Giger's Alien-inspired art

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Nov 12, 2017, 05:05:13 AM

Author
Giger's Alien-inspired art (Read 40,932 times)

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I like that you're not afraid to mix symbols, recognizable creature components and elements of humanity into an original form. With a little patience you may be able to develop your skills into something spectacular.

I also like the hat, I feel like I've seen it somewhere else, but that may simply be that it looks a lot like The Tower of Babel. 

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Yes, I was thinking about the tower of Babel while drawing that. Hopefully my skills improve over time  ;D

The Old One

The Old One

Remember the video I directed you to?
Watch more of Plague Of Gripes' videos.
It's good encouragement.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Thank you so much for the heads up! I'm going to take a deeper look at that channel  8)

The Old One

The Old One

I recommend
Let's Gripe about Writing, How To Draw
and A 'Scary Lessons' Comic.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

The Old One

The Old One

Alexander Isakoff's a great renderer.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Just drew something, based on a recent topic in the "What made you unhappy today?" thread. I call it "Sleep Paralysis".

razeak

razeak

That looks like metal cover. Excellent lol

It's clear what franchise on your mind haha.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: razeak on Aug 09, 2019, 03:23:56 PM
That looks like metal cover. Excellent lol

Thank you  :) I will improve my skills with each drawing. I promise  :laugh:

This is a representation of someone experiencing sleep paralysis. The house has those monstrous shapes because nightmares have taken over that home. The Space Jockey-like creature is the sleeper and an "astral" projection, so to speak, of the inhabitant of the house. He has this female-looking creature resting on his body as a reference to one of the most common symptoms of sleep paralysis: the feeling that something is resting on your chest or bed. But it is also my humble tribute to this painting: The Nightmare by Henry Fuseli.

Quote from: razeak on Aug 09, 2019, 03:23:56 PM
It's clear what franchise on your mind haha.

Indeed  ;D I am a big fan of Alien, Lovecraft but especially a big fan of Giger  8)

razeak

razeak

It's so difficult for me to put art on paper that is not rigid in conforming to real life proportions and appearance. I can pencil a decently realistic face a dozen times better than I can draw even a Pokemon style face lol. It's infuriating. Not.to say that I'm particularly great, but I'm adequate. I can see it in my mind, but my hand can't get it on paper in a way that is remotely satisfying.

Perfect-Organism

Razeak, don't get discouraged.  If you have a vision and you enjoy it, keep practising.

Great thread!

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Yeah, what Perfect Organism said. Also, just look at my drawings dude. These are quite amateurish, but I enjoy drawing them and I have the promise that I will improve with practice  :)

Perfect-Organism

Imagine two different artists, the one with a lot of talent who does not put in any practice time, and the one who has little talent but draws all the time.  Which one comes out on top?  Almost always the latter.

The Old One

The Old One

Practice, inevitably creates personal satisfaction and superb art.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed