New Alec Gillis Interview

Started by Darkness, Jun 01, 2008, 09:48:41 PM

Author
New Alec Gillis Interview (Read 17,852 times)

Darkness

Darkness

There’s a new interview with ADI co-founder Alec Gillis over on Alien Experience. He talks about a lot of things, about AvP Requiem and the Alien series in general. In what direction, he’d like to see the franchises go and there’s an interesting question on the Space Jockeys:

I would love to create a living “Space Jockey” — and to see that design fleshed out and moving and performing would be fantastic… again, the only danger is… it’s not just about the visuals — it’s about the purpose and the story and it’s about the character itself. You mentioned “Boba Fett” — “Boba Fett” was cool in his first appearance — and after that, I lost interest in him. He became just another guy in a “Star Wars” outfit. I don’t think that his character brought much to the series — and he was just done kind of in an obligatory way… I wouldn’t want to see that. However, that particular design, and the mystery of purpose of the “Space Jockey” would really be a great challenge to explore — both from a writing standpoint and a visual effects standpoint.

Would be interesting to see Space Jockeys but a story like that could do more damage than good to Alien. Thanks to Pvt. Hicks for the news.

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

The Jockeys aren't meant to be touched.  Leave them alone plz.

Craig

Craig

Oh great. Living space jockeys and dinosaur aliens. They said it wouldn't get worse after AVP but these ideas are just depressing.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Dinosaur Aliens? Wtf?

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Space Jockey VERSUS predator so? Are people in fox are so retarded to understand this is "ALIEN" and not "SPACE JOCKEY" story? And why Greg & Colin strause want really destroy avp franchise... they are crazy with their idea of dinosaure alien as Ravager.

Krogo

Krogo

Wait a sec... Boba Fett brought a lot to the franchise!  But other than that, I believe it would be interesting to see more of the Space Jockeys, but they would really need to take time to get a good background for them, or else it would seem stupid.

Hickson

Hickson

God Help US. Where u are when we need you. TO FOX and The  SS Brothers:  1: Don't do anything to SPACE JOCKEYS without and f***n good background story, or you gonna suck the franchise down. This is the fillar of the entire ALIEN mystery. 2: If you are so that intrested in AvP 3, do it with good directors, like Cameron, because, the serie (AvP) is more action then horror or thriller movie. And he knows how to do this kind of film.

Clark

Clark

I always figured the Space Jockey was a Predator/Predator Variant - you know, kind of like the different species here on Earth being similar, but also cosmetically different.  Saying that, I'd rather not see them on-screen any time soon (...alive, that is. I wouldn't be against seeing another fossil).  Can't ADI just make an animatronic Ridley Scott & James Cameron to finish the series off with some pride... and dare I say, sophistication?

Gort Pred

Gort Pred

OK i see what he's saying about Boba. I wish Lucas was not a stupid prick and gave Boba a bigger part. I love Jango and Boba. Then kills Jango off by that damn black jedi and Boba is ignored in episode 3 all together..wow this was my problom with revenge of the sith.   Anyway, I get where everyone is getting from for Ravager. I mean what on earth could creat that?? I can see a dinosaure making that.   I'm shocked no one wants to see that Space Jocky. Not everyone has read the book where we learn the Space Jocky made the aliens. (thats why there should be no planet, just Space Jocky planet)  But really, no one wants to see the Space Jocky??

Gort Pred

Gort Pred

Allic is right. If anyone read his intereview on A.E.  He is right about the fans that whine.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

no hes not.  hes just being a little bitch because he wasn't involved with the greatest movies of each franchise.

AvPvTerminator

AvPvTerminator

Interesting interview.  "Saying that, I'd rather not see them on-screen any time soon (...alive, that is. I wouldn't be against seeing another fossil). "  Agreed

griker

griker

The Jockeys aren't meant to be touched.   Leave them alone plz.   there an unkown race leave it at that plz

gameoverman

gameoverman

I can just imagine an ADI Space Jockey - a rubbery-looking, fleshy white turd played by Tom Woodruff on stilts!    :D    No, ADI have done great work but I don't want to see them go anywhere near the Jockey.  Leave it to HR Giger or don't do it at all.

andy_07

andy_07

the space jockeys are meant to be a mystery.  i really think they should stay that way.  doing story's in the comics or the novels is fine, but they shouldn't put them in the movie

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed