Bishop Did It and here's the proof ^^

Started by whiterabbit, Sep 12, 2016, 12:51:33 PM

Author
Bishop Did It and here's the proof ^^ (Read 9,793 times)

windebieste

Quote from: SM on Sep 22, 2016, 05:31:09 AM
Good point about the Joes.  Did one of them and an Alien ever fight in the game?

I never saw the Joes engaging with the Alien more than ask it "What are you?" and also declaring "Unidentified species!"

Quote from: Rankles75 on Sep 22, 2016, 05:31:14 AM
Indeed, although I highly suspect that would be different if they offered a threat to the alien (either directly or by taking eggs)...

In terms of propagation, it makes sense for the eggs to just be taken.  Those eggs can take care of them selves if they need too.

-Windebieste.

Xenomania

Xenomania

I was about to bring up Isolation as well. :) Apparently the closest interaction between Joes and the alien is the alien shoving the Joe out of the way to get to you, though I've never had this happen. But you can see torn apart Joes at some points in the game, and I think the aliens must have "killed" at least a couple of them until they figured they weren't useful as hosts or a threat.

Quote from: windebieste on Sep 22, 2016, 05:43:23 AMIn terms of propagation, it makes sense for the eggs to just be taken.  Those eggs can take care of them selves if they need too.

-Windebieste.
Yeah, but the aliens have no way of knowing whether Bishop is taking them away to be destroyed or to be used for hosts. ;) So yeah, I don't think he'd be able to pull it off.

windebieste

windebieste

They will stand back and watch as the Alien shreds Sevastopol's inhabitants.  It's fun to watch from beneath a bench or table.  ...or from inside a locker, I guess. 

Y'know, a helping hand wouldn't go astray here, Dude. 

EDiT:

Quote from: Xenomania on Sep 22, 2016, 05:51:43 AM
I was about to bring up Isolation as well. :) Apparently the closest interaction between Joes and the alien is the alien shoving the Joe out of the way to get to you, though I've never had this happen. But you can see torn apart Joes at some points in the game, and I think the aliens must have "killed" at least a couple of them until they figured they weren't useful as hosts or a threat.

Quote from: windebieste on Sep 22, 2016, 05:43:23 AMIn terms of propagation, it makes sense for the eggs to just be taken.  Those eggs can take care of them selves if they need too.

-Windebieste.

Yeah, but the aliens have no way of knowing whether Bishop is taking them away to be destroyed or to be used for hosts. ;) So yeah, I don't think he'd be able to pull it off.

A surprising number of animals couldn't give a shit about what happens to their eggs once laid.  Reptiles, insects... you'll find plenty of examples where they are simply abandoned.

Maybe Aliens have the same ambivalence to their offspring?  Why should they care, anyway? 

-Windebieste.

blood.

lol this thread is glorious!

I'll pitch in that it doesn't look like much liquid on the floor around the canisters, so they must have been drained before getting in the room so its perfectly reasonable that Burke moved them on his own.

Also, as mentioned earlier Bishop was under instruction to keep the facehuggers in 'stasis'... which could explain why they didn't immediately attack Burke when the lids of their containers were removed... they may still have been recovering or not even awoken from stasis.

By the way, Ripley couldn't shatter the windows, they merely flex and wobble so they appear to be some kind of perspex acrylic which is probably resistant to acid. And Newt referring it to glass... "break the glass! break it!" may just be because she's retarded. Or just a kid lol.

The only counterargument I can think of for all this is that when hicks jumps through the window, it shatters which perspex doesn't do. But I put that down to the filmmakers needing to do that because it would be out of place in a horror action movie to have a funny moment like Hicks splattering himself against a window and falling down like a dummy (leaving Ripley to get facehugged)

PsyKore

All Burke had to do was tip the facehugger canisters over as he immediately shut the door. The FHers wouldn't have time to attack him before the door shut.

gold

gold

Quote from: windebieste on Sep 22, 2016, 02:50:52 AM
The evidence is there.  You just choose to ignore it.    Bishop should have seeked out the Mission's Authority on the subject, Ripley.  Which the Android didn't do.  Burke would have instructed Bishop NOT to do so, for his own gains. 

Ergo, there is no limit to how much Burke could have overriden Bishop, a machine.  ...and only a machine.  It's not outside the realm of possibility, then, that Burke instructed Bishop to fetch the eggs. 

By the way, it's not raging.  I'm not angry.  lol.  You're just failing to acknowledge the value other people add to this Community.  Once again.   :P

-Windebieste.

In the CM it clearly states there was an unknown custom chip installed in 341-B Bishop. Like I wrote in my thread
http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=55278.0

Why are people ignoring the custom chip. Or why the Patna was so quick to reply/arrive, etc.

JokersWarPig

I think we're all forgetting Bishop was no where near Med lab or operations during this time in the movie  ::)

Local Trouble

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Sep 22, 2016, 02:42:16 PM
I think we're all forgetting Bishop was no where near Med lab or operations during this time in the movie  ::)

That factoid continuously seems to elude everyone.

Inverse Effect

Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 22, 2016, 06:19:43 PM
Quote from: JokersWarPig on Sep 22, 2016, 02:42:16 PM

That factoid continuously seems to elude everyone.

True, But then it gets warped into Bishop placing the eggs on Sulaco theory lol

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: gold on Sep 22, 2016, 08:58:49 AM
Why are people ignoring the custom chip. Or why the Patna was so quick to reply/arrive, etc.

I agree about that Patna, but that doesn't mean Bishop did anything sinister.  I don't know what LBW was hinting at with the custom chip thing, but you are the first person I've ever seen make a conclusion that it was evidence of Bishop being responsible for the egg.

As for the Patna...

Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 10, 2012, 11:11:26 PM
Bishop said the company knew everything that happened on the ship, right?  So maybe they knew an alien egg was on board and diverted it to Fury 161, just like they diverted the Nostromo to LV-426.

After all, Fury 161 was a remote, company-owned backwater populated by the dregs of humanity.  Maybe they intended to use the place as a laboratory and the prisoners as hosts.

That would explain how the company ship got there so fast: it was already en route when Andrews requested a rescue team.

And here's some more speculation of my own, based on an early script of Alien 3, not the CMTM:

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 09, 2014, 01:59:48 AM
As everyone already knows, the final product contained a lot of elements lifted piecemeal from earlier scripts.  In this case, I think Giler and Hill were influenced by the following dialogue in the Gibson 2.0 script:

QuoteRosetti: "According to this, you departed Gateway three days prior to the navigational failure that sent Suluco into the UPP sector."

Fox: "Let's consider that a glitch in your documentation."

Rosetti: "But your orders say you're here to investigate the accidental failure in the ship's navigational system.  If it was accidental, how did you manage to leave Gateway before it happened?"

Welles: "Not to worry."

Rosetti: "I'll decide that for myself."

Welles: "If I were you, I'd worry about the mission priority-rating on those orders.  That's the two-digit figure in the upper right corner, page one."

Rosetti: "I think this 'software failure' was a command from Gateway."

Fox: "Rosetti, that isn't in the documentation."

Rosetti: "You caused the failure, deliberately routed Sulaco through the UPP sector, and brought her into Anchorpoint."

Welles: "We're with Military Sciences."

Rosetti: "I know that."

Fox: "We're with Weapons Division."

Rosetti: "The presence of Weapons Division personnel on Anchorpoint is specifically forbidden by our Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty with the United Progressive Peopls.  This isn't a military station."

Welles: "We understand that."

Fox: "We appreciate your concern."

Rosetti: "You're violating treaties that exist to prevent nuclear war!  You've deliberately caused an armed military spacecraft to penetrate their border-zone!  If they can prove it..."

Welles: "They know.  Proving it is something else."

Fox: "They boarded Sulaco.  We logged a security breach and internal damage.  We can certainly prove that, if we have to."

Rosetti: "If that's true, I think you're crazy.  Someone is crazy..."

Welles: "A calculated risk.  And believe me, Colonel, the decision was made at the top."

Rosetti: "The top of what?"

Fox: "Sulaco was returning to Gateway with specimens of weapons-related material.  The Company's quantum detectors were monitoring data from the ship's hypersleep vault.  It became evident that the material in question had... become active."

Welles: "The decision was made to reroute Sulaco here, to Anchorpoint.  Other factors outweighed the risk of entering UPP territory."

Yes, I realize that none of this was made clear in the final product, but it makes my spider-sense tingle...

In other words, Anchorpoint became Fiorina and the writers simply neglected to explain (among other things) how and why the Sulaco just happened to end up there of all places.

SM

SM

QuoteWhy are people ignoring the custom chip. Or why the Patna was so quick to reply/arrive, etc.

Where does it mention a "custom chip"?  The nature of their conversation in CMTM is speculatory based on Bishop's reactions to Ripley.  They say there's something odd about him, but they don't know what.  Also it should be noted that the conversations at the end of the CMTM could very well be apocryphal considering how they end.

As for the Patna, I always assumed someone got wind of Burke's plans after he left and they set off in pursuit, so by the time the EEV crashed, the Patna was already en route.

gold

gold

Quote from: SM on Sep 22, 2016, 10:13:16 PM
QuoteWhy are people ignoring the custom chip. Or why the Patna was so quick to reply/arrive, etc.

Where does it mention a "custom chip"?  The nature of their conversation in CMTM is speculatory based on Bishop's reactions to Ripley.  They say there's something odd about him, but they don't know what.  Also it should be noted that the conversations at the end of the CMTM could very well be apocryphal considering how they end.

As for the Patna, I always assumed someone got wind of Burke's plans after he left and they set off in pursuit, so by the time the EEV crashed, the Patna was already en route.

I think this speaks for itself:

"android logs - all it saw or heard or downloaded; but this comes with a lot of contextual and semantic baggage - code to from the operating system. It looks really odd - I've tried running it through ERAP, but my computers just can't make head nor tail of it."
" A custom mod?"
"More than that.This was one very special android. Just look at these responses — this thing was a lot smarter than your usual synthetic; it was making up some of its own emotional responses to events."
"Well, it's a company-built machine. I would have been surprised if it didn't have something buried deep in the system."

Edited to clarify:

That was thought of by the scriptwriter and written for a very specific reason in the CMTM. A custom mod would likely be non-standard android software. This is "more than that", so it's likely hardware that needs to overcome built in software that cannot be overcome by just modding it.

To me that sounds like a requirement to overcome the "behavioural inhibitors" which if my understanding of integrated circuit programming is current, would never be left to software which could be hacked.

The behavoural inhibitors are more likely a hardware firmware chip that cannot be rewritten. (For safety). The only way to overrule it is by hardware modification (ergo a custom chip).

The commands of the custom chip are conflicting with the behavioural inhibitors and giving strange reactions in the data they are examining.

Don't forget that the two engineers discussing this did not have access to Bishops remains. Just the data dumps. Because it was influenced by a custom chip the data looked so strange to them. Had they been able to examine the remains they would have understood it more quickly.

I choose to consider the technical manual canon and decide that that small, very weird paragraph is not put there to be meaningless. The CMTM has so many of these little things that start to make sense if you think about them and try to solve them. And things fall into place when I do. People who don't are free not to :) that's what makes this franchise great!

Nostromo

Guys...I did it.

SM

SM

Quote from: gold on Sep 23, 2016, 12:19:53 AM
Quote from: SM on Sep 22, 2016, 10:13:16 PM

I think this speaks for itself:

"android logs - all it saw or heard or downloaded; but this comes with a lot of contextual and semantic baggage - code to from the operating system. It looks really odd - I've tried running it through ERAP, but my computers just can't make head nor tail of it."
" A custom mod?"
"More than that.This was one very special android. Just look at these responses — this thing was a lot smarter than your usual synthetic; it was making up some of its own emotional responses to events."
"Well, it's a company-built machine. I would have been surprised if it didn't have something buried deep in the system."

All of which reinforces my point that they think they're speculating that there's something odd about him but they don't know what.  It's very non-specific and perhaps that's why it's being ignored.

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: blood. on Sep 22, 2016, 07:33:03 AM
And Newt referring it to glass... "break the glass! break it!" may just be because she's retarded. Or just a kid lol.
Words often outlast their original use, so calling a transparent window 'glass' doesn't seem like a problem.

QuoteBut I put that down to the filmmakers needing to do that because it would be out of place in a horror action movie to have a funny moment like Hicks splattering himself against a window and falling down like a dummy (leaving Ripley to get facehugged)
He wouldn't have bounced off, he had Hudson shoot it out to break its integrity before he dived through.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed