Alien: The Cold Forge - Titan Books

Started by felix, Sep 14, 2017, 01:45:44 AM

Author
Alien: The Cold Forge - Titan Books (Read 123,286 times)

Local Trouble

I'm so used to reading books on a Kindle and comic books on my PC that an actual hardcover book feels strange to me.

The Cruentus

I suppose you don't have to worry about wear and tear with ebooks, but devices can suffer harddrive failures among other things and you can lose all your ebooks if something happens to the device.

Local Trouble

I have all of my books backed up on at least two other devices.

Ultramorph

I like comics on e-reader, but I don't think I'll ever make the jump with prose. I like feeling a book in my hands.

SM

SM

Quote from: The Cruentus on May 04, 2018, 12:21:38 PM
I suppose you don't have to worry about wear and tear with ebooks, but devices can suffer harddrive failures among other things and you can lose all your ebooks if something happens to the device.

If you have Kindle account or similar, all the books are on the cloud so you can't lose the soft copies.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 04, 2018, 09:11:59 AM
It's time to let go of your silly books with their...paper...and join the 21st century.

Oh for goodness sakes. Alittle ink and parchment is good for the soul.

And besides, when "the grid" goes down, and the you-know-who's invade, we'll see who's asking to borrow a copy of earth hive.  :D

SM

SM

Don't coming crying to us when the trees wake up.  And find that they are strong.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: SM on May 04, 2018, 10:22:25 PM
Don't coming crying to us when the trees wake up.  And find that they are strong.

Fear not. We'll have plenty of useless kindles and exploding samsungs to throw at them. You know what they say, "sticks and stones may break my bones but kindles hurt like hell".  ;)

SM

SM

Come at me, bro.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: SM on May 04, 2018, 10:39:33 PM

Come at me, bro.

"Bah-weep-graaaaagnah wheep nini bong."  :D

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: SM on May 04, 2018, 11:46:57 AM
You can't easily rip a novel.

Presumably all one would need to do is apply enough force to the pages.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 04, 2018, 11:12:31 PM

The trick is to bend it just so, and ease back slightly, creating a small air gap between the pages. Thus losing the cumulative strength that would've come from page unity, as it were. It'll rip like a veeny sausage.  ;)

SM

SM

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 04, 2018, 11:12:31 PM

Stop it.  My sides.

Xenomrph

Still not very far into the book yet due to other obligations, but the bit where they're talking about other WY projects
Spoiler
and they talk about some kind of computer virus that wreaks havok on computer systems and deletes everything, spreading throughout the network, sure reminded me of the Big Deletion.
[close]

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Huggs on May 04, 2018, 10:53:06 PM
Quote from: SM on May 04, 2018, 10:39:33 PM

Come at me, bro.

"Bah-weep-graaaaagnah wheep nini bong."  :D

Hhahahahahahahaha

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed