Fan Reviews

Started by ikarop, Sep 27, 2014, 12:50:11 AM

Author
Fan Reviews (Read 110,592 times)

Hudson

Hudson

Who has played the hardest setting where you can't use the map and the motion tracker is broken?

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

I have beaten nightmare mode, tense as hell and requires some patience as the Alien sticks near where you are much longer than in lower difficulties.

Hudson

Hudson

Quote from: The Cruentus on Sep 10, 2020, 01:37:03 PM
I have beaten nightmare mode, tense as hell and requires some patience as the Alien sticks near where you are much longer than in lower difficulties.

I think I've beaten the game 5 or 6 times now. It's only right that I finally play it on nightmare.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Definitely doable, just watch your resources as they are more scarce as well.

Huntsman

Huntsman

Quote from: FatStu on Sep 08, 2020, 07:29:51 PM
I completed this for the first time today. Bought it years ago but gave up on it when it became too much like hard work. But I persevered this time around and I'm glad I did. Very enjoyable game.
I got stuck a while back and gave the game a rest for a long time. Came back to it recently and I'm progressing along. Can be frustrating but it's a masterpiece of atmosphere and tension. Happy to consider it canon. Would make a great movie.

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

It can be frustrating, but the AI for the Alien is incredibly smart and adapts. A movie based off Isolation would be awesome.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Just might require less hiding under tables and in lockers.  :laugh: But I do think the narrative is there!

blood.

blood.

Hey guys not exactly a review but I think this video of my friend playing for the first time encapsulates the overall alien isolation experience lmao  :D

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: Phobos on Nov 22, 2020, 05:59:09 AM
It can be frustrating, but the AI for the Alien is incredibly smart and adapts. A movie based off Isolation would be awesome.

I'd be fine with that if its not Ellen Ripley's daughter. It seems to implausible to have family members keep encountering the Xenos, like the Brody family in the Jaws movies.

Lost_Hunter

Lost_Hunter

I thought the game was top notch except for Amanda. The fact that she was Ripley's daughter makes the universe feel soo small. Unnecessary, she's also a badass and has killed her fair share of Aliens, just like Ma..... A new character would have worked well and been more believable. Still enjoy the game and play it.

I would've changed the 3rd act so you feel more like a threat and switch the gameplay so it's less stealthy towards the end. A Queen or Praetorian would have been cool.

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: Lost_Hunter on Jul 22, 2021, 12:22:05 AM
I thought the game was top notch except for Amanda. The fact that she was Ripley's daughter makes the universe feel soo small. Unnecessary, she's also a badass and has killed her fair share of Aliens, just like Ma..... A new character would have worked well and been more believable. Still enjoy the game and play it.

I would've changed the 3rd act so you feel more like a threat and switch the gameplay so it's less stealthy towards the end. A Queen or Praetorian would have been cool.

I unequivocally agree. Amanda being a Ripley was the only issue. I also felt it conflicted with Aliens Director's Cut that had Amanda dying of old age. I realize she gets rescued at the end of Isolation, but you think she'd have reported her encounters with Xenos and Ellen would have found her report.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I was skeptical about Amanda before the game came out, but it just wouldn't have the same impact when she finds that flight recorder if it wasn't her. It works. It's only natural that Amanda might go looking for her mother, ends up in the same area of space where she went missing and finds something related. It wasn't a stretch in the slightest and it gave the story some real emotional depth.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

I had so many doubts in general but Amanda Ripley was a particular complaint at the time the game was announced, largely due to the negative impact left by the atrocity that was Aliens: Colonial Marines.

After actually playing the game though Amanda Ripley is a part of the reason why the game was as good as it was, her presence really does make sense and adds an emotional impact that would of been unachievable otherwise.

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

I'd have preferred Amanda being the daughter of one of the other crew members of Nostromo, perhaps Lambart.

That would have made the investigation interesting. It would have ramped up the tension for the player, since Lambart died the most horrible way.

Space_Dementia

Space_Dementia

Just done a review of Isolation for my channel, recently revisited the game for only the 2nd time...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed