New Trailer Coming Tomorrow

Started by Johnny Handsome, Jun 25, 2018, 04:53:19 PM

Author
New Trailer Coming Tomorrow (Read 20,043 times)

MudButt

MudButt

Most of the folks on this forum were asking for a new trailer after the first teaser. The extended TV spot we got was better received but never officially released online. A new trailer is needed to course correct the opinion on the movie on the internet. Plus with the plans to market it at Comic Con, I am pretty sure now they're going to show an extended scene at Comic Con for this movie. They want this to be a hit, it's a potential franchise starter.

Stealth_Hunter

Stealth_Hunter

Quote from: D88M on Jun 25, 2018, 06:56:55 PM
Boy they sure know how NOT to sell a movie, first we get an announcement followed by a year of silence and then three trailers in a row, why are they doing such a poor job?

3 trailers...IN A ROW, YOU SAY??? My god...!

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Way more stylised armor than I expected...

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

I have a feeling this movie is going to be super fun in a FALLEN KINGDOM way.

ace3g

ace3g

Still don't know how to properly close the mouth...

Xan21

Xan21

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jun 25, 2018, 07:52:06 PM
I have a feeling this movie is going to be super fun in a FALLEN KINGDOM way.

Well I have no eye rolls left because of that one 😂 with FK it looked like the writers had a first draft and just filmed it(cinematography was gorgeous though)... hope the characters make more logical choices in The Predator.

Hollywood

Hollywood

Looks good, maybe he'll close his mouth properly in other shots?

Chances are I won't watch this trailer unless people say it gives next to nothing away.

Kel G 426

Kel G 426

I was going to say the face looked pretty good but then I saw the lower mandible wobbling. Other than that, he looks pretty slick.

Actual Hybrid

Actual Hybrid

Not sure why captured has such...Decorative armor.  He/she not a hunter? I guess we'll see?

Edit: Ceremonial perhaps?

Doomofman

Doomofman

Quote from: Actual Hybrid on Jun 25, 2018, 08:50:47 PM
Not sure why captured has such...Decorative armor.  He/she not a hunter? I guess we'll see?

TBH this movie is 28 years after P2, assuming the movie universe has also progressed 28 years I can see that being the reason this pred has sleeker armor

426Buddy

426Buddy

There is a theory that i like. That its a standard issue set of armor/weapons, sorta like a predator military uniform. Something basic and produced in bulk.

There may be no truth to that but i like it.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Quote from: Doomofman on Jun 25, 2018, 09:01:01 PM
Quote from: Actual Hybrid on Jun 25, 2018, 08:50:47 PM

TBH this movie is 28 years after P2, assuming the movie universe has also progressed 28 years I can see that being the reason this pred has sleeker armor
Sleeker, perhaps, but this almost looks like a toy.

Lionhart

Lionhart

Quote from: D88M on Jun 25, 2018, 06:56:55 PM
Boy they sure know how NOT to sell a movie, first we get an announcement followed by a year of silence and then three trailers in a row, why are they doing such a poor job?
Just be happy we are getting something.

Wysps

Wysps

It does sort of look like a toy. Sleek, "down to business"-like. I'm OK with it (so long as it's not the new standard going forward). Hopefully we'll get enough scenes with at least one Predator in the traditional outfit.

The face though...looks off in a way? It's almost like the eyes aren't inset deep enough into the skull like the Predators we've seen before. Or the brow ridge isn't prominent enough. I can't quite put my finger on it.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

This could also be connected to NECA revealing their first figure for the movie tomorrow.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed