Alien: The Cold Forge - Titan Books

Started by felix, Sep 14, 2017, 01:45:44 AM

Author
Alien: The Cold Forge - Titan Books (Read 116,361 times)

Local Trouble

Quote from: Xenomrph on May 05, 2018, 08:42:20 AM
Still not very far into the book yet due to other obligations, but the bit where they're talking about other WY projects
Spoiler
and they talk about some kind of computer virus that wreaks havok on computer systems and deletes everything, spreading throughout the network, sure reminded me of the Big Deletion.
[close]

Do you feel vindicated?

Xenomrph

I do have a giggle when creators give shout-outs to other works, like when AvP2010 name-dropped the Conestoga-class's successor at the start of the game, or Sea of Sorrows referencing Newt's Tale, or the WY Report mentioning the ox and dog hosts, or the Prometheus blu-ray name-dropping Tyrell.

I don't know that this instance was deliberate, but it seemed so specific and on-the-nose that it stuck out to me.

BountyHunter

Just ordered this. Glad to hear everybody seems to be enjoying it.

HybridNewborn

Quote from: Xenomrph on May 06, 2018, 04:28:40 AMor the Prometheus blu-ray name-dropping Tyrell.
I recently learned that that's not the first Blade Runner reference in the series! An old Alien DVD (IIRC) had crew profiles which mention that Dallas did a stint at Tyrell before signing on with WY :)

Xenomrph

Quote from: HybridNewborn on May 06, 2018, 06:06:35 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on May 06, 2018, 04:28:40 AMor the Prometheus blu-ray name-dropping Tyrell.
I recently learned that that's not the first Blade Runner reference in the series! An old Alien DVD (IIRC) had crew profiles which mention that Dallas did a stint at Tyrell before signing on with WY :)
I know which DVD you're talking about - the "Alien Legacy" set from 1999 had crew profiles as an easter egg, but it's been years since I read them, and I didn't catch that reference, haha.

SM

SM

Quote from: HybridNewborn on May 06, 2018, 06:06:35 AM

That was the Aliens crew profiles.  He served on the USCS Shusett.  Dallas also worked for Seymour-Cobb Genetics, on the USCS Anobile (the guy who did the Alien photonovel).

Corporal Hicks

So they're the actual profiles shown during the hearing in Aliens, yeah? Not something created for the DVD in the same vein?

SM

SM

Yeah.

All those profiles are full of in jokes.

Local Trouble

When are you going to craft dossiers for all of the characters that appeared in the movies and post them on your web page?

SM

SM

Maybe this week.

Local Trouble

I expect a comprehensive and accurate list of all the bald poms as well.

SM

SM

That may take longer.

Russ840

Finished it.

My fav aspect of this book was the slight expansion to the lore. Hope it is something that sticks.

Man, I absolutely abhor Dorian...... and I love it.

A well written villain.

HuDaFuK

Picked this up today. The OCD-bag in me is upset that these new paperbacks seem to come in two different sizes, meaning they aren't uniform on the shelf :laugh:

In the middle of some Philip K. Dick at the moment but will be starting this as soon as I'm done.

felix

felix

I prefer the smaller mass paperbacks myself. They're more compact and take up less space on my shelf.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed