Sigourney Weaver wraps AVATAR 2 and now a real Ghostbusters 3 (2020) No ALIEN-5?

Started by AVP-CAPCOM, Dec 04, 2019, 06:48:11 AM

Author
Sigourney Weaver wraps AVATAR 2 and now a real Ghostbusters 3 (2020) No ALIEN-5? (Read 23,548 times)

AVP-CAPCOM

AVP-CAPCOM

Random News links from the past 3 days relating to Sigourney Weaver's recent acting schedule, suggesting her heart is not into ALIEN anymore.

AVATAR 2 finished filming the "live action" scenes (all 5 minutes of them) and is now in post-production so could take another year or two before we see that released.
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/avatar-2-marks-end-filming-194323950.html

Now there is a surprise trailer announcement (real this time) for a live action feature length Ghostbusters 3 (in 2020) called Ghostbusters- Afterlife.
Ahem I don't think we had any sequels to Ghostbusters 2 now did we?  ::)

Weaver reprises her role as New York cello musician Dana Barrett.

https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/new-ghostbusters-movie-confirms-title-and-upcoming-trailer-133108398.html

Granted I know a walk on part is not as demanding as running around sci-fi corridors with heavy guns, but this proves Weaver could've shoe-horned an ALIEN 5 sequel in her schedule.

It appears (going by Yahoo news) that James Cameron's recent attachment to lukewarm to box office flops (Battle Angel and TERMINATOR Dark Fate) have lead to studios suggesting an ambitious Avatar 3&4 being made is dependent on Avatar 2.
Also box office analysts also have stated Cameron's last two major movies Titanic (1997) and Avatar (2009) only made a buck on repeated viewings and extended marketing campaigns.Studios prefer record breaking returns from the off-set.

SM

Her schedule isn't the issue.

PsyKore

She'd do it if it came up. I just know it.

AVP-CAPCOM

AVP-CAPCOM

Quote from: PsyKore on Dec 04, 2019, 08:17:38 AM
She'd do it if it came up. I just know it.

Three things.

1. Alien Covenant. Although the final product was good, I wanted ALIEN 5 more. We won't get an opportunity for Director, script and available leading lady aligned ever again. Even Hollywood is creeping towards throwing shade at James Cameron and redacting its blank cheque/check policy.

2. Weaver voted with her feet and committed to avatar. Maybe the alien 5 delay she got cold feet

3. Who can forget THE PREDATOR fiasco where "time travelling ripley stand-in" was filmed and almost inserted as an alternative ending cementing another AVP film cross-over? Ironic the Directors of AVP-Requiem, dayjob visual effects creators, rendered the "cgi iron man predator suit" in a mere 2 weeks saved us from that?

Kane's other son

Alien 5 was terminated by Dark Fate.

SiL

Quote from: AVP-CAPCOM on Dec 04, 2019, 10:43:48 AM
Even Hollywood is creeping towards throwing shade at James Cameron and redacting its blank cheque/check policy.
Cameron's never had that. Each time he makes one of the most successful films ever, he has to struggle uphill both ways to get the next one done.

Quote2. Weaver voted with her feet and committed to avatar. Maybe the alien 5 delay she got cold feet
She literally never had to choose between the two, so what are you on about?

AVP-CAPCOM

AVP-CAPCOM

Sil Weaver is often (mis)quoted as not taking on any major movie picture since filming Chappie in 2014.

ALIEN 5 was on schedule to be filmed with that tweet of a (then) newly designed M41 Pulse rife in 2015

Since 20th Century Fox pulled the movie Weaver stated she was "busy with AVATAR" when eyes turned when it was interpreted that Scott had dropped the ball with Covenant.

As for James Cameron getting funding for Titanic it sounded like a duck to water cause he got two studios to co-fund $200 Million which is the equivalent to $350 Million in today's money and the 3rd most expensive movie of all-time (adjusted for inflation).

Quote from: Kane's other son on Dec 04, 2019, 11:50:51 AM
Alien 5 was terminated by Dark Fate.

And Battle Angel which Cameron had a hand in, until it bombed and he threw Robert Rodriguez under a bus for it, like he did for Tim Miller.

The studios must be thinking "fool me once, shame on you. Fool us twice shame on us".

I would say Avatar 2 will be Cameron's last chance to prove box office bombs are the work of Directorial errors. But anyone holding their breath for Avatar 2- release date confirmed December 2021? His last movie was December 2009.

Kane's other son

Alien 5 was not greenlit. Blomkamp had some props made, much like he did for the aborted Halo movie.

Voodoo Magic

Who can forget THE PREDATOR fiasco where "time travelling ripley stand-in" was filmed and almost inserted as an alternative ending cementing another AVP film cross-over?

#NEVERFORGET

;D

AVP-CAPCOM

Quote from: Kane's other son on Dec 04, 2019, 01:41:43 PM
Alien 5 was not greenlit. Blomkamp had some props made, much like he did for the aborted Halo movie.

Some sources said it was with a then "Prometheus 2" (aka Covenant) also being made back to back.

https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/alien-5/34187/alien-5-neill-blomkamp-sequel-officially-greenlit

I recall blomkamp being told to "not step on the toes of continuity" when his film was due to start shooting and even works elements of the Prometheus canon into it.

SM

As SiL said, Weaver was never required to make a choice between Avatar and an Alien sequel because they never got to a point of signing anyone on to an Alien sequel.  It got canned because Fox didn't want to proceed with what Blomkamp was planning.

Alien Primordial Origin

Alien Primordial Origin

I think Alien 5 can still happen. Without Ripley and Hicks.
All they need to do is

- Ignore the event of Alien 3 (and Alien Resurrection)
- Cast a new actress (age between 25-35 years old) to play adult version of Newt.
- Newt is the main character, and the future of the franchise.
- Ripley and Hick are not feature in the movie. But both of them are still alive.
- The reason why Ripley and Hick are not feature in the movie. Because they live seperately.

And If they want to tell the the story prior to the event of the movie, when Ripley, Hick and Newt are still living together. All they need to do is made it into comic, video game or CGI TV series, animated series. etc

Brilliant!

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Alien Primordial Origin on Dec 13, 2019, 04:35:46 AM
I think Alien 5 can still happen. Without Ripley and Hicks.
All they need to do is

- Ignore the event of Alien 3 (and Alien Resurrection)
- Cast a new actress (age between 25-35 years old) to play adult version of Newt.
- Newt is the main character, and the future of the franchise.
- Ripley and Hick are not feature in the movie. But both of them are still alive.
- The reason why Ripley and Hick are not feature in the movie. Because they live seperately.

And If they want to tell the the story prior to the event of the movie, when Ripley, Hick and Newt are still living together. All they need to do is made it into comic, video game or CGI TV series, animated series. etc

Brilliant!

Did you just call your own post brilliant?

I have to remember to do that! ;D

Kradan

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 04, 2019, 01:48:41 PM
Who can forget THE PREDATOR fiasco where "time travelling ripley stand-in" was filmed and almost inserted as an alternative ending cementing another AVP film cross-over?

#NEVERFORGET

;D

I still sure that everybody deeply in their souls want to see these scenes just for the insanity of it.

Samhain13

Quote from: Kradan on Dec 13, 2019, 04:15:15 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 04, 2019, 01:48:41 PM

#NEVERFORGET

;D

I still sure that everybody deeply in their souls want to see these scenes just for the insanity of it.

Maybe if they were from a parody YouTube video. The movie was already painful enough on the big screen.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed