Disney & Fox Confirm Alien Series Remains In Development Under New Ownership!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 03, 2019, 11:27:02 PM

Author
Disney & Fox Confirm Alien Series Remains In Development Under New Ownership! (Read 80,049 times)

The Old One

The Old One

A L I E N: CARPATHIA (The Carpathian mountains, Dracula's residence aka David,
and the film's vessel title- paralleling the "Titanic's saviour.")

Spoiler
A Danny Boyle/Alex Garland/Ari Aster/ Robert Eggers created, (Ridley Scott produced) 2-hour-epic final prequel revealing David's incorrect- the Alien's a Lovecraftian creation of the Space Jockey (The Engineers inherited SJ tech) and it leads to David's downfall.
[close]

Evanus

On one hand I like the Alien being created by the Space Jockey instead of David, on the other hand it kinda goes against what Covenant tried to establish. But then again it could be a really interesting development for David's character, which I like.. It all depends on how it's handled.

I remember Ridley implying the Alien would sort of evolve on its own without David, so maybe they'll just stick to that.

SuperiorIronman

I've definitely warmed up to the Deacon so even if the Alien is a creation by David, there is still a lot worth exploring of the early variation of the Deacon. We can get a lot out of that especially seeing as Prometheus already established a precedent for them having accidents which releases the goo. That even lends itself to fascinating stories among the Engineers own people with them accidentally consuming the substance and potentially resulting in more Deacons. We know the goo is meant for war and so what that means to a race who seems more artistically inclined is interesting storytelling avenues.

The Alien life-cycle the more I think about it is just unwieldy Post-Alien 3 so I'd be all for starting largely fresh with the Engineers trying to wrangle their own creations and the lore that develops around that than watch more people run from a drone.

The Old One

The Old One

No... The Deacon design's awful- a Neomorph variant aberration, and the Engineers?
Depthless space human ancestors, Last and First Men shit space opera.

The Alien lifecycle's perfect as is.
And horrific as ever, as Isolation, The Cold Forge and the Tongal Films prove.

Neomorphs are the imperfect version of the Alien, the Alien is the perfect version.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: The Old One on Apr 04, 2019, 08:47:35 PM
No... The Deacon design's awful- a Neomorph variant aberration, and the Engineers?
Depthless space human ancestors, Last and First Men shit space opera.

The Alien lifecycle's perfect as is.
And horrific as ever, as Isolation, The Cold Forge and the Tongal Films prove.

Neomorphs are the imperfect version of the Alien, the Alien is the perfect version.

I'd go for neomorphs in deacon metallic blue colours tbh

The Old One

The Old One

Translucent pigmentless version's the best. No I love the Neomorph as is, No alteration.

Elicitation of H.R Giger's art, but biomechanics absent.

[cancerblack]

Endless variation for me. They're not finished yet, there'll be ones with errors or recessive stuff which is fine.

LV-12986

I just want to see a film with xeno's, colonial marines, pulse rifles, smartguns, flamethrowers, sulaco shape ships, dropships, apcs and I would like to see it soon!!

The Old One

The Old One

Nostalgia festival? Beyond my comprehension tbh.

The first four things, Alien, Military, Pulse Rifle, Smart-Gun, I understand.

A Conestoga vessel(s)? No original design(s)? C'mon.
New military hardware and old military hardware please.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: bobcunk on Apr 04, 2019, 04:16:05 PM
I dont like the idea of retconning alien 3, it makes sense in the Terminator since it deals with time travel and already has multiple timelines. I think they should start doing separate stand alone Alien movies after they finish the David story.

The Aliens universe already has multiple timelines.  Ever see those AVP films?

Retcon it.

Quote from: The Old One on Apr 04, 2019, 10:22:00 PM

ALL OF THIS is an exercise in nostalgia.  If it wasn't for our collectively preconceived notions about the Aliens series we wouldn't be here.  You cannot escape nostalgia when you're playing in the sandbox that someone already established.  If you want originality, create completely new sci-fi that does not lean on an existing series.  Otherwise, come to grips with the fact that you're engaging in a nostalgia exercise and stop deluding yourself otherwise.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Starting "fresh" with Terminator and killing everything post-T2 Halloween-style makes sense. Everything after that second film, at least in my opinion, has been dire and utterly forgettable, with nothing of note to them to make me want to revisit them, or even remember that they exist. And for those out there that do care about them about about the continuity post-T2, it is a franchise that involves time travel so if you really wanted to you could chalk it up to being an alternate timeline.

With Alien... even the weaker films are at least conceptually interesting and are executed in such a way that they feel as though they actually have merit for existing, that they have something to say and contribute to the universe and, even more importantly, as films in their own right.

Nothing against Blomkamp, I do enjoy the guy's stuff for what it is, but his take on Alien is, at least in my humble opinion, not at all what the franchise needs. Let him do Robocop, which is much more in line with his grounded, hyperrealistic sci-fi visuals and tongue-in-cheek satire. And let Alien wrap up the story that it is currently telling, and then move forward into some new uncharted territory.

pasghetti

please let Ridley Scott finish his prequel trilogy. That's all I ask

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Apr 04, 2019, 11:22:30 PM
Quote from: The Old One on Apr 04, 2019, 10:22:00 PM

ALL OF THIS is an exercise in nostalgia.  If it wasn't for our collectively preconceived notions about the Alien series we wouldn't be here.  You cannot escape nostalgia when you're playing in the sandbox that someone already established.  If you want originality, create completely new sci-fi that does not lean on an existing series.  Otherwise, come to grips with the fact that you're engaging in a nostalgia exercise and stop deluding yourself otherwise.

Neither James Cameron or David Fincher just regurgitated what Ridley Scott did.
"Stop deluding yourself." Mature and revealing.
If nostalgia is all you want, go rewatch the old films.
I'd much rather new content creators expand the sandbox by playing with the basic concept,
the Alien itself is the only element that need not be f**ked with, just like Mad Max in Mad Max, everything else is up for change.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 05, 2019, 12:28:08 AM
Starting "fresh" with Terminator and killing everything post-T2 Halloween-style makes sense. Everything after that second film, at least in my opinion, has been dire and utterly forgettable, with nothing of note to them to make me want to revisit them, or even remember that they exist. And for those out there that do care about them about about the continuity post-T2, it is a franchise that involves time travel so if you really wanted to you could chalk it up to being an alternate timeline.

With Alien... even the weaker films are at least conceptually interesting and are executed in such a way that they feel as though they actually have merit for existing, that they have something to say and contribute to the universe and, even more importantly, as films in their own right.

Nothing against  Neill Blomkamp, I do enjoy the guy's stuff for what it is, but his take on Alien is, at least in my humble opinion, not at all what the franchise needs. Let him do Robocop, which is much more in line with his grounded, hyperrealistic sci-fi visuals and tongue-in-cheek satire. And let Alien wrap up the story that it is currently telling, and then move forward into some new uncharted territory.
^
"The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth."

Perfect-Organism

It's not an insult to suggest that anyone who wants another film in the Aliens series is delusional in thinking that they're not engaging in nostalgia.  It's not intended that way, and it's not entirely aimed at you.  I am just calling it what it is.  All of us want an Aliens film in one form or another, and that arises from our past experiences.  Even if you make the most innovative Aliens film you can think of, it is still not an exercise in pure originality.  It is nostalgia.  I'm just honest about it.

U-96

Perfect-organism, I agree. Consciously or not, any entry in the franchise is compared to the gold standard of Alien (and possibly Aliens) because they were fenomenal AND we grew up with them.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed