Predators
29 (3.5%)
The Predator
3 (0.4%)
Prey
2 (0.2%)

Total Members Voted: 756

Author
Favourite Predator Movie? (Read 308,698 times)

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Oh I have seen the first and the remake once, just had no intention of going near the sequels because the first ended so perfectly honestly, it feels like a one and done story.

Kradan

Kradan

Well, second one was directed by Irvin Kershner (that was the last movie he directed), also known for Empire Strikes Back, and Mike from RedLetterMedia said he liked it a lot, for whatever it's worth

SiL

SiL

The second is to the original what Jaws 2 is to Jaws. Not awful, just really "ok" with one or two good scenes.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Another one I have never seen the sequels for either.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: SiL on Aug 01, 2022, 10:39:38 AMThe second is to the original what Jaws 2 is to Jaws. Not awful, just really "ok" with one or two good scenes.

Haven't seen it myself so will have to take your word on it

SiL

SiL

It's worth it if you get the chance and have nothing else to watch.

That goes for both movies.

Master

Master

Quote from: SiL on Aug 01, 2022, 09:24:58 AMRobocop is what Predator 2 wishes it was.

They even ripped off the opening.

Predator 2 has the same sense of civilisation  at edge of collapse as Robocop, I'll give you that, but can't agree with rest. While first is great original movie, the second one expends it's lore in every aspect. The world building in P2 is thing of pure beauty and the cinematography of it is simple oustanding  (Predator walking through water, for King Willie... oh,my!). I love the movie, every scene of it.

SiL

SiL

Watch the opening of both movies. Helicopter shot over terrain, tilt up to city skyline, smash in the opening title and then a news segment to help set the scene.

The Hard Core vignettes feel like a riff on Robocop's various commercial and news breaks.

There's not much World building in the actual movie. Some shady government agency is after the Predator and the ship hints at so much more but most of the movie is a pretty straight 80s action sequel to an 80s action movie. All of its world building takes place in the last like 15 minutes.

I love it but it's a mess somehow less than the sum of its parts.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: SiL on Aug 01, 2022, 10:50:52 AMIt's worth it if you get the chance and have nothing else to watch.

That goes for both movies.

Seconded, Predator 2 has certainly made a come back and Jaws 2 is in that same "okay" lane.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

This set piece rules! though 8)

Spoiler
[close]

Similarly I like the AVP pyramid.

Kradan

Kradan

I doubt anybody will argue that

judge death

judge death

Quote from: Kradan on Aug 01, 2022, 09:24:43 AMYou guys and gals are lucky @Voodoo Magic isn't here to hear you
Where is he? I remember him throwing the flintlock pistol in gif form to me when I said I liked predator 2 and its a worthy sequel to the first movie and expanded the predators arsenal and doing new things. Did he leave or what happened?

Yes: Avoid Jaws 2, its pretty bland and never thrilling or scary, robocop 2 as well, avoid both I would say. PRedator 2 is great however.

Kradan

Kradan

Yes, Voodoo has left us ... for now. I guess he got tired of dealing with all these ADI apologists, you know, like me, for example. I doubt he's gone for good tho, I mean somebody's gotta lead all the complaining about new ADI Crabator, right?

Quote from: judge death on Aug 01, 2022, 09:25:32 PMYes: Avoid Jaws 2, its pretty bland and never thrilling or scary, robocop 2 as well, avoid both I would say. PRedator 2 is great however.

OK

SiL

SiL

He's moved his complaining to Instagram.

Master

Master

I enjoyed both Jaws 2 and Robocop 2.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed