Overrated, Overappreciated, Overrecognized

Started by OmegaZilla, Apr 04, 2010, 05:12:36 PM

Author
Overrated, Overappreciated, Overrecognized (Read 232,543 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Sort of an Antithesis of SpaceSweeper's Thread. ;D

So, as the topic title says, what do you find seriously overrated? Something that is very successful but in your opinion doesn't merit to be so, et cetera.

Discuss! :D

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Inb4 someone talks about Avatar

severen76

The Dark Knight. I felt that Batman Begins did everything better.

Keg

Grunge in general. Might sound like blasphemy to alot of people but I think Nirvana is one of the most over-rated bands in history. Sure they where talented but for me the end result was a bit crap.

Purebreedalien

The Call of Duty series, nothing special there.

First Blood

Quentin Tarantino

Keg

Quote from: First Blood on Apr 04, 2010, 10:19:01 PM
Quentin Tarantino

I would somewhat agree. He's very hit and miss, yet even his misses seem to get acclaimed. I loved Inglorious Basterds but i didnt care much for Death Proof and Kill Bill was massively overrated. I watched both Kill Bill movies once and ive never wanted to watch them again.
Dont know if you'd call it a kind of partnership (they have worked together alot throughout their careers) but I prefer Robert Rodriquez movies simply because he doesnt try too hard and they're unashamedly cheesy, over the top, daft, b-movie dialogue. Sometimes Tarantino tries to hard to achieve the same result. I feel RR does it without trying. Dusk Till Dawn, Desperado and Planet Terror are excellent examples. Just pure unapologetic madness, something Kill Bill tried to be, but felt too serious.

severen76

Quote from: First Blood on Apr 04, 2010, 10:19:01 PM
Quentin Tarantino

If it were the 90s I'd strongly disagree.

ShadowPred

FINAL FANTASY 7!!!!

All good reasons as to why it's everything the title of this thread says. I don't mean anything negative by this.

HALO on the other hand is overrated and everything, and it sucks ass.

First Blood

Quote from: ShadowPred on Apr 04, 2010, 10:46:37 PM

I never understood the appeal of that game. What is it, space marines? I don't get it.

Shasvre

The Dark Knight is really overrated, especially Heath Ledgers performance.

World of Warcraft seems to be overrated as well.

ShadowPred

Quote from: Shasvre on Apr 04, 2010, 10:54:28 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGz3uyCNZCM

First Blood

Quote from: Shasvre on Apr 04, 2010, 10:54:28 PM

:o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5C-cqw2s00

Keg

I dont think Ledgers performance was overrated at all. Infact as a result of the hype i think alot of people just want to think that. Now im not saying Shavsre is one of them because its your opinion and i respect that but i think theres alot of people who just say it for the sake of being controversial. While i agree somewhat with people who say Begins was better i think Begins is massively underrated compared to The Dark Knight.

Personally i think weve been lucky with the 3 main incarnations of the Joker onscreen. Nicholsons was perfect for Burtons Batman as was Ledger for Nolans. For me though Hamills joker takes the biscuit. He was excellent, and when i imagine the joker, his voice is the one to come into my head.

Purebreedalien

Quote from: First Blood on Apr 04, 2010, 10:48:20 PM
Quote from: ShadowPred on Apr 04, 2010, 10:46:37 PM

I never understood the appeal of that game. What is it, space marines? I don't get it.

You're a genetically enchanced supersoldier who goes by the name of Master Chief, you spend the course of the three games shooting up aliens called the Covenant and generally stopping some really bad shit.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed