RIP Charles Lippincott

Started by HuDaFuK, May 20, 2020, 07:25:22 AM

Author
RIP Charles Lippincott (Read 3,305 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Charles Lippincott, who edited the comic adaptation of Alien and worked on the advertising and merchandising for the film, has passed away from complications relating to COVID-19.

SM

SM

Just read this on Facebook.  Not sure it was Covid-19 related - I think he was in hospital for other reasons when he had a heart attack and a stroke.

I've always known about Charles with his connection to Star Wars and Alien, but only made contact with him fairly recently when I was trying to help USC make contacts for their Alien 40th anniversary exhibition.  He wasn't able to help me, but once he found out I had contacts at Fox he asked me if I could put him in touch, and I believe there was a book of photos from Alien (and possibly the hours of interviews he had on cassette) in the works with Titan.

He was constantly putting up pictures from Star Wars, Alien, Judge Dredd and Flash Gordon and frequently engaged with fans.  Plus he was a lefty, so bonus points there.  I never met or spoke to him other than the occasional exchange via Facebook, but I shall miss him.

Deepest condolences to Bumpy.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SM on May 20, 2020, 07:49:33 AMJust read this on Facebook.  Not sure it was Covid-19 related - I think he was in hospital for other reasons when he had a heart attack and a stroke.

You could be right, both causes are mentioned in the posts on his Facebook page.

Regardless, RIP. I've said many times how comics aren't really my thing, but I absolutely love the Alien adaptation.

SM

SM

He had been very worried about the amount of people dying from Covid-19, and considering his age, also worried about catching it.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, he was very outspoken about the COVID situation. I always enjoyed his frankness. I've never really had much to do with Charles, but I've enjoyed following him on social media for the last 5 years. He'd been working with Titan on the photos book for 4 years. Hopefully they'll still be able to publish it in his memory.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: SM on May 20, 2020, 07:49:33 AM
He was constantly putting up pictures from Star Wars, Alien, Judge Dredd and Flash Gordon and frequently engaged with fans. 

Yeah, I was re-posting quite a lot of his stuff in the "Best Alien/Non-Alien Picture" threads a while back. Some really amazing never-before-seen bts stuff that came out of his archives and I'm glad he could share that with the world before he passed away.

AVP-CAPCOM

AVP-CAPCOM

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 20, 2020, 08:18:17 AM
Another unsung hero of Star Wars.

https://scoop.previewsworld.com/Home/4/1/73/1016?articleID=217963

People often forget that 20th Cerntury Fox, at the time, were more interested in "Damnation Alley" than Star Wars.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damnation_Alley_(film)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 20, 2020, 08:55:13 AM
I've never really had much to do with Charles, but I've enjoyed following him on social media for the last 5 years. He'd been working with Titan on the photos book for 4 years. Hopefully they'll still be able to publish it in his memory.

Need to remember to grab all those old photos off his instagram and save it on the AVPG servers before his account is closed.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on May 20, 2020, 09:22:09 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 20, 2020, 08:55:13 AM
I've never really had much to do with Charles, but I've enjoyed following him on social media for the last 5 years. He'd been working with Titan on the photos book for 4 years. Hopefully they'll still be able to publish it in his memory.

Need to remember to grab all those old photos off his instagram and save it on the AVPG servers before his account is closed.
Hurry! That ALIEN stuff is gold. I have some of it, but not all.

Now the future of the book he was going to publish is uncertain, the images he's posted may be gone for good.

SM

SM

He sent a stack of prints out to fans last year.  I have a few that I hadn't seen in previous publicity material.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Any Star Wars stuff?

SM

SM

Just Alien.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I've not had a chance to read through it yet.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

This is so saddening.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed