Want Some Candy? Alien vs. Predator Galaxy Presents the Shooting Script of Predator 2!

Started by Voodoo Magic, Nov 21, 2020, 03:33:25 PM

Author
Want Some Candy? Alien vs. Predator Galaxy Presents the Shooting Script of Predator 2! (Read 7,383 times)

Voodoo Magic

In celebration of Predator 2’s theatrical release 30 years ago, Alien vs Predator Galaxy is thrilled to present the very first of several releases we have in store for you all today – the 1990 shooting script for the fan favorite sequel, never made available before in public circulation!

Written by the original Predator creators Jim and John Thomas and tallying 139 pages, this is the very script that was in the hands of the cast and crew all throughout principal photography.

The Thomas Brothers were also on set during filming performing rewrites where needed, so page edits can be tracked from the greenlit base third draft dated January 16th, 1990, all the way to the last month of shooting in May.

In addition to that, we’ve also put together a special Predator 2 “dossier” containing not only the 1990 shooting script, but with a peppering of storyboards, shooting schedules, diagrams and more!

Two ways to read it! Two more ways to celebrate the 30th Anniversary of Predator 2!  Download them both at the links below: PREDATOR 2: Shooting Script (1990) and PREDATOR 2: Shooting Script (1990) Dossier

And keep a close eye on Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for more “Predator 2” 30th Anniversary announcements, as well as the latest on all things Alien and Predator! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter and Instagram to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums!

TheBATMAN

Lovely treat thank you. You guys really dont get the credit you deserve with this website.

Darkness

Are there scenes in the shooting script that weren't in the final movie?

Is the novelization based on this shooting script?

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Darkness on Nov 21, 2020, 05:02:56 PM
Are there scenes in the shooting script that weren't in the final movie?

Not too many, because it was a very tight script, but yes sir!  :)

QuoteIs the novelization based on this shooting script?

That's what Simon Hawke believed when we asked.

oduodu

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Nov 21, 2020, 03:57:39 PM
Lovely treat thank you. You guys really dont get the credit you deserve with this website.

exactly

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: oduodu on Nov 21, 2020, 05:24:41 PM
Quote from: TheBATMAN on Nov 21, 2020, 03:57:39 PM

exactly

Thanks guys!!!

HuDaFuK

Not had a chance to read yet, does this clear up the identities of any of the characters listed in the film credits that don't seem to appear, like Sweet and Jerome?

Gr33n M4n

This is pretty neat, thanks for sharing. Mind me asking how you got hold of the shooting script?

Kradan

I swear to God, Voodoo is bloody Stephen Hopkins in disguise

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 21, 2020, 06:45:58 PM
Not had a chance to read yet, does this clear up the identities of any of the characters listed in the film credits that don't seem to appear, like Sweet and Jerome?

I can't recall if the names are in the script, but if I remember correctly, both Sweet and Jerome are part of Willie's posse. None of them were played by that famous soap actor.

Quote from: R0N1N on Nov 21, 2020, 06:51:28 PM
This is pretty neat, thanks for sharing. Mind me asking how you got hold of the shooting script?

Happy to!   :). How I obtained it was I paid a small fortune for it and other materials from a Predator 2 crew member who worked under Peter Levy.

Quote from: Kradan on Nov 21, 2020, 07:14:00 PM
I swear to God, Voodoo is bloody Stephen Hopkins in disguise

:D

ChigusaCorp

Thanks for sharing these scripts - much appreciated!

Whiskeybrewer

MrBnetV

Extremely cool! Always fascinating to compare shooting scripts with final movies.

If you guys want a couple doozies, check out Robocop 2 and Glory shooting scripts...VEEEEEEEERY different.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed