Alien: The Cold Forge - Titan Books

Started by felix, Sep 14, 2017, 01:45:44 AM

Author
Alien: The Cold Forge - Titan Books (Read 122,648 times)

Local Trouble

"Glassy teeth?"

The Old One

The Old One

Yeah, that's more of a Queen or Praetorian's descriptor.

Local Trouble

Why does Dick Mackie sound like SM in my head?

SM

SM

Dick Mackie sounds like no Australian I've ever heard.  That was another thing I suggested they tweak.  But on the other hand maybe it's what 200 years in the future Australians sound like after our entire continent is a burnt out, flooded, hail damaged shitheap.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

But...

Quote"You're in the top ten for quality of life and medical care on the planet. You can spare me the tough Aussie routine."

"You're thinking of the cities, dag. Sydney and Brisbane in particular. Not Alice Springs. Certainly not Amoonguna. Those are places nobody wants. Mars is more f**king hospitable than my hometown. If you wanted to eat, you had to kill, and you could just as easily wind up on the menu."

Isn't that true?  And what's a dag?

SM

SM

Dag is the bits of shit that cling to the wool around a sheeps bumhole.

But the phrasing is wrong.  It should be "You're thinking of the cities, you dag."  Or more correctly "ya dag".

Prez

Prez

Quote from: SM on Jan 31, 2020, 01:40:27 AM
Dag is the bits of shit that cling to the wool around a sheeps bumhole.

But the phrasing is wrong.  It should be "You're thinking of the cities, you dag."  Or more correctly "ya dag".

Correction should've been `You're thinking of the cities, ya c**t'... bit too bogan maybe?

SM

SM

Not terribly professional in a work situation.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

And he called Blue "mate" more than once.  Do Aussies typically address shielas that way?  ???

Quote from: Prez on Jan 31, 2020, 04:28:21 AM
bit too bogan maybe?

Th-the dark side of... the Force?  ???

SM

SM

Addressing women as mate isn't uncommon, but more common between males.

Local Trouble

I'm just waiting for him to produce a big Bowie knife to complete the picture.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Prez on Jan 31, 2020, 04:28:21 AMCorrection should've been `You're thinking of the cities, ya c**t'... bit too bogan maybe?

:laugh:

'Straya.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: SM on Jan 31, 2020, 05:14:50 AM
Not terribly professional in a work situation.

True though I remember my creative director at work dropping the C bomb in front of a client in a casual manner and laughing. She was quite nonchalant about that too.

Local Trouble

Should it be troubling that I see some of myself in Dorian Sudler?

426Buddy

426Buddy

Yeah I can see that too :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed