Empire The Predator Subscriber Exclusive Cover

Started by Tetsujin, Jul 06, 2018, 10:39:16 AM

Author
Empire The Predator Subscriber Exclusive Cover (Read 54,931 times)

black

I'm most confused by the bolts from the planet earth on the mask ...

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

The more I see of the Fugitive Predator, the more I love the design. Just...perfect, also the more I like it, the more I am losing my f**king mind over this Upgrade Predator bullshit.

This is not how you "return the classic creature to former glory". Ruin it sure.

BigDaddyJohn

The cover mentions new weapons, can anyone who've read it share anything on that ?

Xerxész

Xerxész

What the hell happened to Keyes' left hand?  :laugh: ;)

EDIT:
OK, I checked it more carefully. He is injured and ties his wound down.

Xan21

Quote from: von on Jul 09, 2018, 09:50:40 AM
wow! ...now let's all laugh at the naysayers who were quick to dismiss the design after looking at amateur shots of a promotional statue  :D

It still looks kinda nay...

Danversity

It's specially interesting to see Black letting us know how he's fully aware of possible fan backlash and just what they will backlash. Another reason why I think we shouldn't go assuming we know everything about the movie and how it will portray the Predators, and the plot. I can't wait to see this.

BishopShouldGo

Honestly, this new black and gold predator is my favorite predator design yet. It just looks so cool. And Larry Fong has photographed him so beautifully.

UndeadJoe

UndeadJoe

I know the running party line of this movie is it's good because it's different but here's the problem. If you're going to replace something iconic the replacement needs to be better or at least as good. So far the art design of this movie and the new and "improved" Predator aesthetic is painfully generic. This looks like something the Disney worker drones would churn out for MCU Entry #5274-B. It's boring. It doesn't copy the original aesthetic, it doesn't provide an equaling appealing alternative like P2 did, and it doesn't surpass it. It doesn't even try to. It pure, undiluted modern Hollywood mediocrity. 

Xan21

UndeadJoe... agree 100% it's stale as hell... bland and I guess personality to match

Original Predator

nun-nuh-nun-nuh-nun-nuh-nun-nuh.....Bat Pred!

UndeadJoe

UndeadJoe

It's going to be hard to invested in Captured at all when we know for a fact he's nothing but a punching bag for Upgrade, a concept that was dumb in 2010 and remains dumb today.

Does anyone with an IQ above room temperature really expect that stupid Upgrade thing to become the new face of the Predator franchise? Remember in Jp3 when they brought in the Spinosaurus  to brutally kill the Rex because some genius involved in that movie thought the Spinodaurus was going to be the new face of the franchise? And then people hated that movie and the JP died for over a decade so they brought the Rex back to help fight off the Upgradeasaurus? This is like that if Universal had decided to double down on its own stupidity and have the genetic mutant dinosaur kill the Rex and the Raptors.

Tangakkai

Quote from: Tetsujin on Jul 09, 2018, 09:07:36 AM
https://twitter.com/empiremagazine/status/1016246273299664896

This guy looks so slik and cool... if the upgrade kills him off like the superpred killed of the classic one in Predators, I'm gonna walk right out of that theatre.

OpenMaw

Quote from: UndeadJoe on Jul 09, 2018, 08:18:31 PM
It's going to be hard to invested in Captured at all when we know for a fact he's nothing but a punching bag for Upgrade, a concept that was dumb in 2010 and remains dumb today.

Does anyone with an IQ above room temperature really expect that stupid Upgrade thing to become the new face of the Predator franchise? Remember in Jp3 when they brought in the Spinosaurus  to brutally kill the Rex because some genius involved in that movie thought the Spinodaurus was going to be the new face of the franchise? And then people hated that movie and the JP died for over a decade so they brought the Rex back to help fight off the Upgradeasaurus? This is like that if Universal had decided to double down on its own stupidity and have the genetic mutant dinosaur kill the Rex and the Raptors.

As an added twist, they had Rex bust her way through the spinosaurous skeleton. If that isn't an "i'm sorry" to the audience, I don't know what is...

whiterabbit

There is no way that he would go the same route they did in Predator's; where the superpred murders classic outright. That would be a horrible direction to take. However these predators are going to be less hill billy poacher and a lot more civilized.

Perhaps super pred is here to rescue captured pred for his "knowledge" and the other predators are here to kill captured because he is very dangerous, a lot more than human's could imagine.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed