Prometheus Footage Screening and Q&A

Started by shamash, Apr 10, 2012, 10:37:23 AM

Author
Prometheus Footage Screening and Q&A (Read 69,796 times)

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: Stannis Baratheon on Apr 13, 2012, 12:33:09 AM
Quote from: tmjhur on Apr 12, 2012, 11:49:24 PM
We don't know what they took out.
But they could have toned down a sexual undercurrent.

Anyway, I don't know how you do a PG-13 p*ssy burster. Sorry in advance. That sounds horrible.

Haha! This was the best thing I've heard all day! I'm gonna bring that up in a general conversation in the morning. Sicken my girlfriend! :D P*ssy burster!!!!!!!!

spoiler alert. can't start using it till after the movie.

OpenMaw

Quote from: tmjhur on Apr 13, 2012, 12:23:16 AM
That's not really a chest burster equivalent scene then really is it?

Yes, but in which fashion is it going to rival the chest burster scene?

The gore fashion, or as I like to call it "the childish" way.

Or the psychological fashion. The adult way.

Which one is going to resonate in the bigger way?

You're potentially evoking a lot of fears here. Fear of surgery, fear of childbirth, body invasion, rape... Lots of things just beneath the surface. You don't need to pour gore on the scene for that to be effective.

Watch Evil Dead 2. For all the blood and carnage in that movie is it really all the scary or effective? It's freaking hilarious. (Intentionally, obviously, but it just proves the point that gore has nothing to do with scares.)  :)

Kol

Kol

Quote from: ikarop on Apr 12, 2012, 03:59:20 PM
Quote from: Darkoo on Apr 12, 2012, 03:38:37 PM
Quote from: ikarop on Apr 12, 2012, 03:14:52 PM
Is the runtime confirmed on that Youtube video? The French voice over is giving me a headache...

Source
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=hu&sl=fr&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.silence-action.com%2F2012%2F04%2Fapercu-prometheus-science-fiction-prestige%2F

I know :). Fox France posted the recording but I'm trying to get the actual quote from Ridley for the news. The question about the director's cut is asked at minute 30 but the voice over is way to loud to make out the words.

is this the video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4_pnGj9wm4#ws

found it on youtube, w/o french overdubbs. haven't seen it. don't want to get spoilered by.

Blanco

Alien scene with John Hurt is one of the classic movie scenes ever.  Then again Alien was an adult horror movie. 

On another note, interesting that Fassbender says he took inspiration from Blade Runner .......

Predaker

Quote from: OpenMaw on Apr 13, 2012, 12:37:07 AM

You're potentially evoking a lot of fears here. Fear of surgery, fear of childbirth, body invasion, rape... Lots of things just beneath the surface. You don't need to pour gore on the scene for that to be effective.

Watch Evil Dead 2. For all the blood and carnage in that movie is it really all the scary or effective? It's freaking hilarious. (Intentionally, obviously, but it just proves the point that gore has nothing to do with scares.)  :)
Thanks for helping clarify what I was saying. Scenes with gore are catering to the younger audience, with the adult themes as the under current.

Michael Harper

Quote from: Predaker on Apr 13, 2012, 01:26:45 AM
Quote from: OpenMaw on Apr 13, 2012, 12:37:07 AM

Thanks for helping clarify what I was saying. Scenes with gore are catering to the younger audience, with the adult themes as the under current.

Perfect Example:

My younger brother put Alien on tonight to watch with his friend, and his friend said that he thought it wasn't scary at all because there wasn't even any gore, and stated that the Saw films are far better. That shows how younger audiences are more accustomed to just seeing gore in horror films, rather than complex adult themes that don't need to by bloody to be horrific.

Thankfully my younger brother has grew up having to watch more intelligent films instead of all this teenage-friendly bullshit!

Deuterium

Deuterium

Woops, a bit of an akward moment for Sir Ridley when he forgot the name of Yaphet Kotto.  But hey, that can happen to any of us.

Ohh, and before any other males chime in...Charlize's legs look fantastic in this interview.

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Deuterium on Apr 13, 2012, 01:50:07 AM
Woops, a bit of an akward moment for Sir Ridley when he forgot the name of Yaphet Kotto.  But hey, that can happen to any of us.
Never.

Who forgets the name of Sir Yaphett Kotto.

Deuterium

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Apr 13, 2012, 01:54:19 AM
Quote from: Deuterium on Apr 13, 2012, 01:50:07 AM
Never.

Who forgets the name of Sir Yaphett Kotto.

LOL.

Just for the record, I mean't it as an "age" thing (getting older)...not that in any way, shape, or form that Sir Yaphet is "forgettable".  The man is a living legend.

T Dog

T Dog

So the 17 minutes relates to another movie altogether. Then he says it's always the directors cut essentially. Think he was being coy though. Since he's not really one to talk about theatrical directors cuts.

And then he basically rambled on about casting which had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the question that was asked.

Is he hard of hearing? No joke intended.

ChrisPachi

Quite succinctly, Scott says in regards to the derelict: "It didn't crash, it parked". Interesting.

OpenMaw

Quote from: tmjhur on Apr 13, 2012, 02:04:48 AM

No, not at all. He's just Ridley Freakin' Scott, and he'll talk about whatever he feels like.  ;D

bleau

bleau

Quote from: OpenMaw on Apr 13, 2012, 02:20:48 AM
Quote from: tmjhur on Apr 13, 2012, 02:04:48 AM

No, not at all. He's just Ridley Freakin' Scott, and he'll talk about whatever he feels like.  ;D

Funny, but definitely agree^. :D

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Apr 13, 2012, 02:18:37 AM
Quite succinctly, Scott says in regards to the derelict: "It didn't crash, it parked". Interesting.

I always thought the crash was funny/ hard to understand from the screen shots. One shows it almost motionless standing up, another its turned around and appears rolling. IDK , crazy.

ChrisPachi

Quote from: bleau on Apr 13, 2012, 02:38:52 AM
Quote from: ChrisPachi on Apr 13, 2012, 02:18:37 AM
I always thought the crash was funny/ hard to understand from the screen shots. One shows it almost motionless standing up, another its turned around and appears rolling. IDK , crazy.

Scott was talking about the derelict in Alien, saying that to his mind it parked and didn't crash. I know this may not be a surprise to some people as lots of fans have speculated/argued that one way or the other, but it is interesting to hear him so clearly state what happened, especially so close the release of Prometheus. It makes one wonder how or if this small detail will tie into the new film at all.

ThisBethesdaSea

Where and when did the 'the derelict crashed' retconn start?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed