The Warhammer 40k Thread

Started by The Kurgan, Dec 09, 2018, 02:19:07 PM

Author
The Warhammer 40k Thread (Read 63,872 times)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

When are you going to buy them?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I'll paint up the ones I just bought and see if my interest increases or decreases.

I really like the two I'd already painted though, they're some of my favorite minis I've done.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Don't you need some Orks and Tyranids too?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Ehhh, not really interested in those.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

You should buy all the warhammers.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

If I must

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Almost done painting my Death Guard kill team, got one more color to paint on 2 guys, and finish the bases on them and they're all done and I'll have a 10-man team with a bunch of options for fielding 6 at a time.

They even saw their first game a couple weeks ago, turns out they are notoriously hard to kill. I liked that a lot, considering I'm still new to the game; it gave me a good cushion so my f**k-ups weren't terminal, game-ending f**k-ups.

DarthJoker45

DarthJoker45

QuoteHenry Cavill to Star in and Executive Produce 'Warhammer 40,000' Franchise for Amazon

By Jordan Moreau, Adam B. Vary

After losing DC's Superman and Netflix's "The Witcher," Henry Cavill is plunging right back into the world of genre entertainment, attaching himself to an adaptation of the popular tabletop game "Warhammer 40,000."

Cavill will star in and executive produce the franchise for Amazon Prime Video, which acquired the global rights to the IP from Games Workshop. The agreement includes the "Warhammer 40,000" rights across film, TV and more, making it the first major acquisition of its kind for Amazon Studios. Games Workshop will continue making the popular mini-figures for the tabletop game.

"'Warhammer 40,000' is set in the far future, where humanity stands at the edge of what might be its brightest future, or its darkest age. The threats to humankind's empire are many — traitors driven by the fires of ambition, alien empires sworn to reclaim the stars, and the corruption of reality by malevolent gods," the release says.

"I have loved 'Warhammer' since I was a boy, making this moment truly special for me. The opportunity to shepherd this cinematic universe from its inception is quite the honor and the responsibility," Cavill said in a statement.

Vertigo Entertainment's Roy Lee and Natalie Viscuso worked with Cavill to obtain the "Warhammer 40,000" IP before taking it to Amazon Studios. Vertigo will executive produce with Cavill and Games Workshop's Andy Smillie and Max Bottrill alongside Amazon Studios.

"'Warhammer 40,000′ has captured the imagination of fans of all ages, from all walks of life, and all over the world," said Jennifer Salke, head of Amazon and MGM Studios. "We are excited to work with Henry, Vertigo Entertainment, and Games Workshop across our Amazon entertainment businesses on this brilliant, immersive franchise for our global customers to experience for years to come."

Source: Variety

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 06, 2022, 04:25:44 AMAlmost done painting my Death Guard kill team, got one more color to paint on 2 guys, and finish the bases on them and they're all done and I'll have a 10-man team with a bunch of options for fielding 6 at a time.

Did you finish yet?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 22, 2022, 06:57:09 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 06, 2022, 04:25:44 AMAlmost done painting my Death Guard kill team, got one more color to paint on 2 guys, and finish the bases on them and they're all done and I'll have a 10-man team with a bunch of options for fielding 6 at a time.

Did you finish yet?
Not yet, gonna finish this weekend.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 22, 2022, 07:34:20 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 22, 2022, 06:57:09 PM

Did you finish yet?
Not yet, gonna finish this weekend.

What about pics?  Did you decorate your place for Sanguinala?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I'll be posting pics to my Instagram, I actually already posted pics of the other 8 that are finished.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Time to buy some more yet?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed