CGI - Music - Movie - just stuff ya know

Started by Le Celticant, May 26, 2011, 04:03:01 PM

Author
CGI - Music - Movie - just stuff ya know (Read 37,050 times)

Pn2501

Pn2501

It will be great to see some of your work when it has some of your own assests rather than the predefined ones that come with vue, will definitely make it look less generic, good work, can't wait to see your Maya stuff.

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Some of my works have... my own assets.
The last picture actually has:
-Own material, greatly inspired and mimic (in purpose to train with material to strata) the canyon material. Colours, Alpha production & Bump map are my own even if those are reproducing the original material (I just wanted to be sure I could fit a strata texture well to a terrain).
-Water was an original water asset included in which I modified a lot playing with translucent parameters, glows, reflections, colour production.
-Light is 100% achieved by me also using a Global radiosity to get an HDRI alpha look rather than a direct sunlight set with the standard mod. No asset used simply because there are no asset for lighting.

Clouds... were untouched and does not really need to be touched.

Remember, I'm still learning the software, I'm not a 1 year pro user, just a dude who started to have a look to the software for some future project and did experiment.  ;)

Pn2501

Pn2501

I wasn't having a go at you, just saying it will be an improvement when you add your own models to it.

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Oh my bad, I misunderstood, to apology I'm doing something with basics I know with maya.
Render will be done as soon as possible!

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

New scene with a mesh made with Maya (pretty basic):

Render time: 4h55
Polygons: 46 971 211 590 (Probably the most complex scene I've done  :P )

Pn2501

Pn2501

Looking better, I'd change the material on the crashed UFO it makes it look smaller, in relation to the mountain,

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Le Celticant on Jun 07, 2011, 04:09:30 PM

It's... it's... my God. So... amazing.

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Quote from: Pn2501 on Jun 07, 2011, 07:15:35 PM
Looking better, I'd change the material on the crashed UFO it makes it look smaller, in relation to the mountain,

You're right but I couldn't get to my initial aim.
I wanted to do a UW map to apply exactly where I wanted the material.
Unfortunately I learnt that UW map aren't that easy and I couldn't afford much time on it.

I then tweaked my mind and decided to add some... 'building' we can say.
I'm not disappointed with the overall look, my only problem would be the angle of the textures and the shadows cast (too rectangular but that is because there aren't enough polygons to smooth the thing and add more would have been madness with the already 40 000 trillions of polygons  ;D).

The problem you mention can also be from the resolution (1600*900) which ain't enough to catch all the details.
I would have love to do a 1080p version... hell even a 4K version as the cinema resolution but my computer is just a old racing horse who hardly breath with all the things I'm making it do **No, no I'm not an evil guy with my comp, absolutely not, I just tell him to focus at 95% on render for 5 hour while I keep 2.5% for reading things on the internet that he probably don't care about and I'm making him play with the other 2.5% crappy music via Itunes mouahahahahahahahahahahah**

But I definitely agree there's something wrong with it.
Maybe it looks 'too net' for a ship that just crashed.  ;) Oh well, I'm not so disappointed, but it can definitely gets better BUT I'm a bit lazy to redo a 5 hours render  :P

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jun 07, 2011, 07:22:03 PM
Quote from: Le Celticant on Jun 07, 2011, 04:09:30 PM

http://i25.tinypic.com/6i6tte.png
It's... it's... my God. So... amazing.

Ahahaah! Thank you  ;)

Pn2501

Pn2501

Yeah rendering can suck a butt.

I used to mess around a bit in lightwave and 3ds years ago, rendering saps all the fun out of it, and the output always seems a little too generic.

What kinda pc are you using for rendering?

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Well, it's an old machine.
2 core 2.5 ghz (E5200), 3.25go ram (32bit s*cks) with a NVIDIA 9800 GT pro.

I'm aiming at a Six core i7 xeon 2.66 Ghz computer with a dual NVIDIA Quadro 600 for this summer.
I'm also saving money to buy a render BOXX (from boxx technology).
Configurations: Dual i7 Xeon 6 Core (so 24 threads), 24go ram with a primary storage of 500go.
It should be pretty smooth and I think I could even manage to do some 720p animations.

I've in mind since a long ago an animation movie (Alien & Predator) that I want to do.
Hopefully, this will live a day.  ;)

By the way, what would you say about 3DS Max?
I've heard some good things about its particles as FumeFX or Phoenix plugin but I've heard people saying that Maya is the real deal for creating models.

Pn2501

Pn2501

More experienced in lightwave,as that's what I used at school, I mucked around in 3ds years ago when I was a kid so I have no idea about the current iteration.

That render box sounds nice, yeah Maya's the industry standard, I've never used it, how do you find it?

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Honestly, It's a pretty cool software.
Usually with 3D software, it takes years to master how to create models.
Doesn't seems the case of Maya which is very easy to use (at least I had no troubles with the basics which sometimes can be a bit frustrated as Blender or milkshape. Never liked those software, never will).
The hard stuff is more about the animations, particles and FX but this is a more advanced stuff. I must not skip steps.

I still have much to learn!

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

I've been a bit off lately, so here I am with an animation concerning the future production house called "C."
It's not really 2D still art but it's still kinda art  :D
Here is the result of two days of work:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4_FJgI6hbo#ws

Thanks to:
-NASA, for the planets' map
-mocarg for the shockwave preset.
-Feddjoe for the logo.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Shiiiit, you're back! That's really great Celticant.
The motif spreading from the moon... gelatinous cosmic horror. :o ;D

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Haha thank you! I may not be much present since I have a couple of clips to film for french rappers but I'll try my best.
Cosmic horror mouahahahaha, be careful cos you could possibly see an ΩZilla harvesting stars in the future  ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed