Alien: The Cold Forge - Titan Books

Started by felix, Sep 14, 2017, 01:45:44 AM

Author
Alien: The Cold Forge - Titan Books (Read 123,243 times)

Nostromo

Nostromo

Quote from: The Old One on May 18, 2019, 04:43:40 PM
Haven't listened to TCF's audible myself.

Good?

One of the best, especially the entire beginning and middle parts, awesome, can't get more Alien then that in many scenes. Something was a bit dissapointing in the end, can't remember what, solid story though. River of Pain had that a lot too (Alien-s popping out of Ducts every so often and mutilating or capturing humans), Sea of Sorrows had a great middle part also, a huge mine with access to spots near the colonist base. Liked the characters and background in Sea of Sorrows most.

All 4 of these deserve a read or listen to.

Monster Man

Monster Man

Just got this a couple days ago. Been pretty engrossed into it -- currently right now I'm at the part where
Spoiler
Blue tricks the Facehugger to dump it's load into Marcus and afterwards reveals to him that he was used to kill Javier by proxy. The more sensible thing she should've done was lie to him. Could've saved them a whole heap of trouble that I'm predicting is going to happen in the future.
[close]
Thus far it's a good read, seems more focused on human drama than your typical murder-romp with Aliens.

Prez

Prez

So I'm about 1/4 of the way through the Audiobook. Loving this so far. The characters and their stories are quite engaging.

Though I must say as an Aussie I absolutely cringed at the Australian character, Dick Mackie's awful dialogue and accent on the audiobook ... HAHAHA. Bloody hell!

I totally expect him to come out with something along the lines of "Fair dinkum mate. Strike me pink. Struth cobber. Fair suck of the sap mate."
HAHAHA.

Overall though I can see why this book is so well spoken of amongst the Alien community.

The Cruentus

I didn't think they made an audiodrama of it yet or do you mean that its someone narrating the book?

HuDaFuK

They did a regular audiobook (just one guy reading thew whole thing) but no multi-cast drama.

The Cruentus

Wait so did the narrator put on an accent for Dick?  :laugh:

Perfect-Organism

Of all the books out there, this is the one I really hope gets dramatized.  Heck, make the film!

The Old One

The Old One

Yes, please do!

The Cruentus

Starring Cillian Murphy as Dorian Sudler :laugh:!

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jul 19, 2019, 06:26:20 PM
Starring Cillian Murphy as Dorian Sudler :laugh:!

Yes!  That would be perfect.

Still Collating...

Yes and yes, TFC could maybe work as a movie. And I'm certainly waiting for the announcement of the audio drama.

[cancerblack]

Say I'd been out in the wilderness for a decade and found non-pirated audiobooks a confusing situation to wade into, where would I go to legitimately acquire this at the best price with a minimum of hassle/sign up?

Perfect-Organism

Audible.com is the way to go.  AFAIK

HuDaFuK

Yeah, Audible.

You might even be able to get it for free with a trial.

SM

SM

Quote from: Prez on Jul 19, 2019, 01:09:53 PM
So I'm about 1/4 of the way through the Audiobook. Loving this so far. The characters and their stories are quite engaging.

Though I must say as an Aussie I absolutely cringed at the Australian character, Dick Mackie's awful dialogue and accent on the audiobook ... HAHAHA. Bloody hell!

I totally expect him to come out with something along the lines of "Fair dinkum mate. Strike me pink. Struth cobber. Fair suck of the sap mate."
HAHAHA.

Overall though I can see why this book is so well spoken of amongst the Alien community.

Yeah fun character, but he had a few bits of excrutiating dialogue.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed