What is your LEAST favorite controversial Alien or Predator creature?

Started by Voodoo Magic, Oct 19, 2018, 08:52:40 PM

There has been some controversial Aliens and Predators introduced in their respective cinematic universes over the years.  Which, below all, is your LEAST FAVORITE?

Newborn (Alien Resurrection)
11 (26.8%)
Neomorph (Alien Covenant)
5 (12.2%)
Predalien (AvP Requiem)
13 (31.7%)
Super Predator (Predators)
3 (7.3%)
Upgrade Predator (The Predator)
9 (22%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author
What is your LEAST favorite controversial Alien or Predator creature? (Read 5,888 times)

The Old One

The Old One

Both the new superlative Alien universe and Alien depiction.
Ellen Ripley's closure. IMO.
One final transmission.
For us & Amanda Ripley.

Experience Alien Isolation. Play it.

The Kurgan

Would be a tie between the predalien and the upgrade predator.

The predalien just looks wrong. The yellow color, the dreadlocks. I can accept the fleshy design of it, as the other AVP aliens all look more fleshy than biomechanic, so it's consistent. You can no doubt design a great version of the concept , but it's just so off in the movie. At least for me.

Newborn was alright. It fitted with the tone of Resurrection and it was supposed to be an abomination.

I liked the neomorphs in the prequels. They looked like an unfinished work in progress on the way to the real deal. Like tadpoles to a frog.

The super predators where ok i guess. I did not like them very much, but they where not offensive to me. Would have prefered if they toned the face of the berserker down a little bit. I din't like the "superior" predator angle, not sure if it was in the movie at all but it was in one of the scripts for sure. Just have them as a cousin race or a rouge faction.

The upgrade predator is horrible. Its looks like a predator crossed with a inbred ogre. If you really wanted an genetically upgraded predator,  give him better senses, make him faster, give him the ability to regenerate his body, better reflexes...anything but just turning it into an hulking brute.
It's like the first Iron Man movie when Tony Stark fought the bigger Iron Man suit in the end or the Hulk movie when Hulk fought the bigger Hulk in the end or... the list goes on endlessly. Im just not a fan of taking the old thing and just making it bigger. You have so much ways to make it more dangerous than the old thing. Just making it bigger is the laziest one. Also not a fan of the implanted armor, weapons and vision mode contact lenses of the upgrade. The nanotech stuff is just too much Iron Man/Marvel/comic book for my taste.

Oh btw not really a creature in the truest sense of the word, but the worst of all is the predator killer in the current predator movie.

The Old One

The Old One

The PredAlien's trash, so- correct.

Frosty Venom

Worst to Best:

Upgrade Predator
Predalien
Newborn
Neomorph
Super Predator

The Old One

The Old One

In retrospect, the Neomorph ought to be absent from the list.
The Deacon deserves the position.

Quote from: The Old One on Oct 22, 2018, 04:25:18 PM
:) Alien 2014/Alien 1979 > Predator (JH/CH)  > "Queen" > Alien 1992 > Protomorph/Neomorph >
Alien 1986 > "Predators" Hounds > Wolf Predator/Fugitive Predator >

:( Berserker Predator > Alien 1997/Newborn > "Deacon"/AVP 2004 Alien & Predator>
Upgrade Predator >  "AVPR" Alien > "The Predator" Hounds > "AVPR" PredAlien.

Patched.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Its hard to pick between the Newborn and the Upgrade. I hate the concept and the design of both. They were among the big issues I had with their movies.

I like the idea of the Predalien, they just complicated things with Chet.

Neos or any other goo things are just boring.

I liked the Berserkers, but the execution could have been better.

The Old One

The Old One

Whatever you say about the Newborn, it serves a specific purpose
and doesn't try to recontextualise the entire race.  :laugh:

The Kurgan

They should have used the upgrade as just some kind of berserker that gets thrown in to wreak havoc until it gets killed, not the next step in the evolution of the whole species.

Like the uruk berserkers in LotR. They serve their purpose in being killing machines, but are not a superior version of the basic creature.

The Old One

The Old One

Good idea!

A intentional Predator bomb,
a military Predator and a through and through killer.

SuperiorIronman

I'm forgiving to Upgrade, but I'm still not even sure what the neo-morph are.

Are they created by David? Are they results of the black goo releasing onto Paradise? Are they early attempts at Xenomorphs or is this a naturally occurring species? What the Hell even are these things? It also doesn't help that looking for answers in concept art is even more difficult because while they have design similarities to the Deacon these things at one point looked like bipedal Goblin sharks. I get what the Deacon is but the neo-morph should have more to be explained instead of me combing through the internet looking for speculations and director statements that can change on a whim.

Seriously though, somebody just put a translucent Xeno into something so we can have Ridley get it out of his system.

The Old One

The Old One

The Neomorph is the intended result of the Pathogen.

"The original liquid atomized to particles when exposed to the air."

"The pathogen was designed to affect all non-botanical life forms.
All the animals, the 'meat', if you will... either kill them outright
or use them as incubators to spawn a hybrid form, highly aggressive."

"From the eggs, came these parasites... shock troops
of the genetic assault.Waiting for a host, entering the host...
rewriting the DNA... and ultimately... producing,
these enviable unions."

Aka, a Neomorph.
All the answers are present, the film & David's Drawings.

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=61910.msg2379540#msg2379540

The Kurgan

As the neomorph depicted in Covenant is a human hybrid form, I guess ones born from animals or engineers would look different?

The Old One

The Old One

David's Laboratory displays variation, and the book.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: The Old One on Oct 26, 2018, 02:30:44 PM
Both the new superlative Alien universe and Alien depiction.
Ellen Ripley's closure. IMO.
One final transmission.
For us & Amanda Ripley.

Experience Alien Isolation. Play it.

Buy me a gaming rig. Got arthritic thumbs so no consoles.

The Old One

The Old One

No chance.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed