Disney & Fox Confirm Alien Series Remains In Development Under New Ownership!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 03, 2019, 11:27:02 PM

Author
Disney & Fox Confirm Alien Series Remains In Development Under New Ownership! (Read 81,374 times)

[cancerblack]

Kane's other son

Great news! I was pretty much certain that Fox/Disney would not abandon Alien, since it's a constant source of income for the studio: The original movie has been a top title in rentals for 40 years and licensing is going strong.
I really do hope we get a conclusion to the prequel series.

HuDaFuK

Good to get official word on this, but I never assumed it was dead.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: The Old One on Apr 04, 2019, 09:10:25 AM
Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Apr 04, 2019, 09:02:39 AM
Quote from: The Old One on Apr 04, 2019, 08:59:56 AM
Quality > Popularity.

Disney.

Unpredictability.

For sure, i was more pointing out how ridiculous your post was in a business based on ticket and merch sales. I expect we'll see both absolute gems and total disasters under Disney. New boss, same as the old boss.

The Old One

The Old One

Yeah, I know.

The my optimism antonym  is... unpleasant though.

XENOMORPHOSIS

Alright then, Through the Disney Fox deal the franchises will continue. We may be getting Prometheus 3/Alien Covenant 2 ? The final Alien Prequel. Alien 5 continuing from Alien Resurrection "But considering its reputation it's unlikely". Alien 3½ by Neill Blomkamp, fans will either embrace it or reject it.  Another Alien movie with a new storyline a new characters. Or another attempt at Alien vs Predator. Fans will support what they want and ignore what they don't want

Still Collating...

Hell yeah! Wasn't expecting to hear anything so soon. Great news. Of course, that doesn't in anyway mean the next movie will be good at all...

I'm all for finishing David's trilogy. If nothing else, because we've gotten this far already. Just finish it off. No more cliffhangers. Get a great writer and someone who'll keep Ridley's wild ideas in check. Somebody who can tell him no. And you have the chance to finish off David in a satisfying way. Just please, a good writer, please... A lower budget might force Scott to shoot things more creatively because I doubt he can pull of a War of the Worlds scenario well enough. Keep it creepy, dark, intimate and compelling.

A movie unrelated to the prequels would be awesome as well. Though honestly I mostly want a new TV series. That would be gold. A chance at that might be what's needed for the franchise. But I won't object to a new movie if it's done well.

And yeah, predator might have to take it slow for a bit. Too bad, I don't think new movies, especially the other media should be affected because of a bad movie, but it will bounce back. There's so much potential within predator lore.

Drukathi

Quote from: Still Collating... on Apr 04, 2019, 10:49:14 AM
But I won't object to a new movie if it's done well.

Yep, this is a main thing. So, I want to see Blomkamp's Alien. This film can restore Alien Universe.

Kane's other son

Sorry but Blomkamp can't tell a coherent story if his life depended on it. Since Chappie he directed half a dozen short films and the only one which was not a story-free trailer was the one with the body parts monster -which was cool but featured a cliche narrative.

The Old One

The Old One

^ Correct.

0321recon

Quote from: Kane's other son on Apr 04, 2019, 12:11:07 PM
Sorry but Blomkamp can't tell a coherent story if his life depended on it. Since Chappie he directed half a dozen short films and the only one which was not a story-free trailer was the one with the body parts monster -which was cool but featured a cliche narrative.

I agree. District 9 was his only film that had a tight narrative. Elysium and Chappie suffered from horrible story choices and questionable editing that in my point derailed both films since the concepts were great, though execution was subpar.

U-96

This is good news indeed. For me, they can take whatever decision (Alien 5, Covenant 2, something different) but please- can we get good execution?! I dream of another entry into the franchise on par with Alien and Aliens.

Voodoo Magic

I think if the new Terminator is a success, Disnox will listen to James Cameron in regards to an Alien 3 retcon. And even if it's not a success they still might. He is currently on their payroll and Jim will be Avataring it up with them for a long time.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed