Recent posts

Aliens: Colonial Marines / Re: If gearbox was afforded mo...
Last post by gold - Today at 11:19:02 PM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Today at 05:48:24 PM
Quote from: gold on Today at 12:54:56 PMMost people hate this game because it's the bandwagon.

The TemplarGFx 6.2 mod makes it an entirely different game. The lighting, gameplay, AI, shadows, addition of explosive ammunition, etc. The game on PC looks better than modern games now.

The best part about the game is the script. But you'd have to be a real Aliens fan who was disappointed in 1993 to appreciate it.

Just hearing Hicks talk about Fiorina 161 and Ripley is just magic.

There will be people who are negative and do their best to stop people enjoying themselves with what they feel like, but these negative outlook people exist all over the place.

I'm just glad we got this awesome game, awesome script by Bradley Thompson and David Weddle that linked Aliens, ACMTM and the comics all together. It really was the perfect sequel to Aliens for everyone who was disappointed as a kid with A3.

What an absolutely abhorrent post.

I need to be clear, I don't hate the game, because I could see the writing on the wall well before it came out and adjusted my expectations accordingly. I do actually like some of the design work.

High praise for it seems absurd, but that's your opinion and you're entitled to it. But coupled with accusing people of lacking their own opinions and invoking the True Fan stuff, that's some bullshit, bro.

I don't care what you think. I can invoke "true fan" just as I like, because I said "true fan" of Aliens, not the Alien franchise. Everyone who saw A3 hated it in 1992 because of Hicks and Newt. I spoke to a great many of them in 1992. No one liked that movie (who had loved Aliens). To be clear, I can appreciate A3 (assembly cut) as a stand alone film, but NEVER as a sequel to Aliens. I'm of the Blomkamp opinion that it was a dream.

You obviously haven't tried A:CM on a pc with Templar 6.2. The (Syd Mead and Lorin Wood designed) concepts, graphics, shadowmaps, and lighting look better than Fireteam and I think the story is brilliant. The story is EXACTLY what I wanted since 1986 after having seen Aliens and being disappointed in 1992.

It's as if it was written in 1993, it played it safe by not deleting A3 (there are some people who like that film), yet bringing back Hicks. For all I care they could have gone completely WG and deleted A3 entirely. I (and a WHOLE BUNCH of people) hate A3. Including a certain Neil Blomkamp. I'm with him. Not Ridley: "oh an angry Earth robot created the xenomorph, here's another movie with yet another bunch of people getting eaten... sorry if you wanted lore and a good surprising mystery".

But they left it in to play nice with the canon. The ambiguous corpo black ops threads of the ACMTM is perfectly continued in Thompson and Weddle's script in A:CM.

I really don't care what you think, you can cry your eyes out all day long. Some people like A:CM Templar 6.2 and there is nothing you can say to get us to feel the hatred you feel.

No matter how "abhorrent" others people's opinions may be to you.

Aliens: Colonial Marines / Re: Fan Reviews
Last post by gold - Today at 11:11:48 PM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Today at 09:10:46 PM
Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Today at 09:04:30 PMWhat the f**k you mean by real fans?

People who hate Alien 3.

Yeah. I said "real fans" of Aliens. I didn't say "real fans" of the Alien franchise. Anyone who saw Aliens in the cinema and loved it, was disappointed in 1992. It's why things like the WG script was made into a comic book and the original Aliens actors came back to do the audiobook of the WG.
Do the villains have their own in-universe dramatic orchestra? something like the snobby hipster take on this ;D

Oh and the farm world reminds me of Dantoine but without the Jedi enclave or flying manta rays😅

Recreational Area / Re: Last Movie You Watched
Last post by Immortan Jonesy - Today at 11:02:04 PM
Watching Rebel Moon part²
Alien-Predator Literature / Re: Aliens vs Avengers
Last post by Local Trouble - Today at 10:56:28 PM
Quote from: SiL on Today at 10:33:34 PMPunisher vs Predator will be interesting when it inevitably rolls around.

Or Boba Fett vs. Predator if they ever decided to do a crossover with Star Wars.
Last post by xShadowFoxX - Today at 10:46:58 PM
Alien blood versus adamantium. Hmmmmm
Last post by SiL - Today at 10:38:06 PM
Aliens vs XMen if they go full Kenner would at least be ridiculous fun.
Last post by xShadowFoxX - Today at 10:35:07 PM
Quote from: SiL on Today at 10:33:34 PMPunisher vs Predator will be interesting when it inevitably rolls around.
THAT I'll read!
Last post by SiL - Today at 10:33:34 PM
Punisher vs Predator will be interesting when it inevitably rolls around.
General Film/TV Discussion / Re: Fallout
Last post by xShadowFoxX - Today at 10:33:05 PM
Best. Videogame. Adaptation. Ever.
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed