Alien: The Cold Forge - Titan Books

Started by felix, Sep 14, 2017, 01:45:44 AM

Author
Alien: The Cold Forge - Titan Books (Read 123,538 times)

SM

SM

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 22, 2019, 12:21:31 AM
Wouldn't a sequel be preferable?

No.  A new story by White would be preferable.

Komenja

Are you telling me you don't want "Cold Forge 2: Colder Forge" ?

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Apr 22, 2019, 04:28:15 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 22, 2019, 12:21:31 AM
Wouldn't a sequel be preferable?

No.  A new story by White would be preferable.

When does it take place?

SM

SM

Whenevs.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Xenomrph on Apr 22, 2019, 04:07:31 AMJust because we didn't get one this year doesn't mean we're not getting one ever.

Yeah, this.

With Biehn and Henriksen involved in the Gibson audio, I imagine they've been working on that one for some time, whereas Cold Forge is still fairly recent.

Quote from: SM on Apr 22, 2019, 04:28:15 AMNo.  A new story by White would be preferable.

Likewise. I never tend to want direct sequels to things I really love because the chance of them not living up is too great.

Wouldn't mind a cameo or something from Blue in a new story though, just so we know where she ended up.

Russ840

A follow up of regarding the additions to the lore I'd like. But a new story with new characters.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 22, 2019, 08:21:53 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Apr 22, 2019, 04:07:31 AMJust because we didn't get one this year doesn't mean we're not getting one ever.

Yeah, this.

There's always next year. They've been consistent with giving us one per year so far...but really, I don't care what we get from Audible and Maggs. They've all been enjoyable so far.

Quote from: Russ840 on Apr 22, 2019, 08:40:00 AM
A follow up of regarding the additions to the lore I'd like. But a new story with new characters.

As with the above, I don't care whether we get a new Alex White Alien novel or a sequel to The Cold Forge, I just want Alex back.

Xiggz456

Ya as much as I wanted the audio drama to be "The Cold Forge" I kind of felt it was unrealistic as the book has only been out for a year (tomorrow actually 4/23). That may not be quite enough time to rewrite the script, hire actors, edit, etcetera. I will hold out hope for next year though!

Perfect-Organism

Cold Forge is a somewhat longer novel than the other recently adapted novels.  Moreover it is a modern sci-fi classic so it merits more time spent on converting it to an audio drama.  I hope they take their time and do it well.

Now on the other hand, if they don't do if at all, ever,... I would be very disappointed.

The Old One

The Old One

Empathy.

Corporal Hicks

HuDaFuK

Ludicrous.

We all know they look like this:

Corporal Hicks

Nah it's this:

Nostromo

Nostromo

I view those Aliens as Resident Evil Aliens. Lol.

Favorite Audibles:

Cold Forge
Sea of Sorrows
River of Pain
Aliens Bug Hunt

The Old One

The Old One

Haven't listened to TCF's audible myself.

Good?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed