H.R. Giger and H.P. Lovecraft: From Alien to the Abyss

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 30, 2023, 06:03:45 PM

Author
H.R. Giger and H.P. Lovecraft: From Alien to the Abyss (Read 903 times)

Corporal Hicks

https://www.amazon.co.uk/H-R-Giger-H-P-Lovecraft-Adventures-ebook/dp/B088DF56TF/

QuoteCare to Exhume the Corpses of H.R. Giger and H.P. Lovecraft?

Want to commune with the dead without any Criminal Necromancy? Or the hassle of a pitchfork and torches crowd? Unearth the Hidden Secrets of the Two Men who Shaped Our Collective Nightmares in:

H.R. Giger and H.P. Lovecraft: From Alien to the Abyss:
Alchemist Adventures in the Void.

In Alien to the Abyss, you'll learn:

Was H.R. Giger the reincarnation of Lovecraft's Richard Upton Pickman?
    Discover ten enigmas about Lovecraft's dreamlife.
    Learn what Clive Barker said about H.R. Giger.
    Investigate ten ways Giger taps our primitive fears.
    Uncover which elements of dynastic Egypt inspired Giger
    Find out whether truth is a proposition or a phenomenon?
    Explore the pitfalls of a psychological autopsy.

What are you waiting for?

Fight past the fear that your sanity, already teetering on the brink of madness, will topple over into unknown avenues of mortifying horror. Quit waiting for the stars to come aright; get your copy now! There is a séance in every sentence.

skhellter

"Was H.R. Giger the reincarnation of Lovecraft's Richard Upton Pickman?"

:laugh:

Pass.

SiL

This sounds like a really tacky approach to what could be an interesting cultural examination.

[cancerblack]

Agree with the above. I was intrigued by the premise, but laughing by the end of the synopsis. It sounds like what I'd have done if someone gave me the chance to do it at age 16.

But it might also have a good heart to it, it'll come down to the execution. If it's self aware but edgy on purpose it might actually be a bit of fun - although I don't have high hopes given that rundown.

Corporal Hicks

Yeaaahhh. I had the exact same reaction. I was like "oooohhhh...." then "oohhhhhh."

xShadowFoxX

I for one would not mind a novel that goes really crazy with those Lovecraftian elements. It's what Destroying Angels gave me but I would love to see it in a more Novel, horror-adventure type story.

Necronomicon II

Pass. This looks painfully amateur.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed