Alien: The Cold Forge - Titan Books

Started by felix, Sep 14, 2017, 01:45:44 AM

Author
Alien: The Cold Forge - Titan Books (Read 123,858 times)

The Old One

The Old One

HuDaFuK

I'm not sure I particularly want a direct follow-up to the book - it stands so well on its own - but I'd be all up for Blue making a meaningful appearance in another, otherwise unrelated story, just to find out what happens to her next.

Still Collating...

The Old One

The Old One

The truth! lol

Kradan

Kradan

Alien Cold Forge is great book indeed. But, you know, when you try to rush something it can turn out...not very great, i guess.

Spoiler
Alien 3, third act of Covenant and ending of The Predator as examples.
[close]

The Old One

The Old One

I'd say Aliens and AlienĀ³ are both great, although the finale of the Trilogy is definitely rushed; but the production's people, the artists (David Fincher, both DPs, the cast) is the reason the film eclipses the original source.

The same can't be said for the others.

Kradan

Kradan

I always think that Alien 3 turned out as great movie despite its rushed production is some kind of magic or wonder, is the biggest exception from rule.

The Old One

The Old One

The one miracle film. IMO

Rankles75

Finished this over the course of three days this week. Loved it! Great story, a truly evil sack of crap antagonist in Dorian and a compelling and unique protagonist in Blue. The question of where the eggs come from isn't answered, but (in this case at least) it doesn't really need to be. Hope there's more to come from Alex White in the near future.

Hudson

Hudson

Finally got around to listening to the podcast interview on this. Really got the impression that Alex White was a true fan of the Alien franchise, where I find that in a lot of cases it's just an easy answer for many writers to simply say "I saw Alien when I was [whatever age] and it terrified me." Also, incidentally, White seemed pretty 'real' in that the interview was an organic conversation instead of a Q&A session.  :)

Might have to check out their original work based on this interview alone. Has anyone else?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Hudson on Mar 09, 2019, 05:58:21 PM
Might have to check out their original work based on this interview alone. Has anyone else?

I ordered his Big Ship while doing that interview (if it is our interview you're talking about) because of how much I enjoyed talking to him lol It such a fun book too. Really addictive. I've got his second in that series sat waiting next in line after my re-read of No Exit.

The Old One

The Old One

Excellent author, no doubt.

Hudson

Hudson

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 09, 2019, 08:10:03 PM
Quote from: Hudson on Mar 09, 2019, 05:58:21 PM

Definitely your interview.

I ordered his Big Ship while doing that interview (if it is our interview you're talking about) because of how much I enjoyed talking to him lol It such a fun book too. Really addictive. I've got his second in that series sat waiting next in line after my re-read of No Exit.

Interested to hear your No Exit thoughts as well.

Frosty Venom

We still don't know exactly when this book is set right? Apart from it being in the Aliens-Alien 3 era.

The Old One

The Old One

Officially it's concurrent Aliens/AlienĀ³

Post Alien Trilogy's my opinion though because of the Alien's unknown origin.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed