Blomkamp says NO to Shared Alien-Predator universe!

Started by RakaiThwei, Mar 06, 2015, 04:32:31 AM

Author
Blomkamp says NO to Shared Alien-Predator universe! (Read 7,473 times)

Lonely Universe

A good way to keep the AvP series is to not do them live action. Do AvP3 fully animated & you won't put off anyone.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: EarthAngel on Mar 06, 2015, 06:57:36 AM
Do AvP3 fully animated & you won't put off anyone.

I would love to see an AvP3 animated feature.. Something traditional. None of that CGI Animation stuff.

Traditional 2D animation. Wasn't Fox's last 2D animation Titan AE?

Lonely Universe

Yeah I would totally love a traditional animation AvP. CGI is so bland & lifeless & done. I wish we could get an animatedTV series really.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: EarthAngel on Mar 06, 2015, 07:08:34 AM
I wish we could get an animatedTV series really.

We almost got one with Operation: ALIENS. There are even animation cels of it somewhere out there.

whiterabbit

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Mar 06, 2015, 06:52:45 AM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Mar 06, 2015, 06:44:56 AM
I want the AVP3 movie that was supposed to have happened after the end of AVPr. :P

You mean the one where the Predators find the Xenomorph homeworld and fight this winged Alien King? Ha ha ha ha ha! Nah, I wouldn't want to see that. I wouldn't mind a film adaptation of Rebellion's AvP2010 though but.. I think that game is as far as a sequel to the AvP movie we're gonna get. In some way.. that game seemed like a good way to end that franchise, even if open ended.
Oh god no, was that what was supposed to have happened? Honestly I did not pay much attention to the AVP universe back then. :P

Born Of Cold Light

An AVP cartoon could definitely work.  As for a movie, they should do one alien and one predator, with the alien the traditional Giger design and the predator with the weapons from the first movie.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: whiterabbit on Mar 06, 2015, 07:17:54 AM
Oh god no, was that what was supposed to have happened? Honestly I did not pay much attention to the AVP universe back then. :P

That was one of the ideas which the Strause Brothers had. Ask Darkness about it, he'll tell you the gruesome details!

Quote from: Born Of Cold Light on Mar 06, 2015, 07:19:06 AM
An AVP cartoon could definitely work.  As for a movie, they should do one alien and one predator, with the alien the traditional Giger design and the predator with the weapons from the first movie.

With Blomkamp saying that his movie is not going for a shared universe, and assuming that Ridley feels the same way.. I don't think we're getting a shared universe outside of the old AvP continuity and the expanded universe.. As far as films go, I would love to see an animated feature. But is animation more costly than say... live action? I wouldn't think so but I could be wrong.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Mar 06, 2015, 07:01:59 AM
I would love to see an AvP3 animated feature.. Something traditional. None of that CGI Animation stuff.

There's some truly gorgeous CGI films out there. I could easily get on with that.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 06, 2015, 08:29:37 AM
There's some truly gorgeous CGI films out there. I could easily get on with that.

I am a sucker for 2D animation. That's just what I prefer. Now, there have been some good CGI films out there.. Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children comes to mind. In fact, that's the only one I know. I know that there was a Starship Troopers movie as well but I can't remember the life of me who did that movie and what animation studio.

The Cruentus

An AVP universe is not a bad thing if done right, it could be great in fact! I would love to see an AVP film done right and despite what some fans say, there is nothing wrong with there being three separate universes, as opposed to an all encompassing one which can be messed up due to continuity errors.

Its a simple idea really and can be done quite fine, A pure Alien one with no Predators in existence, A pure Predator one with no Aliens in existence (skull was just an easter egg not a reference) and an AVP universe were the plots of both film franchises happened in the same universe and can feature both species and should hopefully open the way to a new AVP film with the previous AVP films being non-canon  :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Mar 06, 2015, 08:31:35 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 06, 2015, 08:29:37 AM

I am a sucker for 2D animation. That's just what I prefer. Now, there have been some good CGI films out there.. Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children comes to mind. In fact, that's the only one I know. I know that there was a Starship Troopers movie as well but I can't remember the life of me who did that movie and what animation studio.

I've wanted a CG one since I first saw the trailer/intro for AvP Extinction. The above films are perfect examples of gorgeous looking CG films.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNtxS_Rdq_0

Adam802

Thank god!  This movie seems better and better

OpenMaw

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 06, 2015, 12:58:05 PM
I've wanted a CG one since I first saw the trailer/intro for AvP Extinction. The above films are perfect examples of gorgeous looking CG films.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNtxS_Rdq_0

A curiosity about Extinction that i've always wondered... It seemed to share the same artstyle as AVP2. A lot of those models look like they are higher poly versions of the AVP2 models. At the very least, they must be borrowing/using AVP2 textures. You can see it in the marines, and really see it in the predator designs.

xeno-kaname

Every time Blomkamp says something dubious, he comes back and says something to appease those doubts.

Scree

Scree

Not buying this at all. I like Blomkamp a lot but it's not up to him to decide if there's gonna be another AVP movie. He's just expressing his opinion and nothing else.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed