Aliens: Colonial Marines Patch #2 Released [Updated]

Started by ikarop, Mar 07, 2013, 06:16:43 PM

Author
Aliens: Colonial Marines Patch #2 Released [Updated] (Read 34,114 times)

JokersWarPig

Quote from: RagingDragon on Mar 08, 2013, 05:01:48 PM
Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Mar 08, 2013, 04:45:32 PM
As much as I love Rip's Flamethrower, I have to say half the time I try to use the flame in close range when someone jumps at me, it literally stops working. It sputs out a small flame and I have to click the Left trigger a few times before I get a steady stream. But usually at that point, I die.

I have this problem when I'm firing the pulse rifle sometimes. I'll get hit by an Alien in melee, and my rifle just stops firing even though I'm holding the trigger down. This allows the Alien to just follow me and claw me to death. I never release and repress the trigger fast enough, but it only happens once in a great while.
Could that be because of the bludgeon attack? Thats the only time I've seen something like this happen

RagingDragon

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Mar 08, 2013, 06:26:40 PM
Could that be because of the bludgeon attack? Thats the only time I've seen something like this happen

Wow you're absolutely right, Jokers, it could be that. I haven't noticed? If that's what happens, they need to make a little arm animation where you wave your gun around or hold it up or something when stunned!

JokersWarPig

Quote from: RagingDragon on Mar 08, 2013, 06:38:41 PM
Quote from: JokersWarPig on Mar 08, 2013, 06:26:40 PM

Wow you're absolutely right, Jokers, it could be that. I haven't noticed? If that's what happens, they need to make a little arm animation where you wave your gun around or hold it up or something when stunned!

I dont believe I've been attacked by it, but I know when playing as an alien the marines character model does stumble backwards. I don't know why they would do something like AVP 2010 did when an enemy hits you with a heavy attack...slackin' gearbox

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: OpenMaw on Mar 07, 2013, 06:32:52 PM
I see no Alien AI improvements.

Yeah, and no animation fixes or texture enhancements either.

Quote from: ikarop on Mar 07, 2013, 07:02:32 PM
Quote from: Berserker Pred on Mar 07, 2013, 06:32:16 PM
Great, a loosely fitting dog collar.
For the Alien right? The file has been on the disc since release date.

It's this guy: http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/234/3/8/ajax_j_xenomorph_by_proppedupcreations-d5c0i3h.jpg https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BCoLlHwCQAA0efp.jpg
You gotta be shitting me... please tell me this is a joke.

Otherwise, Randy needs to be bitch slapped.

slaysaliens

I know its a game and it's all supposed to be about accuracy and creating the classic atmosphere.  But if this is Gearbox's way of giving a shout out to some one, then be mad at Gearbox if you disagree with how they give shout outs and say thanks. 
I've personally been to Dragon Con 5 times now and the guy who wears this Red Dog Collar and his WHOLE group is f**king awesome. 

I'm not a moderator, I'm not the guy in the suit, I'm not your parents - but why not stop making the personal attacks on the guy in the suit for his decision wear a Red Dog Collar.  It's not in the movie. wow.  James Cameron or Ridley Scott or goddamn Dan O'Bannon didn't have red dog collars on their other worldly monster.  I came to this thread to read personal experience gamers are having w/ the Aliens: Colonial Marines Patch #2 that underlined part there is the title of this thread.  Go make a thread titles Red Dog Collar Blows or something, can't we have this thread be a little more informative? 3 pages of bashing a collar. wow.

Aceburster

Quote from: slaysaliens on Mar 08, 2013, 07:49:34 PM
I know its a game and it's all supposed to be about accuracy and creating the classic atmosphere.  But if this is Gearbox's way of giving a shout out to some one, then be mad at Gearbox if you disagree with how they give shout outs and say thanks. 
I've personally been to Dragon Con 5 times now and the guy who wears this Red Dog Collar and his WHOLE group is f**king awesome. 

I'm not a moderator, I'm not the guy in the suit, I'm not your parents - but why not stop making the personal attacks on the guy in the suit for his decision wear a Red Dog Collar.  It's not in the movie. wow.  James Cameron or Ridley Scott or goddamn Dan O'Bannon didn't have red dog collars on their other worldly monster.  I came to this thread to read personal experience gamers are having w/ the Aliens: Colonial Marines Patch #2 that underlined part there is the title of this thread.  Go make a thread titles Red Dog Collar Blows or something, can't we have this thread be a little more informative? 3 pages of bashing a collar. wow.

Im sure the guy is cool, his group is probably cool too but the collar is stupid for being part of the game at all. The collar sucks and its not a personal attack by saying so, just another thing put in the game like the endless donuts that nobody wants to see.

The patch doesnt actually fix anything people have been complaining so what is there to say about it? The thing could say "Herobrine was removed from game" and it wouldnt mean squat as far as making the thing better. "General user interface improvements" Its been patched twice now... so you tell me what that does. Ripleys Flamethrower got a patched, how does that effect 99% of people who dont have it.

People are falling out of the map accidentally? Most cases ive seen for that are on purpose, hell all Ive done in the game since February 13th is try to find new ways to fall out of the map and explore the game through glitches.

No, instead theres a bunch of people who are hoping that the game itself will somehow suck less, and the only thing in the patch that applies to everyone is that they will have and see ...a dog collar from some cosplayer theyve never seen before or care about.

Maybe, just maybe... people are pissed about the dog collar.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

It's three pages of discussion on the patch including the piece of utterly retarded DLC.

Try and understand. There's a big damn difference between a cosplay and a game. Having aliens running around with dog collars around their neck is a freaking immersion breaker. It has NOTHING to do with the GUY who was actually doing it at cons and nobody has been addressing their remarks AT HIM. Everything is directed at Gearbox.

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: slaysaliens on Mar 08, 2013, 07:49:34 PM

If A:CM was, you know, actually good, the collar wouldn't be such an issue. It's everything else with it.

Randy and the rest of Gearbox constantly made a huge fuss about how A:CM is going to be such a high quality title (they even showed off impressive footage last year), what they're going to achieve, their commitment to "authenticity", blah, blah, blah. Problem is the game we actually got was utter garbage for completely underhanded reasons.

So yeah, there's an issue here and it stems from the bullshit we were fed from the beginning. The collar is ridiculously stupid and has no place in the game.

Either way, I have no problem with the cos-player.

chupacabras acheronsis

it's the same deal with the donuts and the jockey light show and all the so called easter eggs.

they had time for this?

PRJ_since1990

Unfortunately, it's yet another case where the trailer for the game was wayyy cooler and more interesting than the final product. Same thing happened with AvP2010 IMO. Are we just past the point of great games based on our favorite franchise monsters? Anyone else for petitioning FOX to rip the Aliens license from SEGA's hands? I can't see them contracting with ANY developers to pull them out of their shame from lackluster attempts to bring honor and respect to our favorite franchises in the form of well-made, polished video games.

JayHy17

no patch can fix this crap game

JokersWarPig

After thinking about it I've decided it's only fair if the marines get full S&M gear in response to the xeno's new collar

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: RagingDragon on Mar 07, 2013, 06:41:41 PM
With the amount of bugs in the game, I'm sure the list of potential fixes is staggering. At least they've patched something, and hopefully this means they'll keep up support until the end of the DLC run.

New Xeno appearance customization eh? Have to check it out. The multiplayer scoreboard hang was also devilishly awful, that's a good thing to fix right away.

Every time you hit back to check the scores, the game freezes for like 1-2 seconds. I've gotten killed a few times trying to check the scores. God do they need to work on the wall-walk and pounce freeze. I mean seriously.

Some damage tweaks are also in order. Pump shotguns can kill in 1 shot, and so can Spitter attacks somehow? I don't understand how this happens since I've never been able to kill someone with 1 shot from a Spitter...

ummm no.

They're legally bound to support the game until August. "at least they're doing something" is pretty much the MINIMUM level of support available.

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: Xhan on Mar 09, 2013, 06:10:00 AM
Quote from: RagingDragon on Mar 07, 2013, 06:41:41 PM
With the amount of bugs in the game, I'm sure the list of potential fixes is staggering. At least they've patched something, and hopefully this means they'll keep up support until the end of the DLC run.

New Xeno appearance customization eh? Have to check it out. The multiplayer scoreboard hang was also devilishly awful, that's a good thing to fix right away.

Every time you hit back to check the scores, the game freezes for like 1-2 seconds. I've gotten killed a few times trying to check the scores. God do they need to work on the wall-walk and pounce freeze. I mean seriously.

Some damage tweaks are also in order. Pump shotguns can kill in 1 shot, and so can Spitter attacks somehow? I don't understand how this happens since I've never been able to kill someone with 1 shot from a Spitter...

ummm no.

They're legally bound to support the game until August. "at least they're doing something" is pretty much the MINIMUM level of support available.

This patch is lipstick on a pig. I saw a couple glitches they DIDN'T fix in MP. I stopped playing already. I am hoping Bug Hunt is at least time passing fun. That way the purchase becomes a little more reasonable.

JokersWarPig

I got a "new" glitch today while playing escape. I could control my marine character but I was stuck in the pre-round camera view. So my marine could move and fire, but i couldn't see where I was going

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed