Peter Briggs' Alien vs. Predator - Podcast, New Articles

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 11, 2015, 10:52:43 PM

Author
Peter Briggs' Alien vs. Predator - Podcast, New Articles (Read 28,285 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 15, 2015, 02:42:47 PM
Yeah, I really enjoyed reading through and researching the Alien 3 scripts when I did the pages for them on Xenopedia. Although Eric Red's was hard going... :P

I'm not a massive fan of doing the break-downs. I just find them a little dull to write. It quickly becomes very he said, she said. They're important to have though - not everyone wants to read a script.

AVP MOVIES WERE CRAP

AVP MOVIES WERE CRAP

They should collect all of the copies if them, the master copy, Paul Anderson, the Strauss Bros, pile it up and set it a blaze. Burn it all out of the public's memory and do the Briggs Script like they should have in the first place. Problems solved.

KiramidHead

I went and finally read this script after listening to the podcast. I agree that it's pretty good, especially for a first draft that was written very quickly. It's a shame that two pages are missing, and that the later drafts aren't out there to read. It's also a hell of a lot better than his Freddy vs Jason script. :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 15, 2016, 02:50:28 AM
I went and finally read this script after listening to the podcast. I agree that it's pretty good, especially for a first draft that was written very quickly. It's a shame that two pages are missing, and that the later drafts aren't out there to read. It's also a hell of a lot better than his Freddy vs Jason script. :laugh:

What 2 pages? There were 2 pages the wrong way round but I don't think the PDF we've got was missing any.

He only did a single draft after this one. I really really really want to read that. I hope it surfaces eventually. From what I've heard of it it sounded like it had some really interested sequences.

SiL

The one that's floating around on the net as a text file has two pages missing.

KiramidHead

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 15, 2016, 07:36:38 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 15, 2016, 02:50:28 AM

What 2 pages? There were 2 pages the wrong way round but I don't think the PDF we've got was missing any.

He only did a single draft after this one. I really really really want to read that. I hope it surfaces eventually. From what I've heard of it it sounded like it had some really interested sequences.

Yeah, I ran into the pages the wrong way round and fixed it. The missing pages are 70 and 84, in my scan.

Corporal Hicks

Yep, you're right. I forgot about that!

KiramidHead

I've run into missing pages before when reading scripts. Sometimes, like this one, you don't miss a whole lot. In others, you miss how a certain scene resolves and go "what the fu- oh, it's the missing page."

Corporal Hicks

HuDaFuK

That would've been insane :laugh:

KiramidHead

So it would have been about Arnold saving Goleefornya. I can dig it, especially since was back before Emmerich started sucking.

Whiskeybrewer

That would have been pretty interesting lol

I actually wanna watch Moon44 now lol

Corporal Hicks

Video of The Hunt Begins article, with artwork from Declan Loftus visualizing that zero-G scene from the second draft.

HuDaFuK

Hope I got a thanks for my crucial Aliens mag knowledge :P

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

You know, I did actually forget to mention.  :'( Your credit was in the image captions in the article, not the text and I forgot for the video. Sorry, brother. I'll add it to the video description.

Also, here's an interesting one that Peter Briggs dropped on Facebook that I hadn't heard before.

QuoteThere WAS a treatment (I think that was John Davis produced?), which was set in the snow in somewhere like the Himalayas, if I recall. I might be wrong, but I thought that was Jim and John Thomas who did that?

https://twitter.com/ThePeterBriggs/status/1332715796242575364

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed