Alien - Colony War

Started by felix, Oct 09, 2021, 10:26:43 PM

Author
Alien - Colony War (Read 44,122 times)

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Yeah I never bought him being at the top of the food chain either.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

In large corporations, directors aren't the top of the food chain.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Kradan on Oct 15, 2021, 04:10:17 PM
Alex White is great and all but that idea from TCF was a bit "Whaaat ?" for me. As I've said previously, Burke never struck me as a man who would be at the top running special project trying to obtain Aliens. He always seemed more of sleazy corporate guy who've seen the opportunity and decided to act on his own. I know, there's whole thing about him sending Jordans to investigate Derelict but I've assumed he did it behind his superiors' back

Yes this. I like TCF but damn it could have been better placed after Alien 3.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Thirded. I really do love Rez but have no problem with it being ignored, and anything with WY having access to Aliens would be better set after 3.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Do you love AR because you think it's good or because of the pain and anguish that it causes me?

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Love and Rez does not compute.

SiL

SiL

I love Darius Khondji's cinematography enough to endure anything else the film throws at me.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 16, 2021, 09:43:37 PM
Do you love AR because you think it's good or because of the pain and anguish that it causes me?

I'm sure LT is being as trolly as usual but I would genuinely like to know what is it you, [cancerblack], see in Resurrection to say you love it. There're several aspects of the movie I do enjoy but I'm not sure I would go as far as saying I love it

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 16, 2021, 09:52:32 PM
Love and Rez does not compute.

"Voodoo just doesn't know what he's missing"

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: SiL on Oct 16, 2021, 09:56:14 PM
I love Darius Khondji's cinematography enough to endure anything else the film throws at me.

That and the 90s space pirate stuff aesthetic, the score, the actors, the sets- pretty much anything but the script and premise. (And things that result of that)

SiL

SiL

I always said Resurrection is almost the inverse of Alien. Alien is all the right talented creative people together on the right project. Resurrection is all of the right talented creative people together on the wrong project.

Beautiful art design, costumes, great actors, some impressive creature work, all in service of exactly the wrong script.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Kradan on Oct 16, 2021, 10:26:07 PM
I'm sure LT is being as trolly as usual

I have never trolled anyone in my life! >:(

Quote from: SiL on Oct 17, 2021, 12:01:16 AM
Beautiful art design, costumes, great actors, some impressive creature work, all in service of exactly the wrong script.

I would say the same about Alien 3.

Gentleman Death

Gentleman Death

Quote from: SiL on Oct 17, 2021, 12:01:16 AM
I always said Resurrection is almost the inverse of Alien. Alien is all the right talented creative people together on the right project. Resurrection is all of the right talented creative people together on the wrong project.

You've summed up exactly how I feel about Resurrection! Well said 😎

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Alien: Resurrection is a better 90s comic book than most of the Aliens comic titles from the 90s.

I absolutely hate Joss Whedon's script, but there are a great many interesting ideas in it, and my overall positive opinion on the film and its execution of that awful script echoes a lot of what CB/TQ/SiL said above.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Kradan on Oct 16, 2021, 10:26:07 PM
I'm sure LT is being as trolly as usual but I would genuinely like to know what is it you, [cancerblack], see in Resurrection to say you love it. There're several aspects of the movie I do enjoy but I'm not sure I would go as far as saying I love it

First up, I'll admit that the base premise is f**king stupid, but I got over that a long time ago. And while the script is also pretty damn flawed, the way characters go from action set piece to standing around talking to action set piece on repeat actually became kind of charming after I got heavily into pen and paper RPGs - the whole thing flows like a fun one-shot session.

But why do I love it? As SiL pointed out, Khondji makes the whole thing gorgeous (yes, even the unpopular designs). I've also liked every Jeunet film I've seen, not just this one. The set design tickles me just right, even the nonsensical aspects of it. The score is beautiful. And finally, because of the less serious tone, I find it to be the most endlessly rewatchable of the entire franchise. It's fantastic and Very Comfy background fodder.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed