Olivia Munn In Talks To Join The Predator Cast!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 03, 2016, 06:14:22 PM

Author
Olivia Munn In Talks To Join The Predator Cast! (Read 31,248 times)

Master

Predators didn't have latina girl. Olivia Munn isn't latina either  ::)

skhellter

Alice Braga is brazillian.
And she was in Predators.

She just wasnt playing a "latina" in it.

Shinobi Wan Kenobi

Quote from: Capfan85 on Jan 15, 2017, 06:10:53 AM
Does anyone else think that she could be Ms. Yutani.  She kind has the look because she is asian.

She's half Asian, which kinda makes her look more Latina than a fully Asian girl.

Master

Is it me or that dose make one shitty tradition.

HuDaFuK

To be fair, having a Latina girl in Predator 2 made complete sense - L.A. has a massive Latino population.

Master

As well as in Val Verde/Central America. But saying that Mexican girl playing Jew is a latino tradition of Predator franchise, is a stretch in my book.

skhellter

Brazil aint Mexico.

:-*

Scorpio

Scorpio

Quote from: skhellter on Jan 15, 2017, 12:56:31 PM
Alice Braga is brazillian.
And she was in Predators.

She just wasnt playing a "latina" in it.

I didn't say they were playing latina characters.  They just have that look like they are from Latin America.  I'm not saying they all look like that.  I've met people from South America and they have all colours/creeds.  Now you could say 'stereotype', but they made the casting decision, it's not like it's random or anything.

Quote from: Master on Jan 15, 2017, 06:08:18 PM
Is it me or that dose make one shitty tradition.

Why is that?

Stealth_Hunter

I always thought of them as appropriate castings not a couple of gimmicks.

Master

Quote from: skhellter on Jan 15, 2017, 11:05:23 PM
Brazil aint Mexico.

:-*

Fully aware of that.  :-*

@Scorpio

Because it was coincidence and saying new Asian actress will add to this latin coincide  (where one of former actress was actually playing Jew) smells fishy for me.

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

Stealth_Hunter

Quote from: Ragonk_Force on Feb 06, 2017, 07:29:42 PM
Quote from: DaddyYautja on Nov 03, 2016, 07:19:01 PM
kill her first, please.
This

Well she's playing a scientist, so not sure a Predator is going to be excited to take her skull as a trophy.

Go Dallas btw  ;) haha

Corporal Hicks

http://www.mensfitness.com/life/entertainment/olivia-munn-training-battle-predator-her-amazing-unseen-x-men-fight-scene-workout?platform=hootsuite

QuoteBut just because her character does work in a lab, it doesn't mean Munn won't get in on the action, too. Munn wouldn't get into spoiler territory, but revealed that she'll get to battle with the Predator.

"Between us—wink-wink—it was awesome," Munn told Men's Fitness. "I'll say this, my character knows how to use a weapon. You always see in movies that the guys just automatically know how to use it and the girls, they have to kind of fumble through it. I didn't want her to be a soldier, but there's no reason why she wouldn't know how. Shane and I were on the same page about that immediately."

Munn had high praise for her castmates and the vision that Black, who appeared in the original Predator alongside Arnold Schwarzenegger, had for the film: "I think this Predator is really cool because it's a standalone," Munn said. "It's within the world of Predator but the movie is not a continuation of another one. It has its own ensemble with some amazing actors."

Whos_Nick

wait what

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed