Predator: If It Bleeds - New Predator Anthology

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 02, 2016, 03:47:44 PM

Author
Predator: If It Bleeds - New Predator Anthology (Read 120,441 times)

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Bryan Thomas Schmidt on Mar 11, 2017, 08:14:35 AM
Teasers:
Besides Lebbon's prequel to Rage War, Steve Perry writes a sequel to his novel Turnabout. And my story stars Danny Glover's Mike Harrigan in Brazil and features Adam Baldwin's Garber too. ;D

Awesome! I am so excited for this novel!  ;D

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Bryan Thomas Schmidt on Mar 11, 2017, 08:05:26 AM
If we do a sequel, Archer will be back. Complicated reasons.

Understood. Hope that's the case! It'd be amazing if you managed to get Jeff VanderMeer for one as well. His Predator novel is probably my favourite! Is there much interest in doing additional anthologies?

Quote from: JungleHunter87 on Mar 10, 2017, 07:43:24 PM
Preordered. Can't wait! I wonder if Shirley will continue the Hish idea from FM or he'll switch to Yautja? Either way, can't wait to see what Father and Daughter Perry are gonna bring to the table this time!

I know Bryan addressed this but I vaguely remember John Shirley talking about trying reconcile the 2 concepts when he actually heard about the Yautja. To be honest, it's probably a better move sticking with the Yautja as a lot of Predator fans are really drawn to that.

Teasers:
Besides Lebbon's prequel to Rage War, Steve Perry writes a sequel to his novel Turnabout. And my story stars Danny Glover's Mike Harrigan in Brazil and features Adam Baldwin's Garber too. ;D

Really curious to see where your story goes! Predator has never really had any flowing through-lines with the films so that'll be really fun to see a semi-sequel.

Ben Brown

Quote from: Xenomrph on Mar 11, 2017, 04:36:05 PM
Teasers:
Referencing the old EU, I like it. ;D
This is really interesting...between this and predator: hunters, it sure seems like fox is open to 're-canon-izing' old EU material. Consider me all for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bryan Thomas Schmidt

Bryan Thomas Schmidt

There will be a sequel if the book sells well. I have several returnees from previous Predator novels lined up and plans to reconcile Hiss and Yautja too.

Meanwhile, I read all the novels, three graphic novel omnibuses, and several AvP novels and comics to prepare and we may miss stuff but I tried very hard for some continuity and to use my story to connect with the films. Perry and Lebbon connected with EU.

This book may yet include another surprise, pending agreement, as it is the 30th anniversary of the franchise...

Bryan Thomas Schmidt

Bryan Thomas Schmidt

Also Kevin J. Anderson wrote a comic and is revisting the theme though in a different setting and timeframe.

Bryan Thomas Schmidt

Bryan Thomas Schmidt

Xeno--I set continuity standards per provisions given by Fox and read everything I could find to edit for it. I also chose Yautja over Hiss because the former seemed to be used more often and I linked everyone to the online Predator wiki and language guides.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Bryan Thomas Schmidt on Mar 12, 2017, 04:25:43 AM
Xeno--I set continuity standards per provisions given by Fox and read everything I could find to edit for it. I also chose Yautja over Hiss because the former seemed to be used more often and I linked everyone to the online Predator wiki and language guides.
If you need anyone for "fact checking" (or are looking for fun obscure stuff to use as springboards for story ideas), I'm at your disposal haha.

Bryan Thomas Schmidt

Bryan Thomas Schmidt

Maybe I should do a contest for fellow fans...will think of something. Meanwhile, Xeno, feel free to send me what you got at www.bryanthomasschmidt.net. Never know

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Bryan Thomas Schmidt on Mar 11, 2017, 08:14:35 AMTeasers:

Ha! Awesome :)

Mr.Turok

YOOOOO! WWI, Vietnam, and 12th century Japan? Sign me up!

Hurricane Katrina? Gotta admit, its a random but curious choice of location to me.

The Alien Predator

I am excited for ALL of these settings, but especially the ones set in space!

HuDaFuK

I've always wanted a Predator 'Nam story, so I'm looking forward to that one in particular.

The Alien Predator

I just want to take a moment to thank all the people behind this novel very much for making it possible. I really appreciate that these stories are being made.

I am excited to see how the Yautja and Hish-qu-Ten get reconciled.

Ultramorph

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Mar 12, 2017, 10:48:54 PM
I am excited to see how the Yautja and Hish-qu-Ten get reconciled.

I'm also curious about that! Maybe "Super Predators are the Hish" will be made official canon.

Ben Brown

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Mar 12, 2017, 03:52:42 PM
YOOOOO! WWI, Vietnam, and 12th century Japan? Sign me up!

Hurricane Katrina? Gotta admit, its a random but curious choice of location to me.
$20 it was the predators who broke the levees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed