Predator Blu-Ray Comparison

Started by Darkness, Jun 24, 2010, 06:40:02 PM

Author
Predator Blu-Ray Comparison (Read 10,422 times)

Daunty

Daunty

@Gareth and JaredK21: Euhm, I'm not a hater. I hoped for this to be good, but various reviews have said what I said. It looks like crap and it shouldn't look so crisp. I'm really afraid that this is going to happen more and more if you guys keep screaming to get the grain out of the picture. Predator is meant to have grain. I'm not gonna try to convince you guys anymore, because highly trustworthy sites give the image a bad score.

Example: http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Predator-Blu-ray/11375/#Review

At least they know what they are talking about...

@Predator Warloard: I'm sorry but you are an idiot. Fox DNR'ed the living crap out of the image and the DNR screwed up because of his shirt. While removing the grain and dirt that plagues the image it mistakingly took his face as part of the red shirt and removed any detail his face had. Don't try to convince anybody that it's because of the tropical heat...

KaizerDan

KaizerDan

All I can add is... Shut up and watch the movie for yourself. Reviews are to be taken with a grain of salt anywho... After buying and watching it today I was really pleased. That ONE scene with dillin and the red shirt... oh dear... it sucks, move on. The rest of the movie looks great, crisp clear jungle/blood/guts. Thanks to Stan Winston going all out on the Predator outfit, youd think that it was made with HD in mind. Doesnt look any less real.

Does it throw off the old horror gritty feel? Yes. to some degree, but those of you that want to keep that, practice your free will and not buy it in blue ray?

screw the 8 track. Stick to vinyl. rabble rabble, dismissed.

KaizerDan

KaizerDan

Might be worth adding, I watched it on a 1080P DLP. I tend to like the looks of DLP over LCD/LED. Watching this movie on an LED will for sure make the predator pop out brighter and odder, but thats what all the color saturation settings and stuff are for?

Daunty

Daunty

LOL, yeah you make really great statement... To each his own. And fyi I watched the movie at a friends place. Even before the reviews where up. So don't act like you know me or anything xD And I will own it on BR. Gonna buy the old copy this weekend.  ;D

This proves these people are ******* retards and they need to get a TV that their parent's did not give them. This movie is ruined until the inevitable triple dip. You people make me sick. You prefer this. You are dumb and should be shot. Seriously, people as daft as that should be shot. This is film. FILM!

Mikass007

Mikass007

Anonymous, whine much?  ::)

Ravin Ravin

Ravin Ravin

Couldn't one of you cryin' anons get a shot of the Pred unmasked, before and after? That to me, is what will determine if I buy this thing. (Plus the equipment to play it. T_T) Who gives a damn about Arnold? You go to monster movies FOR THE MONSTER!
Guh, this is like Predator fans bitching about the lack of human character development. Get it right people. If you care more about the humans, you're an OOMAN fan.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed