Another shot of Weta's Fifield

Started by MrSpaceJockey, Aug 26, 2012, 11:31:40 PM

Author
Another shot of Weta's Fifield (Read 29,664 times)

SM

SM

Reverse the situation and have this in the film and a still of the Fifield from the movie at the start of the thread and, no doubt people would still be complaining.

Nightmare Asylum

Maybe...Personally, I had no problem with the in film look. I just want to see this one in action after being teased with it.

Blacklabel

"Risking confusing the audience"? That seems unlikely given how Ridley didnt give much of a f**k about answering Shaw's main question. Maybe Ridley just prefered the Fifield with the make up.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Blacklabel on Aug 28, 2012, 12:54:47 AM
Maybe Ridley just prefered the Fifield with the make up.

I believe that's the case, yeah.

But those are two different types of confusion you're talking about there. There's a diffidence between confusing the audience about who a character is (when they should recognize it) and by purposefully leaving some questions open ended.

Blacklabel

Fifield monster is wearing the fifield gear... it's Fifield.. I dont think the advanced mutation would have confused anyone :P

echobbase79

I like both versions personally.

SM

SM

Having the mohawk or a brief shot of his nametag would've alleviated any potential confusion no matter which design was used.

BANE

BANE

Quote from: Blacklabel on Aug 28, 2012, 01:18:37 AM
Fifield monster is wearing the fifield gear... it's Fifield.. I dont think the advanced mutation would have confused anyone :P
Gear? They all wear the same gear. Mohawk or any hints of red hair are all it would take.

Highland

Highland

Not even.

Janeck say's Fifield's camera is responding outside.  We already know it's him.

SM

SM

NGR01

NGR01

Scene was cut for 2 reasons.
Way too intense for PG13 (wich was the original rating target but they ended up having an R).
Because this effects were used in the initial cut of the scene, where you can see Weyland and his team leaving to meet the Engineer.
Can't wait to see all the deleted scenes and the fanedits thats will put them all back in. 

Xenomorphine

Quote from: eyeballkid on Aug 27, 2012, 02:09:51 AM
Hmm, that would have been scary. Instead we got a lame zombie guy.

I'm pretty sure this would've come across as much the same, too.

PsyKore

PsyKore

I still prefer that other one where his head is slightly elongated.

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Highland on Aug 28, 2012, 06:59:05 AMJaneck say's Fifield's camera is responding outside. We already know it's him.

Exactly. There is no justification for making him look like road kill.

Darth Vile

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Aug 29, 2012, 01:47:44 PM
Quote from: Highland on Aug 28, 2012, 06:59:05 AMJaneck say's Fifield's camera is responding outside. We already know it's him.

Exactly. There is no justification for making him look like road kill.

Apart from the fact that it's a real actor performing under the makeup, which is rather horrific, rather than CGI Gollum...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed