Aliens Colonial Marines Q&A with Gearbox Software

Started by ikarop, Jan 25, 2012, 03:03:37 PM

Author
Aliens Colonial Marines Q&A with Gearbox Software (Read 44,662 times)

Baldbasturd

Baldbasturd

Recently a new user has popped up on the A;CM forums.  She has asked repeatedly for a female version of the main playable character "Winter".

I'm not going to ask for a playable female lead, I'm demanding it.

Strong female leads have always played a role in this series.  In multiple interviews, you have stated that you are "Huge fans", and that you "are proud to be working on a series you've been stealing from" your whole careers.  Please do the series justice and include a female version of the lead.

The legacy here is even more important.  Alien, and Aliens were some of the first Action/Scifii/Horror movies to portray a woman in a lead role, not to mention an a$$ kicker. Now, just as then, women in video games are more often objectified than celebrated.  They serve the bouncing boobie, damsel in distress role.  Yes, there strong roles, see Mass Effect.  But lets be honest, those roles are few and far between.

Take this opportunity to help change things.  Continue the legacy of the movies, and create a strong female lead in the tradition of Ripley, and Vasquez.  Hell even Newt was pretty damn tough!

One more thing.

Let's face it Gearbox, after the blatant misogyny that went on in Duke Nukem, YOU OWE THE LADIES ONE.  Ya, Ya, I know, you pretty much published a finished game, but your names on it, so you own it. 

I don't care if you have to delay the game into 2013....GET IT DONE!!

P.S.  Sorry for the tone, I really am overall very encouraged by your work so far, but this user's signature is "My wheelchair lift reminds me of the Power Loader and every time I use it, I want to yell "Get away from her you Bitch!"".  You don't get any more inspirational than that!

WinterActual

Quote from: AvatarIII on Jan 29, 2012, 08:27:48 PM
Damn :(
+1!! If I was a game dev I would talk to the fans in the forums, answer their questions and stuff.

ikarop

Thread closed! Thank you all for your questions.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed