Alien: The Cold Forge - Titan Books

Started by felix, Sep 14, 2017, 01:45:44 AM

Author
Alien: The Cold Forge - Titan Books (Read 116,403 times)

Katanu

Katanu

Quote from: SM on Nov 18, 2019, 11:16:17 PM
Quote from: Katanu on Nov 18, 2019, 10:26:00 PM
Started reading yesterday, and later tonight I'll start chapter 16 of the book. Really enjoying it so far.

So...  We're a fast reader...

Well, I have a week off from work, and I'm not going anywhere, so right now I can afford to spend a few hours a day reading  ;D
Also, the book is engaging, and it did not bore me, making it easier to keep reading.

Corporal Hicks

To be fair, I beasted this over 2 days when it showed up. I honestly don't think I've been this engrossed in an Alien novel since my very first.

Perfect-Organism

Ya, it's kind of a page turner.  It plays on everyone's darkest fear.... the ruthless HR guy..

The Old One

The Old One

Best thing to come out of the franchise since the first three films.

Still Collating...

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Nov 20, 2019, 01:18:43 AM
Ya, it's kind of a page turner.  It plays on everyone's darkest fear.... the ruthless HR guy..

:laugh: That's so true.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Nov 20, 2019, 11:58:51 AMBest thing to come out of the franchise since the first three films.

This and Isolation are the only two things I rate on the same level as the first three movies.

Local Trouble

Reading it now...

When does this take place?  Sudler makes reference to both Van Leuwen and Carter Burke so I assume it's shortly before Aliens.

426Buddy

I don't think an exact date is specified, I think I remember hearing that it takes place around the same time as Aliens.

SM

SM

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 21, 2020, 09:37:22 PM
Reading it now...

When does this take place?  Sudler makes reference to both Van Leuwen and Carter Burke so I assume it's shortly before Aliens.

Have I taught you nothing?

The Old One

The Old One

Considering the nature of Carter Burke's involvement, it's my supposition that he informed someone else in the bioweapons division, who never returned the courtesy, acquiring specimens from the Derelict without his knowledge before Aliens. Or after AlienĀ³ a team simply scavenged anything surviving from the Derelict. Then The Cold Forge happened.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: SM on Jan 21, 2020, 10:56:58 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 21, 2020, 09:37:22 PM
Reading it now...

Have I taught you nothing?

I read that in Dorian's voice in my head  ;)

SM

SM

;D

Local Trouble

I'll probably have more questions as I read a bit further every day.

Spoiler
As long as I'm not constipated.
[close]

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 22, 2020, 05:12:41 AM
I'll probably have more questions as I read a bit further every day.

Spoiler
As long as I'm not constipated.
[close]

Do you not...Metamucil?

Local Trouble

I do not.  Should I?  Would I get a lot more reading done?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed