Alien Prequel No Longer An Alien Film

Started by Mike’s Monsters, Jan 14, 2011, 11:14:35 PM

Author
Alien Prequel No Longer An Alien Film (Read 116,661 times)

DoomRulz

Quote from: SM on Feb 15, 2011, 05:04:44 AM
My point was; she woulda got paid extra to have her head shaved, due to the potential loss of earnings while it grew back (because she may get knocked back for a part due to being bald).

I hear you. And in that case, I defer to my original opinion of that being bullocks because she didn't need the extra pay at that point in her career.

Valaquen

Quote from: SM on Feb 14, 2011, 05:15:08 AM
As for the rest of the argument - been there, done that with Valaquen, and found it to be a waste of effort.
... sorry?

SM

SM

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 15, 2011, 02:08:07 PM
Quote from: SM on Feb 15, 2011, 05:04:44 AM
My point was; she woulda got paid extra to have her head shaved, due to the potential loss of earnings while it grew back (because she may get knocked back for a part due to being bald).

I hear you. And in that case, I defer to my original opinion of that being bullocks because she didn't need the extra pay at that point in her career.

?

or

??

Either way, her needing or not needing extra pay is completely irrelevant.  She wanted more for shaving her head and obviously got it.

Vulhala

Im sure I've seen an interview where she discussed it? And I pretty much know for a fact it's quoted with sources in Alien Quartet?

Kimarhi

Quote from: Valaquen on Feb 15, 2011, 08:57:59 AM

Could you provide examples?
I have gher mainly sticking up for Fincher [saying nothing about the film's quality] and saying of the movie experience: "Um ... we had a lot of laughs ... I liked the dog Alien."
Which are the only hits I'm getting on google since the Anthology was released.  It borders on the Anth discussion as well as her interview she released right before Alien 3 was released.  Used to be several more popped up as soon as you typed "Alien 3+sigourney weaver,".  But I'm also fairly certain I heard similar comments in either the preproduction phase of the quad or in the Alien Saga release.  I'll look at it sometime later, but tomorrow I'll spend all day in Louisville and I still have to get my 2 miles in tonight.

QuoteThis is going to come down to our perspectives.

Probably.
QuoteI'd like the see 'em, but I'm still not convinced that Ripley in Alien 3 was radically new.

There isn't any character in the Alien series that is radically new character wise.  But Alien 3 allowed her to explore aspects of the Ripley character she hadn't got to before.
QuoteIt's an incomparable situation. No human has been projected 60 years into the future and pitted against an Alien horde [again], only to have their lives further destroyed. I've known people hurt themselves over pittances. It is a people-by-people thing, but to say that Ripley isn't in anguish after her experiences...

Never said she wasn't in anguish.  Simply said she can survive it without killing herself.

QuoteIt doesn't matter, she made a demand and was beaten down for it, physically and verbally. Of course she had it in her when she went into the furnace - which I've been arguing, it was the point of no return.

Beaten down?  If Dillon wanted to beat Ripley down she wouldn't be walking.  She got in his face. He got in hers.  He picked her up, and held her against the bars and then said you can help me or get lost.  The choice was hers. 

Getting shoved around AFTER you get in people's face doesn't constitute getting beaten down.  If he knocked all her teeth out and broke her arm, that'd be a different story.  His "verbal assault," would've had no more affect on her character that Morse's comment about shoving her head through a f**king wall did. 
QuoteErr, didn't the Nostromo crew have divisions, made jokes about eating 'something else', treated one another with contempt, bickered throughout the experience etc? The marines have a laugh over breakfast and are suspicious of a woman who returned from a job the only surivor, everyone else dead. Both Weaver and Cameron have commented that the Marines [and others] suspected Ripley of some subterfuge, considering the outlandish story, completely understandable. On the other hand, the prisoners raped women and fondled kids. I know who I'd rather be with.

It's not a question over who would you rather be like but rather the disposable nature of certain characters.  There were Marines that were there to simply show how badass the Aliens were.  Just like there was Prisoners.  Alien 3 merely had the quantity.  But the story was Ripley's and thus those characters aside from Dillon, Morse, Aaron, and Clemens were just there to further the action.  Just like the Marine characters of people like Dietrich, Spunkmeir, Crowe, and Weirzbowski.

QuoteReally?

She seemed like good peeps.  She was likeable in the short instance she was in there.  Certainly much more so than EITHER Prisoner or Marine, but she wasn't a great character because she was likeable.

randy4321

So if this movie isn't about alien, what is it about?

predxeno

Quote from: randy4321 on Feb 22, 2011, 02:11:37 AM

Apparently it's going to be about space jockeys and Aliens only in a different movie setting.

randy4321

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 22, 2011, 02:12:17 AM
Quote from: randy4321 on Feb 22, 2011, 02:11:37 AM

Apparently it's going to be about space jockeys and Aliens only in a different movie setting.
Elaborate? So basically it is a prequel to alien.

parker.wade0034

it sucks to not have an Alien movie so they can redeem themselves. But they're "essential" to the story of the film. Who knows what that really means though as far as we know it could be the same way a virus is "essential" to a zombie film. You hear two sentences about it then the rest of the film is spent tearing people apart. They're supposedly in the movie but I really hope they redefine the level of malevolence the Alien creature lost after the original film, which kinda worked in the 3rd film but... not quite.

predxeno

No, it's a film (prequel, possibly) that'll have an Alien.  I don't think it's going to be a direct prequel to the film.  I'm probably not the best person who can explain this.  As far as I know, a lot of people are saying that there will be Aliens and a space jockey in the film.  I'm not 100% convinced yet, though.

Mus

Mus

Here's the synopsis:

'The story takes place in the distant future. There are two superpowers on Earth fighting each other for what's left of the remaining natural resources spread out across the solar system. One of these superpowers have created and sent a giant terraforming ship to a distant planet called Erix. Their hope is to take this living world and reshape it so that humans can live there.

This enormous terraforming spacecraft lands on Erix, a harsh and uninhabitable planet where it dispenses six smaller mobile units called Crawlers which spread across 125 kilometers of the planet and sow seeds which then terraform the planet. And the name of this terraforming spaceship is..."Prometheus." The severity of Erix's indigenous life is notable which are essentially referred to as bio-mechanoid killers.'

Kimarhi

That's the synopsis for Shadow 19.

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: Valaquen on Feb 15, 2011, 02:14:27 PM
As for the rest of the argument - been there, done that with Valaquen, and found it to be a waste of effort.
... sorry?

The fact that you and Strange Shape keep futilely attempting to "correct" someone's opinion based on confabulating out of context quotes on the web versus someone who literally has 1st hand video footage of personages saying directly on camera to the entire world + dog what supports their stance in the first place; and moreover beating the dead horse repeatedly, with the wrong implement no less.

Mus

Mus

Quote from: Kimarhi on Feb 22, 2011, 04:26:21 AM
That's the synopsis for Shadow 19.

Well, shit. So it seems. I should probably have read that article all the way through. OH WELL.

Valaquen

Quote from: Xhan on Feb 22, 2011, 05:28:29 AM

Quote from: Valaquen on Feb 15, 2011, 02:14:27 PM
... sorry?

The fact that you and Strange Shape keep futilely attempting to "correct" someone's opinion based on confabulating out of context quotes on the web versus someone who literally has 1st hand video footage of personages saying directly on camera to the entire world + dog what supports their stance in the first place; and moreover beating the dead horse repeatedly, with the wrong implement no less.
Wasn't asking a question. Was offering a reluctant apology. And to whatever you're babbling about, and you do babble: sure.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed