How would you rank the Predator movies after having seen Prey?

Started by predator88, Aug 05, 2022, 12:26:14 PM

Author
How would you rank the Predator movies after having seen Prey? (Read 10,818 times)

Dino21AvP

Predator

Predator 2 / Prey

Predators

AvP:R / AvP / The Predator

SisterJill

BlueMarsalis79

It and the AVPs are the only films I actively avoid revisiting.

Mike’s Monsters

Predator
P2 and Prey are tied, will be for a while. I might be able to say Prey inches over P2 from a filmmaking standpoint. But I need more time with it.
Predators
The Predator

SiL

P2 will always beat Prey for me for its style alone.

BigDaddyJohn

I agree. P2 isn't a badly directed film by any means.

Lionhart

P1
P2
Prey
Predators
The Predator

Rudiger

Rudiger

Predator (a true classic and peak Arnie)
Predators (I liked the idea and some characters were memorable)
Predator 2 (for Bill Paxton only)
The Predator (it has so many problems, but at least it tries something new)
Prey (nothing new and pretty boring)

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

I dislike rankings with a passion because it doesn't give me the option to like films equally...

Stitch

Stitch

Don't we already have a thread for this?

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

It's that fun time post-release of a new film where we get multiple threads at once because everyone doesn't check every board or topic. Happens every new release.

Kurai

Kurai

1. Predator.
It has a balance to it that just works.

2. Predator 2.
Cheesy 80s goodness with some iconic scenes and one-liners.

3. Predators/Prey
The two are tied at the moment.
Both of them have amazing concepts. Prey is directed better, but the odd bits are highlighted by the fact it takes itself dead serious. Predators has somewhat the opposite issue, where some of the corniness detracts from the amazing lore additions and action. I wish Predators had a higher budget and I wish Prey had maybe a year longer to cook before release.

4. The Predator.
It felt like it was made by someone who actively despised the franchise, which is tragic because I know that isn't so. I was so excited for it and got burned. There are some genuinely good parts to it, but they are few and far between. They needed a better writer. I just thank god they didn't go with the original script, which seemed more like a saturday morning cartoon designed to sell toys.

Huntsman

Quote from: SiL on Aug 07, 2022, 04:47:51 AMP2 will always beat Prey for me for its style alone.
Same. I think Prey and whatever follows next by this team, presuming they continue, will be the next best thing.

Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones

Predator
Predator 2
Prey
The Predator
Predators

I actually like all of the films, even The Predator, which is a movie that I think is fun and insane. Predators is my least favorite because it's just a rehash of the first movie but it's still at least pretty solid.

KiramidHead

Predator
Predator 2
Prey
Predators

AVP

The Predator

AVPR

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed