Alien Prototype - Tim Waggoner

Started by felix, Mar 25, 2019, 05:09:09 AM

Author
Alien Prototype - Tim Waggoner (Read 34,888 times)

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 14, 2019, 10:21:42 AM
Spoiler
It says the Necromorph "creates" the egg, without explicitly stating how.
[close]
Yeah, he was very careful with the wording.

Corporal Hicks

I've just uploaded an early look of a text based Q&A I just got back from Tim for our subscribers.

The Old One

The Old One

Fairly sure Necromorph is Dead Space.

Corporal Hicks

It's a play on the
Spoiler
creature inherited a necrosis virus thingy.
[close]

Corporal Hicks

Russ840

Russ840

Hicks, have you had a review of this up yet that I have missed ?

Can not decide whether or not read this.

Corporal Hicks

I haven't finished writing it yet. Suffering from a little writers block myself.

The Old One

The Old One

I must know!

Corporal Hicks

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

Well written review Hicks!

The Cruentus

This was an enjoyable book, I really liked the threat posed by the Necromorph and some of the action was well written, there is some downsides though, at least for me personally.
I find the disease works way too fast than any disease should, mutated or otherwise, certain characters with potential are let down or end up making stupid decisions.
Spoiler
Tamar could have been a great complex character as it does seem she was going to be up until she pulls a burke and manages to get herself killed as well as someone else, all out of greed. Aleta is not giving much to do which is a shame as I was curious to see what such a apathetic corporate character would add to the story as she reminded me of Darcy from Musical spheres and Andrea Rollins. Another stupid thing is that despite testing potential fatal diseases on test subjects, Gagnon kept infected test subjects in a room with a large air vent... Also lesions or no lesions, the Necromorph should not have been able to withstand concentrated fire like that but ultimately I am happy with the way it is eventually dealt with, both tense during and satisfying afterwards.
[close]

Overall it is a great book and it should work as a good counter to isolation novel where the Aliens are killed fairly easily.

The Old One

The Old One

The name makes no sense, and the concept is pungent with "what if" but it's perfectly competent, enjoyable and mostly inoffensive. I'd add though that Ovomorphing now appears in Defiance, Resistance and Alien The RPG additionally.

The Cruentus

There is no eggmorphing in Prototype though, the egg is just found at the end with no explanation on how it was created besides that the Necromorph was responsible for it one way or the other.  I am surprised they got away with the name since its what the re-animated dead in Dead Space are called.

Corporal Hicks

It was 100% eggmorphing. It's pretty much said in the text, and clarified after the fact by the author.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed