Idea's of a Perfect Alien vs Predator film

Started by Predwars24, Feb 16, 2019, 09:23:49 PM

Author
Idea's of a Perfect Alien vs Predator film (Read 7,920 times)

The Old One

The Old One

Awesome.  :)

Number13

I started with what I should not do:

Setting: not on Earth or modern times

History: Don't change it or intertwine it like how AVP did with the origin of Weyland or Predators with teaching humans how to build

Alien life cycle: Don't change the life cycle like with the Predalien's special ability to pump embryos or speed it up.

Human/Predator team up: Don't do it, people like Predators has villains.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Number13 on Apr 26, 2019, 09:40:34 PM
Don't do it.

:P
Spoiler
Only joking.  ;D
[close]

yautjapet

Quote from: Number13 on Apr 26, 2019, 09:40:33 PM
Human/Predator team up: Don't do it, people like Predators has villains.

Eh, I'd say that's debatable! It's a hot topic, and for sure there are people who like preds strictly as antagonists and nothing more, but I feel like I see just as many people who don't mind a well-handled team-up (I don't think I've ever seen anyone complain about the dynamic between Machiko and Dachande.)

Wysps

I thought it worked well with Ahab and Galgo too, which is more of the direction that I'd like to see a team-up go if there was one in the future.  There was acknowledgement on both sides of the other's usefulness, with a minimum amount of "bonding" between the two (if it even was that).  No lengthy two-way conversations, no introspection on the part of the Predator - it was pretty straightforward and kept all of the character growth and self-examination on Galgo's side, while Ahab maintained his mystery.  It was well executed, IMO.

Granted, I don't mind team-ups.  I waffle back and forth between how appropriate they are for the franchise, but at the end of the day I think it more has to do with how people perceive the Predator's role in the franchise - fully antagonistic or with room for something more?  I tend to prefer the latter, but I understand why some people would prefer the former, especially with regards to the "original intent".

yautjapet

Quote from: Wysps on May 05, 2019, 03:33:55 PM
at the end of the day I think it more has to do with how people perceive the Predator's role in the franchise - fully antagonistic or with room for something more?  I tend to prefer the latter, but I understand why some people would prefer the former, especially with regards to the "original intent".

Yes, I do think your perspective on that depends on what it is about this franchise you enjoy. If you're here primarily for the action, gore, and suspense of humans being hunted by a mysterious alien force, a team-up (or other things that get debated often like deeper insights into predator culture and personality, seeing the homeworld, etc,) understandably isn't going to do much for you. But personally, I feel there are only so many "soldiers/cops/colonial marines fighting a predator" type storylines you can do before it gets stale and wider audiences lose interest, and there are ways to maintain the mystery, threat, and "alien-ness" of the predator while still exploring a little more than we've seen before and not keeping them strictly in the "monster" box.

The Old One

The Old One

No humanity, for a true "other" E.T.

Wysps

While I agree that they definitely don't belong in the human box, they don't belong in the monster box either.  That sort of implies that they're just aimless, destructive beings with no real goal or reasoning behind their actions (like other "monster movies").  They are intelligent life forms (both Aliens and Predators), the Predators especially with a high form of self awareness and complex civilization.  Yeah sure, if you see them as "monsters" that will limit their scope and arbitrarily self-confine them into a certain narrative.  Properly, they're "aliens" - they're allowed to operate as individuals, with their own codes, regardless of how well or not they match up to humans.  This opens them up to do more, rather than being confined to mindless hack and slash, which we've already been shown they are not through their hunting culture/independent decision-making/etc.  The possibility is already there.  If the franchise wants to go that direction, great!  They have a basis for it.  If they don't, that's cool too, cause they have a basis for it also.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Wysps on May 07, 2019, 11:39:45 AM
While I agree that they definitely don't belong in the human box, they don't belong in the monster box either.  That sort of implies that they're just aimless, destructive beings with no real goal or reasoning behind their actions (like other "monster movies").  They are intelligent life forms (both Aliens and Predators), the Predators especially with a high form of self awareness and complex civilization.  Yeah sure, if you see them as "monsters" that will limit their scope and arbitrarily self-confine them into a certain narrative.  Properly, they're "aliens" - they're allowed to operate as individuals, with their own codes, regardless of how well or not they match up to humans.  This opens them up to do more, rather than being confined to mindless hack and slash, which we've already been shown they are not through their hunting culture/independent decision-making/etc.  The possibility is already there.  If the franchise wants to go that direction, great!  They have a basis for it.  If they don't, that's cool too, cause they have a basis for it also.

Nicely said!  :)

Walter2104

One that doesn't involve Paul W.S. Anderson or the Strauss Brothers ;D

Huggs

What about one that features the Alien chickens from the Red script?

SM

QuoteI thought it worked well with Ahab and Galgo too, which is more of the direction that I'd like to see a team-up go if there was one in the future.  There was acknowledgement on both sides of the other's usefulness, with a minimum amount of "bonding" between the two (if it even was that).  No lengthy two-way conversations, no introspection on the part of the Predator - it was pretty straightforward and kept all of the character growth and self-examination on Galgo's side, while Ahab maintained his mystery.  It was well executed, IMO.

They could bond over their shared need to kill people for their own selfish purposes.  :)

Wysps

Isn't that kind of what was going on when they were comparing and contrasting their battle scars around the campfire?  :laugh: They can also contemplate the efficacy of their killing tools, harmoniously.

Kimarhi

To be fair to the original AvP comic, Machiko and Broken Tusk didn't exactly bond over long periods of expository dialogue either. 

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

AVP will never work on film, mark my words.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed