Alien: The Cold Forge - Titan Books

Started by felix, Sep 14, 2017, 01:45:44 AM

Author
Alien: The Cold Forge - Titan Books (Read 122,539 times)

Ultramorph

What was the Seegson reference in Defiance? I don't recall that one off the top of my head.

SM

SM

LV-44-40 was a Seegson station.

Xenomrph

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 02, 2018, 08:40:30 PM
They also got a mention in the Out of the Shadows audio drama (but not the original novel).
That was used to explain why Ash sounded different, if I remember right - it was his voice coming out of a Seegson synthesizer.

HybridNewborn

Seegson also gets a brief mention in the beginning of the River of Pain adaption, again in the context of tech on board Ripley's lifeboat.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Xenomrph on May 03, 2018, 04:47:56 AM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 02, 2018, 08:40:30 PM
They also got a mention in the Out of the Shadows audio drama (but not the original novel).
That was used to explain why Ash sounded different, if I remember right - it was his voice coming out of a Seegson synthesizer.

Yeah, that's right. It's how they justified Ash having a voice role when he only communicated by text in the book. I think Seegsson also had a reference in the River of Pain audio drama too? I think the Grant Corporation carried through a little in the old EU but I'm loving that Seegson is being referenced more often.

Perfect-Organism

Just two chapters in.  I find it has a bit of a Saturn 3 feel with the creepy bad guy arriving on a space station.  Pretty good so far...

Local Trouble

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 03, 2018, 05:59:46 PMI think the Grant Corporation carried through a little in the old EU but I'm loving that Seegson is being referenced more often.

Am I crazy in thinking that Daniel Grant was based on Donald Trump?

SM

SM

Daniel Grant was capable of displaying courage and compassion though.

Local Trouble

Does this novel get the SM seal of approval?

SM

SM

f**k yes.

Local Trouble

Is it standalone or part of a series?

SM

SM

Standalone.

Local Trouble

Any nitpicks?

SM

SM

There was one I sent to Fox some time ago, but it was very, very minor relating to interstellar travel times and distances.  Not sure if they bothered to correct it.

HybridNewborn

In regards to where the eggs come from, I'm just taking the events of the narrative parts of the Colonial Marines Technical Manual into consideration...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed