Alien 5 Will Be Delayed By Avatar Sequels and The Gone World

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 14, 2016, 05:57:07 AM

Author
Alien 5 Will Be Delayed By Avatar Sequels and The Gone World (Read 37,319 times)

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Jul 19, 2016, 09:17:15 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 19, 2016, 09:13:57 PM
For me, it's Morse's curiously posh, "f**k!" after Andrews is taken :laugh:

Classic!  :D

Also, it's a bit delightful how we're talking about our love of Alien3 in a thread about a movie that's disowned it.  :P
The Assembly Cut will always be my favorite film of the series. I love Morse's overall lines in the film, brillantly played.

My favorite scene/moment is easily when Ripley + 85 are in the EEV and discover Ripley has the most horrific being in the universe gestating inside her. The atmosphere is just pure terror, sadness and despair, but Ripley accepts it, showing how unbelievably badass she is. The Bait and Chase sequence/ending is a definite second.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Prez on Jul 20, 2016, 02:12:57 AM
So the guys at Perfect Organism Pod believe that Alien 5 has secretly begun production already. Their latest pod directly states this was their thinking based on Aaron's (Corporal Hicks) posting on their FB page about Weaver's comments regarding delays due to Avatar 2, etc.

Give it a listen.

It's plausible however I'm more convinced Weaver is genuinely and strategically saying these things to push Fox into getting the ball rolling.

I've not listened to their latest episode but they have said in comments that they have actually heard from several sources that they've been told it was happening. But then they've also said it's just speculation. I still found it doubtful that they'd do it secret because...well, what would be the point? Other than maybe trying not to get any leaks out but they managed pretty well with Covenant so that wouldn't really be a massive concern.

Considering the immense support the project got when Blomkamp came out publicly with the concepts (and I still think that support was a factor in Fox even greenlighting the film in the first place), I think they'd have been better continuing to ride off that support which still seems to be there in the bigger world.

Quote from: Prez on Jul 20, 2016, 02:12:57 AM
however I'm more convinced Weaver is genuinely and strategically saying these things to push Fox into getting the ball rolling.

Same. I think she's trying to drum up those very same people that probably got the project moving in the first place.

Doggo33

QuoteIt is kind of sad the best Alien related media we've had recently has been Isolation, a videogame.

- Ooh I disagree considerably there. The first AVP film is great while not the dark piece many seem to have wanted. I don't know about the first two but the latest AVP game is definitely the best related game we've seen in recent years. 'Alien: Isolation' is brilliant stylistically for the most part but goes off the rails in the latter third of the game, ruining the story and dragging on.

System Apollo

Quote from: CelticPred97 on Jul 23, 2016, 05:03:07 AM
QuoteIt is kind of sad the best Alien related media we've had recently has been Isolation, a videogame.

- Ooh I disagree considerably there. The first AVP film is great while not the dark piece many seem to have wanted. I don't know about the first two but the latest AVP game is definitely the best related game we've seen in recent years. 'Alien: Isolation' is brilliant stylistically for the most part but goes off the rails in the latter third of the game, ruining the story and dragging on.
I always felt that after the AvP movie all the media under the same license lost its credibility.

SiL

AvP games pre-movie were f**kin' sweet. Afterwards, eh. I didn't think AvP 2010 was that terrible, but it wasn't as good as the others.

System Apollo

Quote from: SiL on Jul 23, 2016, 06:42:30 AM
AvP games pre-movie were f**kin' sweet. Afterwards, eh. I didn't think AvP 2010 was that terrible, but it wasn't as good as the others.
Agreed! It always bothered me when some people actually believed that AvP 2010 was a movie based game. If the movie was never created I bet it would have collected more interest from the public.

tvg

its over. they are not going to release alien movies so close to each other , and it looks like they will be too similar, as much as fans like us want to see it i dont think the non fans and majority of people are going to be drawn to an action flim with a 70 year old sigourney weaver and now C-list  Michael Biehn :( unless they cgi their faces to look younger how are they going to do it !? a 70 year old running around with a flamethrower? possible love story between them !? unless they reduce their roles to  play cameos and  get someone like jenifer lawrence to take over it is not going to happen.

Corporal Hicks

QuoteEverything I hear, from Weaver discussing it to Cameron's insinuation to me earlier, tells me not to expect Blomkamp's "Alien 5" to happen.

https://twitter.com/kristapley/status/756989450106744832

Scorpio

Quote from: tvg on Jul 23, 2016, 11:22:50 PM
its over. they are not going to release alien movies so close to each other , and it looks like they will be too similar, as much as fans like us want to see it i dont think the non fans and majority of people are going to be drawn to an action flim with a 70 year old sigourney weaver and now C-list  Michael Biehn :( unless they cgi their faces to look younger how are they going to do it !? a 70 year old running around with a flamethrower? possible love story between them !? unless they reduce their roles to  play cameos and  get someone like jenifer lawrence to take over it is not going to happen.

The Force Awakens did the exact thing.

BishopShouldGo

And I really don't see Hicks as the co-lead anyway. You have Sigourney, the face of the franchise, and some A-lister playing Newt. Similar billing as Alien Resurrection. You populate the rest of the cast with good actors, and add Biehn, and wa'lah. Hugh Jackman as a villainous Weyland executive here, Sharlto Copley as an android there, etc.

P1NK8C1DBOOTS

I feel like they need to stop pissing about now and get a move on....

windebieste

Agreed.  They should just shut up and get on with it; or just shut up and stop yanking everyone's chain.

-Windebieste.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 23, 2016, 11:42:22 PM
QuoteEverything I hear, from Weaver discussing it to Cameron's insinuation to me earlier, tells me not to expect Blomkamp's "Alien 5" to happen.

https://twitter.com/kristapley/status/756989450106744832

I'd rather hear it from either Blomkamp or Weaver before jumping to conclusions...

But then again... I'm wouldn't be surprised.

Kimarhi

I think they might want to move into a similar direction to what Blomkamp is proposing, but then do it without the Ripley, Hicks, and Newt characters.

OR go in it with the Episode VII mentality.  Give the characters significant roles in the story, just not action roles, then pass the torch off to the new actors.

I'm fine either way.  I think it would've been a fun what if, but if what ifs don't happen, that's cool too.

BishopShouldGo

Yeah, what Kimarhi said makes the most sense, and is sort of what I assumed anyway. Like really, why was everyone expecting Michael and Sigourney to be jumping around, doing pushups, shooting everything in sight?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed