colors. I'm tired of these washed out, murky, dark films that rape the directors cinematography.
All the international trailers seem overly dark compared to the domestic trailers, i prefer the darkness level in the domestic trailers, it seems about right.

NGR01

NGR01

Quote from: Eva on May 01, 2012, 03:52:14 PM
Quote from: NGR01 on May 01, 2012, 03:41:04 PM
Thanks for your detailed answer ;)
I'm baffled you see it that way but i respect your view :)

I'm baffled with the various theories with the engineer in reality being David/Weyland/Holloway/Santa Claus, but whatever  ;)

It seems to me that some of it, is motivated by disliking the fact that space jockeys are humanoids in suits, coupled with them not being as tall as the jockey in Alien, coupled with the need for convoluted plot twist.

The scene we are talking about, is imo about Shaw (who is religious) essentially facing her God/maker and the terrifying implications of this. Is she about to get raped (again) Lambert style by 'God'?

All this subtext is completely out the window, if it's just a crewmember in an engineer suit.

But I've been wrong before...  :)

Lets be clear just in case.
I do believe we will be meeting a real Engineer.
A towering giant being.
Never was disapointed by the humnaoid in suit concept.
You might not be targeting me but just wanted to be clear :)

As for the confrontation between Shaw and her "God" yep that is a powerful concept and something i want to see.
But in the way she's reacting in that scene (in one shot you can see her grabbed by the suit and she's not affraid or anything) i don't see any god fearing. This whole scene looks more like a last stand (with a axe) than anything else.
Also i doubt she would have the guts to attack a 7ft tall god like being with an axe.
Sounds more like it with a fake god.

The human engineer is not convuluted it does fit perfectly with the Prometheus myth,Peter Weyland or David story arc.
We'll see...

Eva

Eva

I wasn't targeting you specifically  :)

My take on what we've seen:

When they discover the Juggernaut ship underground, the remaining humans (sans the flight crew, Vickers and perhaps Weyland if he's still alive by then) suit up and go inside it. The scenes we've seen from inside the ship play out - David remains in the control room, activates the holograms and communicates to the others, exploring other parts of the ship, what he's watching.

The surviving engineer is awakened/alerted and he emerges from the only remaining intact cryotube in the controlroom. It could be a sight if he emerges in the scene with the jockey hologram playing and David doesn't realize at first, that there's an actual living engineer approaching him.

David is dealt with, Ford + armed guy and the others. Shaw is the only one who makes it out before the ship takes of. Cue scene with her running on the surface, alerting the flight crew to stop the Juggernaut at all costs. The collision happens, the Juggernaut crashes and the engineer exits and approaches the lifeboat module now sitting on the ground -> face off with Shaw & possibly Vickers.

Shaw with the axe might not be her dealing with the engineer (not that there's anything wrong with that image imo) - it could be the tentacle creature as well...

Sorry for the rant and I'm probably wrong about at least 50% of this anyway (we all are I suspect)...  :laugh:

@spelling fixed

Predaker

Check out those beefcake legs!

Too much muscle for a 90+ year old peter weyland/santa claus.

DendaReloaded

DendaReloaded

what me no understand!!!1
we said, that the ampule room was in the pyramid... okay
we see, that david is in le jockeê room, also where le starmap is....okay
so they went both into le juggernautê and in le pyramidê at approx. same time?

cos the shit went wrong in the ampule room, when the cutle little thingie burnt le whole shit to the ground. and why do they go after they know that those wormies really don't like them into the derelict...(or was le group split up and one of them was in le juggernautê at the same time?)

....then why taking an alien head with yoü † ?

tonyt2000

I think that it's one Engineer, period. I've seen absolutely nothing in any of the footage I've seen that indicates a crew member mutating into a fully-fledged Engineer, and frankly I think that doing so would ruin the core conceit of the film, namely, that they land on LV-223, find the Engineer civilization where something nasty happened to all but one of them, and get eviscerated by the Engineer and/or his biomechanical baddies.  Yes, it's obvious that various crew members are mutating in some fashion but it would be pretty dumb for them to mutate into an Engineer.  We are all entitled to our opinions and are obviously all over-excited to see this film, but also need to respect the opinions of others and respect the fact that we can all agree or disagree over the plot points.  I hope we can all agree, though, that June can't get here fast enough!

Sgt Monday

I think the creature standing over Shaw and the one strapping onto the Jockey chair with the
Mask intact,are the same creature.Whoever or whatever it is,its the very same.
And it has some baaaaaddd intrntions.

Infected

Quote from: Predaker on May 01, 2012, 04:53:44 PM
http://i46.tinypic.com/2agjl2v.jpg
Check out those beefcake legs!

Too much muscle for a 90+ year old peter weyland/santa claus.
In the end its gonna be between the two lovers Shaw and Holloway,
the beefy legs are Holloway´s

OpenMaw

Quote from: Infected on May 01, 2012, 08:09:18 PM

What do you base this on?

Predaker

Quote from: OpenMaw on May 01, 2012, 08:52:19 PM
Quote from: Infected link=topic=432
26.msg1348882#msg1348882 date=1335902958

What do you base this on?
I imagine its based on speculation that short humanoid engineer = mutated crew member.

I'm not buying it, though. We will see! :D

ThisBethesdaSea

WEIRD....I just thought that as well...that those legs are Holloways mid-transformation....and this scene is the rape scene.....

Predaker

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on May 02, 2012, 12:12:56 AM
WEIRD....I just thought that as well...that those legs are Holloways mid-transformation....and this scene is the rape scene.....
Surely someone thought this up earlier? I know I did. (Minus the rape stuff)

I feel like I have read every possible scenario in these forums, yet Ridley will still manage to surprise us all.

NGR01

Quote from: Eva on May 01, 2012, 04:24:50 PM
I wasn't targeting you specifically  :)

My take on what we've seen:

When they discover the Juggernaut ship underground, the remaining humans (sans the flight crew, Vickers and perhaps Weyland if he's still alive by then) suit up and go inside it. The scenes we've seen from inside the ship play out - David remains in the control room, activates the holograms and communicates to the others, exploring other parts of the ship, what he's watching.

The surviving engineer is awakened/alerted and he emerges from the only remaining intact cryotube in the controlroom. It could be a sight if he emerges in the scene with the jockey hologram playing and David doesn't realize at first, that there's an actual living engineer approaching him.

David is dealt with, Ford + armed guy and the others. Shaw is the only one who makes it out before the ship takes of. Cue scene with her running on the surface, alerting the flight crew to stop the Juggernaut at all costs. The collision happens, the Juggernaut crashes and the engineer exits and approaches the lifeboat module now sitting on the ground -> face off with Shaw & possibly Vickers.

Shaw with the axe might not be her dealing with the engineer (not that there's anything wrong with that image imo) - it could be the tentacle creature as well...

Sorry for the rant and I'm probably wrong about at least 50% of this anyway (we all are I suspect)...  :laugh:

@spelling fixed

Sounds about right.
But really making the survivor Engineer the ennemy sounds too generic to me.
The go and meet an alien race, he's bad wants to destroy earth, they stop him and we live happily ever after :)

Holloway's legs mhhhhh yep could be but i doubt it's before the love/infection scene.
All the shots of crazy Noomi take place in a pretty bad shape Prometheus.
When she collapses in front of David and Peter Weyland all seem pretty calm.

GreatKnower

Im starting to think what grabs Shaw is her "child" all grown up and the "face" is that of her father's (patrick wilson). This would be possible genetically. To me it looks like wilson could even be in the suit. the thighs remind me of his in Watchmen.

PHANTOM

Quote from: Mastes1 on May 01, 2012, 03:54:01 PM
Quote from: PHANTOM on May 01, 2012, 03:49:13 PM
Hmmm...

someone made Prometheus darker in this trailer, mother f--ker is at it again.

They better not make the final product needlessly dark on IMAX 3D, it better be nice and bright, detailed with solid black colors. I'm tired of these washed out, murky, dark films that rape the directors cinematography.
All the international trailers seem overly dark compared to the domestic trailers, i prefer the darkness level in the domestic trailers, it seems about right.

Exactly, but it goes to show that whoever made AVP-R ultra dark, Predators semi dark is still around, and he's about to do the samething to Prometheus, hope I'm wrong.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed